• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Real Roleplaying Server

Amusement

Tactical Bacon
Reaction score
Before i begin, i just want to make it clear i wont actually be making one am just curious as to how popular it would essentially be, if i ever did get enough time this would probably be the only thing i'd like to do on OT concerning making my own server.

So first i'll explain what i mean, RPing(Roleplaying) is when you take on the role of a character (Basically something made up), you define him, give him a name and essentially "pretend" for a lack of a better word, to be your character. You give him a unique identity, humor, personality and define him how you like. I know for the most part, the Tibia community is focused on PvP, and an RP server would propably sound lame to you, but PvP does happen, you can & i will, allow you, if RP'ed correctly, to RP an Evil character, you may start as a Bandit, rob some people & possibly move up, there are options for everyone.

This has never been (to my knowledge) consider on Tibia, RPing is popular mostly on Forums, am sure some of you have seen them before, people will make up there own character and Roleplay the character through posts, this i never liked it was always to slow for my liking, but i played a game called NWN (Neverwinters Night) which gave you the option to take RP to a whole new level with an actual persistant world, with persistant events, obviously backed by DMs (Known on the tibia community as GMs).
What i want to know & if popular, is make a Tibia server, where you guys can roleplay, obviously i'll want to make it as persistant as possible, i'd allow for GMs, which will be able to summon effects, blood etc for asthetics, these are already in tibia so the platform for RPing is there it just isn't being used, which i originally found odd, but then i thought this probably has been considered and just never got popular.

Obviously everything about tibia, as you know will be scrapped, leveling will most likely be harder, alot harder, as in probably not level 10 in 3 days hard, but your characters will effectively be stronger, higher levels will be allowed to take the role of guard captains, evil geniuses or whatever you wish. There will probably be new skills, things like magic level will stay ofcourse, but no doubt fishing will be removed for something better, swords/maces/axes will most likely be moved into Slashing/Bludgeoning, and then there is ofcourse the whole revamp of the vocation system, Paladins will be real paladins, Mace/Sword, shield wielding, light healing holy paladins, being a D&D fan and D&D being where all this started for me, i will most likely be using D&D as a basis for vocations, druids will be earth wielders, they'll probably be able to polymorph into bears & wolves, there will be Sorcerers, wizards, Rangers, Fighters, Rogues and so on.

So around here i don't really know what else to say, so i'll just hit the submit button, but before doing so if you have read this far then please, below give your opinions & whether you will play it or not.

Gold or Copper, that's my question :p

~Oh and just to clarify, i don't want suggestions on how to make it better, again i wont actually be doing this anytime soon, unless it is really popular.
With that being said, by all means take the idea and do it yourselves if you believe you can.

So does no one have any opinion on an RP server for tibia? Honestly i didn't think there'd be much hype for it either, but i thought there'd be couple.
Oh well.

Roleplaying was demolished a few years back.

It was on Tibia, RPing is still really popular on NWN & RP forums, i figured some people who play tibia still liked RP as i know afew RPers that wouldn't touch this game purely because of it's current state, but a server built round RPing i figured would do well with the right crowd, that crowd obviously does not exist here :D

It does not exist because most people playing open tibia are playing because they enjoy pking others and starting wars. This is the only reason i played open tibia, you won't find to many people wanting to play an RPG server, most people wanting to do that will just play normal tibia.

It does not exist because most people playing open tibia are playing because they enjoy pking others and starting wars. This is the only reason i played open tibia, you won't find to many people wanting to play an RPG server, most people wanting to do that will just play normal tibia.
I agree that yes most people do come to OTs because of war, but not all, secondly read my post.
I didn't say RPG server in fact i have no idea why you mentioned RPG server.

For future, read my post first can you all stop assuming, it's not about an RPG server, infact it has nothing to do with anything RPG related as you know it, it's ROLEPLAYING.

Or hey, maybe am going at this wrong because none of you actually know what Roleplaying means, you all see roleplay and think Tibia, or WoW without actually knowing what its actual meaning is.

