• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Selling Lordaeron (WypasOTS) server - complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

elf

Sing, sing blue silver
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
tayandenga
Twitch
tayandenga
(yes, you read properly)

Hello OtLanders,

the time has reached me and after several years of fun, I've lost my fancy on developing an OT (custom) server.
I will probably still enjoy OT community for some time in future, but I don't want this, over 4 years of work to die like that.

Lordaeron, known before as WypasOTS has his own history. The server has been raised up together with my person in the community at early 2008.
We've put together with team (overally there have been around 40 people during time who left part of themselves in the history of the server) alot of effort in how the server worked before and works now. TheForgottenServer as you know it now has been developed thanks to this server and it players who blamed me, but they have always been apart of beta tests for specific features.
You, here on OtLand, know only the last 6 months history of Lordaeron, which isn't that great how it was back in 2008 (first OT reaching 500 players, etc).
Unfortunately times have changed, the players got more expectations... My life is quite different as it was on the begining and I don't have anymore patience for people, for stuff. I got full time job too...
So I've decided to sell my work together with all features, included:

- whole /data/ (map, scripts)
- engine 9.44 with unique features
- engine 8.54 (same as previous)
- login server with data collection
- website on ModernAAC with unique features (guild rank management system, full recovery system with mailings)
- old website on GesiorAAC together with unique paid theme (I don't know in what shape it is)
- forums
- client-related data for 9.44
- client-related data for 8.54
- otitemeditor with auto-assign of IDs
- dateditor + downgrade/upgrade tools
- domain

some major features...
- old frag system
- own achievement system
- own tasks system
- cast system
- irc integration system
- 8.54 is run on latest trunk downgraded engine
- unique conditions code (attackspeed, attackpower for knight/ paladin)
- namelocked characters management
- several nice commands
and much more...

I don't know what else I can write, because its very hard for me to type this. Yet month ago I laughed when someone asked me could he buy it. But now... This seems reasonable, as I am no more proper person to lead it.
Overally around 2GB of data and 4 years of work. The server can make around 800 euro monthly with around 200 players, what is much.
The price I am interested... I don't know. I've put thousands of hours of work in it and my heart, it also costed me alot of unslept nights, and even cried once because of it.
So you see, the server has big mental price for me.
If you are interested- please leave me a private message, I'll pick most responsible person with good offer.

PS
Yes, dedicated server is not in price. I sent all the files and pass ownership of domain, if you want.

I wish you would have posted this earlier, I just spent a lot of money and I'm broke.

I wish you the best of luck finding a responsible and mature buyer, who won't destroy what you have spent so long creating.

J.Dre

This is really sad :(
I hope you think again about it, nothing will worth the time you spent in it.

This is really sad :(
I hope you think again about it, nothing will worth the time you spent in it.

Indeed, but my time has came, I just cannot afford time anymore on this..

Thanks for kind words guys, but still no serious offers around (though its only 2 hours up XD).

That was a very sad read. Unfortunately I doubt I'd even be able to afford it (especially when you put it in terms of thousands of hours and putting your heart into it) :(
I'm also interested in the cast system, if you'll sell it separately I'll most likely accept any offer (serious).

Red

That was a very sad read. Unfortunately I doubt I'd even be able to afford it (especially when you put it in terms of thousands of hours and putting your heart into it) :(
I'm also interested in the cast system, if you'll sell it separately I'll most likely accept any offer (serious).

Red

Pay within terms? xd

Red

Red, the price isn't in thousands. It all depends on a good will. The better I know person the lower price I will accept.

Got some news... I can be link for buyer to Homepay - płatności internetowe, płatności online, sms premium rate (Polish SMS payments with 48% of income for partner, soon will support also pay-by-phone with 50% of income) for 2% monthly (just for time to handle it) :p The payroll is each ~13th day of the month, I'd pass the money through PayPal. Also, I own a message prefix, so you only send 'LORDAERON' on a specific number, without any extras like 'HPAY.LORDAERON', etc (not implemented yet).

"Yet month ago I laughed when someone asked me could he buy it." That was me elf haha :p And yes im still intressted :p

Last edited:
Still haven't got many offers. Believe me, its not that high, but ain't low, its really years of work. My diff file with TFS has 3k lines + around 1k extra lines (4 files).

Elf, i think many of us know you have work hard at this server and its has take mutch time of yours. But its still just an "Open Tibia Server". I think the best way to earn money is to sell it with low price and more copys 168 euro/each. I have also an ide. make somthing like (licence) to your server so it cant be shared.

Anyways if not like that ide so its my bid 300 euros. :)

Yours Tazer.

Sorry to break it to you but a potential buyer isn't really gonna care about the sentimental value and therefore give a higher offer, if that's what you thought.

Elf, i think many of us know you have work hard at this server and its has take mutch time of yours. But its still just an "Open Tibia Server". I think the best way to earn money is to sell it with low price and more copys 168 euro/each. I have also an ide. make somthing like (licence) to your server so it cant be shared.

Anyways if not like that ide so its my bid 300 euros. :)

Yours Tazer.

I don't want to play with that stuff. I just want to get rid of this and whatever the next owner will do, its his choice. Will he sell to other people for 100 euro/copy- his will.

Sorry to break it to you but a potential buyer isn't really gonna care about the sentimental value and therefore give a higher offer, if that's what you thought.

No, I didn't thought about it as price bumper, just wanted to state that server means much to me and I hope someone will take good care. And btw, you should get warning for this post as it doesn't add anything to the topic. Perhaps you also boycott my offer, because its up to me how I present what I sell. Guess you don't know a thing about marketing. No offend Zisly, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back