• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Real maps must die for the ot community to come back.

Summit

Reaction score
Look, i've been around for a few years. I'm not always active but I do quite often check up on both forums from time to time. I've watched this community wither away, and i fear i'm a couple years too late to be stating the obvious but i guess better late than never. Real maps are killing us, and by us i mean those who used to actualy give a damn about the end game of their server. The problem with this is we were what held the community together because we had all the insight and were willing to share it. it's what made the ot community grow.

wtih the vast majority of us gone theres no more growth, and no new generation to take our place. real maps and help sucking leaches that host them have sucked us damn near dry. if we want any of this to be here in a year we need to do what we can now. I say we (the community, since we cant trust the mod's to be bias aginst real maps) end real maps. it will be fairly simple, just need mass participation.

First, any real map thread that pops up either gets no posts in it, or gets flamed (i know im supporting something aginst the rules but hey, its for the greater good)

Second, stop playing the damn servers...

Third, if your coming on to otfans then leave a post in a thread. it doesnt have to be much of anything just SOMETHING ffs...

Forth and finnaly, we need a Death to Real Maps flag right? Let's throw together some idea's for a sig pic to demonstrate our hate for it.

Last edited:
I agree, those who download/run real-maps servers arent even interested in the OT community at all, they are just interested in money. Why should the OT-Land, an open tibia community, support those who doesnt supports the same? Most of the people who run these servers doesnt even have more than 20 posts, they just create an account, leech everything they can, cry for scripts on the support sections and then leave, contribuiting with nothing at all...

Completely signed.

I agree that real servers are a plague that should be dealt with, if people want to play a server with a real map, they are better off playing real tibia, I started OT because of how good it was to make our own custom and unique things, I'm all the way with you man!!

And regarding what you said about mods, you are right, I can't use my privileges as a Mod to enforce something like this because it would be considered bias, but as a member of the OT Community, I'm with you!

Im with you too. I hate real maps. No good custom ot's anymore. I dont understand how people like them. If they like rl maps they might aswell go play rl tibia instead of spending theyre money on rl tibia ot's then. wow.

Im with you too. I hate real maps. No good custom ot's anymore. I dont understand how people like them. If they like rl maps they might aswell go play rl tibia instead of spending theyre money on rl tibia ot's then. wow.
I'm still working on my custom OT , but it's a lot of work ;P But the map looks good so far, imo... =)

Tomorrow I will be back on track to help the OOD project (of Zisly), with creating a strategicalplan. I am also fixing a new monsterpack with RenzoTM and I am creating a basic NPC pack. The cipsoft servers should indeed die. Custom maps should return. The only way we can do that, is creating a map with quite alot of people. Nowadays it looks like creating a whole server with a team of +/- 4 members is to much work to stay alive.

Then i got a idea.
I know you may think its bad but..
What if all of the best mappers/scripters in otland comes togheter making a beast custom server?
Destroying the cipsoft servers, also making them die out?

Then i got a idea.
I know you may think its bad but..
What if all of the best mappers/scripters in otland comes togheter making a beast custom server?
Destroying the cipsoft servers, also making them die out?

o_O that would be cool.

Btw if you people want rl maps to die just do NOT play them and there will be less people playing which may cause the owner to turn off the server.

The best ones are already busy with their servers or don't care
one thing to notice is that the best ones sometimes dont work well together, using an easy example, one of them might think that going left is the perfect path while the other might think that going right is the perfect path, they can't agree and it ends up with one of them leaving, which will lower the morale of the team, which will lead to its end, I've seen this happen(not in an OT Server, but in a real project)

people wont just stop playing real servers, we just have to find out something that people think its better then the real map

I wont be joining since Im already busy with my project, but I wish luck to these projects.

Its better just die than keep alive with such bullshit.

I dont hate rl map servs. Masiyah is awesome and rohan puts lot work/time and money in this ot, he is serious and earns money , too.
But i see your point :) well i was hosting my custom map proect several times ... 16 players online :(
Seriously where are the times:
Custom map: 80%ppl online
Rl map 20% online

Back