I think i understand what you mean. So like FULL control of your character's identity. Whether it is good or bad: like in fable/fallout.
Yh i have thought about this, it requires a mass load of storage ids for quests since npcs would act differently around you depending your "trait" aswell as the different choices leading to different consequences. Nice idea just hard coding.
To one who builds a server like this, would make a name for themself across the whole ot community. It wouldn't just be another otserver with a role playing feel. It would be a role playing server with a tibia feel. :)

Regards

I think i understand what you mean. So like FULL control of your character's identity. Whether it is good or bad: like in fable/fallout.
Yh i have thought about this, it requires a mass load of storage ids for quests since npcs would act differently around you depending your "trait". Nice idea just hard coding.

To one who builds a server like this, would make a name for themself across the whole ot community. It wouldn't just be another otserver with a role playing feel. It would be a role playing server with a tibia feel. :)

Regards

Yes, this is abit of what am looking for but at the same time it isn't.

I was actually going for a more life like world but with tibias normal quests, NPCs will greet you by name etc all simple and will tell you the locations of places they've heard or rumors about certain things, there will be NO quests.
Most things like events, and quests will be GM run & player run you will make the world how you want it, the players shape it, it wont be generic or linear it will be a free like fallout/fable but alot different.
It's hard to explain really, unless you have played NWN-RP servers before.

Persistant world.

Hmm no i think i actually understand. The part i am skeptical/ sceptical about is where would you start when creating this :p, and when i say quests i don't mean open chests i mean stories that you speak to npcs, travel, etc.

But i know what you mean. You mean everything is free, players goto any spawn they want, maybe they will loot good items, maybe not. So a level 2 could have better equipment than a level 20 or something. Yh it is like you start the character and bam go find things, level do what you want. Opposed to being told to go kill this, go deliver this etc.

Yhyh i suppose it COULD be nice, but at the same time it might not.

I guess we would never know unless it was attempted.

Nope, that's not really what i mean, the game wont be focused around going to spawns and "hunting" the respawn delay will be more realistic, example: You goto the tavern, bar keep mentions him hearing the guards talk about a patrol going missing out in a nearby cave, this signals to the player a place of "potential" adventure, if he goes alone he will be slaughtered, the game wont be focused around you being the center of awesomeness, you must gather a group of like minded adventurers through "Roleplay".

-Realperson-Adventurer1: Greetings good sir, i have recently heard tale of a patrol going missing but not far from town, would you like to accompany me.
-Realperson-Adventurer2: Hmmm, certainly sir, my sword is with you, but please before we depart tell me your name & were your skills lay.
Sir Galoway of Redrock: I am Sir Galoway of Redrock, i use a hammer and i am quiet good at casting protective magic, what about you?
Knight' Sultark: I am a Knight, sultark is my name, my trust sword follows me wherever i go.

This group, with a protective magic & a blocker/Knight, maybe able to take whatever is in the cave, only way to find out is by going in, now what you're not allowed to do is

-Realperson-Adventurer1: Lol, dude sup. I tried soloin this cave lol & it was way to hard XD you wana come
-Realperson-Adventurer2: Loool noob, i solo'ed it myself but ok ill help you.

This is not roleplaying, this is not what two people would say to each other realistically.

-As for the cave, i would probably look into it having a changed respawn, the respawn will probably be like 12 hours ingame time, you know the way tibia has night and day, this is to make it seem like once you have driven a group of say "bandits" out of the cave, it takes awhile for something else to spawn, something will always spawn in a level range, so demons would never spawn there, maybe next it would be infested with Spider.
It makes the world unique and persistant in a way.

I actually don't know if any of that can be done, i know the roleplaying part can but can the creatures spawns change like that?
I originally wanted to know if this sort of idea/gameplay would be enjoyed by people who play OTs or is it a waste of time, because i wouldn't mind investing time into something like this.

Edit: Ah also, items will be gained either by boxes that randomly generate items every time the monsters spawn which could be either little trinkets you sell for gold, actual gold or a weapon or peice of armor depending on that caves level setting.
If that isn't possible then a randomly generated Boss, that spawns in the cave with the monsters, the boss obviously corrisponding with those monsters, Bandits - Bandit Leader, Spiders - Spider Queen.

See i realy should have put most of it in the leading post, but i didn't want to give too much away about it & at the same time didn't want the post that long to the point people would skim it, but it seems there are alot of lazy people on here that don't want to read it anyway & still want to comment.
So yea, thank you GhostX for actually taking the time.

