• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lagg issues[On my server]

freaked1

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello!
Lagg issues.
All the players lagg, and with all I mean ALL 5!!!

I'm starting to give you my computer speccs:
AMD Athlon 6400 x64, 3.21GHz dual core. (Makes 6.4GHz total)
4 GB ram, but since I have windows xp it is 3.5 GB.
The map: A custom Evolution map. size: 18,8MB
Connection speed: Testing with speedtest.net:

Uhm, I am up at 0.88MB usually but doesn't seem like I am now :/

I have turned off all the other computers at this home, even when I'm not playing or even having any other programs running.
Going to virus scan now, what else could I do or what could make this lagg?

I have checked threads with players asking how many players they can have, persons with less upload speed have been able to hold atleast 40+ players, and I can't take 1 little player?
Somethings gotta be wrong! The players are my friends, living in the same city. :p

EDIT: I won't forget to rep++ you ;)

EDIT nr. 2: No threats were found during the scan, what now? :p I have rebooted. :/ I have run CCleaner, doing one more speedtest to see if it is better, none online to test atm so... but give me some information of what it could be ;)

EDIT nr. 3: Okey after those fixes I got my speedtest to normal but I think that the problem still exists :p:

Last edited:
You have very low upload speed, but you should be able to host a couple players smoothly. What are players ping to your server? What is your cpu usage while running the server? Are you using wireless or anything that could cause you to have a unstable connection or any packet loss? How bad is the lag, maybe it could be a script?

Yeah I have low upload speed, but should atleast be able to have 60+ players not only 5 :p CPU usage: 14%, TP cable, dunno about the ping, well it is lagging a little all the time they say.. :/
Hope it is just a script xD

@up 60 is pushing it, I have similar upload and people complained past 40. When people complain about lag, look at them and get their IP, type it into ip2location.com or ping it. Maybe they are getting 200-300ms+ ping just because they are far away.

I have 2 MB of internet, Real map with 75 Players Online with a little lag o.o, check yours scripts clean all global events & Creaturescripts

I will ping them next time, thanks ^^ Well I should atleast be able to hold more then 5 I think :p Well, gotta clean some scripts I guess ^^

Back