You nailed the good and bad part though, say you play with friends, you can all play evil characters that PK other players, there will be a rule set for it though, that PVP must be engaged with at least some dialogue for example :p

Bandit Player1: Ahey, lads, what have we here, seems this little traveler has gotten lost.. Pay the road tax now little traveler & no one gets hurt.
- Now in cases like these, we will have staff members, DMs/GM that will moderate things like this at all time, they will not just wonder around, no if a player chooses banditry and he thinks PVP will start, it's upto him to call a DM/GM through a request. That DM/GM will come imediatly if he can.
The reason for this is 1, to make sure Roleplaying is followed, and the bandit or Traveler is not saying
"Lol, gtfo noob." Which is not roleplaying & against the rules, & to also make sure the PvP is not instant and engaged with at least some RP beforehand.
Unfornately, as Tibia is a cruel and unforgiving place, it is not upto the Traveler wiether he doesn't want to die, this is his fate to walk into these bandits, therfore if he logs off he will be given 5-10 (or gms choice aslong as it's after at least 5mins) to log back in, if the traveler does not do so, he will be punished for breaking Roleplay, and breaking the persistancy of the world.

There is more too it but again i don't want to go really indepth, see this crap is way too long already lol.

Last edited:
God, bless Google! I write in Google: Tibia roleplay server, and i found your topic.
Yesterday, I delete mine 2 characters from WoW private server. In that to characters
i've been make two others roleplaying guilds, and i was trying to make it roleplay. But
it was hard to do with players who won't play that style and they was going to exp max
lvl they characters and go forever pvp.
I also make one year ago topic about rpg on Polish Tibia forum, everyone was writing like
"omg its so beatiful things you have in brain, i need to join your team". Hm and we choose
a one of best "rpg" server of the time, and make a guild called "Order of the king Tibianus".
We was having a beatiful guildhall in ab'deandriel (yes, it was real map with even low exp),
we also make some of good rpg-actions. We was going to our king Tibianus, my soldiers
was stay in back like they can't hear about what i speak with Tibianus, they only saw
my messages to our king. When i finish talking, a i was go to mine soldiers who
where stand 5 sqm farer than me, and i was saying them, about a quest from king.
Ahh and king was giving us a pergament with a descriptions about mission. First
mission what was given by king was explore a dragon caves near Venore and clear it.
Hm it all was very cool, but with Polish-children players its hard to make roleplay
in Tibia or World of Warcraft.

In second, I want to apolocigze for mine not perfect english, but i think mine english is more
advenced than most of Polish people. i see you have too, a lot of good ideas about roleplaying
in games (tibia), i liked the most your idea, about changing spawns, its can make
traveling/exploring/exploring again a big suprise.

When i was lil boy i was play Dungeon & Dragons, (its that game about what you write, right?)
its starts on farm, goblins kill somoone on that farm [?], and you pick uping a knife and
fight with that goblins, and your going in to your adventure. Later you take a 7 [?] characters
who play with you, and you make with they a team. I have to a vision in my mind of ice cave,
where my dad was fighting, and i was watching. (it is in that game?).

Now i want to say some words about, server. I see, you want to make alot of class of characters -
its good, about palladins etc. But without good scrpiter we can't make it. Are you a Scripter?
Becouse my sugestion is: for start make a Alfa 1.0 our roleplaying Tibia server without that, all
very special, hard to do ideas, with one town/village and don't big map
(im better in making villages where we can find near a farmer's fields)
where we can find temple, houses, depo, etc. and tavern, which it
can be a heart of roleplaying of our town. That tavern also maybe can have a rooms for too
drunk ppl who can't go anywhere, so they need to paid for room to sleep. Also that town
need a one guildhouse, for a guild suchlike they need to roleplay of Mercenaries/Guards of Town
or somthing like that. Hm what else? Outfits should be easier to get, becouse it helping in
roleplaying, alot, maybe we can give a outfits for liders of guilds, and they will giving outfits
for guild members, for example, all Merceraries members will have a barbarian outfit, or
Town Guard will have a knight outfit. But that all its only examples, and that servers need
to have free-world and poeple will choose what guild they want to create Circle of Druids,
or somthing else. Ok i write some things, which i see of roleplaying, but its suggestion
and i don't know you can agree with me.

We should make together a team, and mix our ideas, and make a server. I have one rl Friend
who is also interesting in that type of rp, so maybe he will join us to. So for start we can have
three menager members, if you agree. I'm advenced mapper, i can make a map for server, and
im also blessed by God of the great imagination that can be very useful in making a roleplay
server. I'm waiting for your answer, Christopher :)

It's shocking to actually see someone on here who knows what am even talking about, fair play.

Honestly because of the small amount of people even knowing about RPing on here, i don't really see a point in it, i was willing to get back into scripting for this, i stopped making servers way back in 8.0 so my knowledge is limited but i learn quick, my Mapping skills are really good aswell.

I only know another person who likes RPing & we mostly played Neverwinters Night back in the day, abit different from the game you're describing but it does sound alot like Dungeon Siege or even IceWind Dale both good games :p

If i were to start doing this though it wouldn't be three managers, it would be an Autocracy, i only see a mess & disagreements if it is done any other way.

Thanks for recognition. Yes, it was Dungeon Siege :)
Neverwinters Night I was want to play some years ago, but it was have to much GB to download :D
I bad write about menagers, becouse meanger is like head, must be the one. I was mean a GM's for a punish bad playing players.

I see that server like that: It should have on start short history about that town, and locations near. Map should be small becouse of small group of players of that type gaming style. And that history runs when people makes guilds, but on starts not to much guilds, like two for start would be cool. And that guild recruting a new members in that city.
Who won't to make a real pirates guild, where all members have that same outfit. If lider of pirates group reports to staff that he have alot of pirates, we making
them a new home - a ship.
Order-guild is eazy to make: monks get a monastery, where they live and helping a lost people. They also need to have near monastery, a fields for farming, mill and well.
There are alot of cocepts :)

Edit: You write, there aren't to much ppl what about we thinking is roleplay. but look, from that forum we maybe get 5 ppl, from other next five, and next forum and next, and that people get to server they friends and will be really cool.
I will feel succesfull if i see on that server 50 players online :)

Last edited:
Personally I think that Tibia is a great way to present a D&D style game, given how much freedom we actually have with scripting and working with the client.

The problem is getting people motivated behind a project.

I made a system where instead of having a vocation, players basically made their own vocation through using stat points when they level up. They also got to pick their own spells, by getting certain amount of spell points, and using them to purchase spells, They obviously would have a limited number, and weaker spells would cost less, and stronger spells would cost more.

Also made it so when you talked to npcs you could choose options to respond with instead of the normal "key word" system that is normally is used. To give an example would like, say you said hello to a tavern owner

He would greet you, and you'd get to pick these options.

1. Ask the tavern owner about work.
2. Ask the tavern owner for something to eat.
3. Ask the tavern owner about local lure.
4. Barter with the tavern owner.
5. Attack the tavern owner.

And from there, based on what option you pick (by saying the number) would have different talk routes with npcs, and for some, that would set you on specific quest lines.

Then there is making the server revolve completely on storyline scenarios, rather then "hunting spawns"

Also, you have to make it so that leveling is a very slow and a rare occasion, rather then the goal of game play. Leveling is kinda a bonus from going through many scenarios, and an added bonus, not the direct desire of the game player

In a D&D style game, you want the players engrossed in the storyline, and the game world, and not too worried about the players numbers (ie, their level, equipment stats, their standing vs other players).

Doing this is very hard with most Tibia servers due to the international standing of the game. And by that, I mean there is communication problems. Most MMOs aren't played for their storylines or game worlds, they are played to do something with friends, and to compete with other people online. This is why people grind for numbers (levels, and better stat equipment)

Any real D&D/RPG style server will be very slow placed that it will turn off most impulse players (people expecting high rates) and it would turn off those wanting to compete (leveling, pvping).

But understand, that pvp is actually WAY more engaging in a RPG style server because of the time and effort, and value the player has in their character, but it is hard to get a massive amount of people to play long enough to have something of value, or a character that can stand its own in pvp.

Lastly, it's possible to have an D&D/RPG style server, just you'll have to understand the game will be a "low population" server, with a much higher demand on server development (mapping, storyboarding, scripting, and just game designing) compared to standard tibia servers.

I'm up for it, but it's very hard to find anyone else actually interested and willing to work on something that can be great.

Also made it so when you talked to npcs you could choose options to respond with instead of the normal "key word" system that is normally is used. To give an example would like, say you said hello to a tavern owner

He would greet you, and you'd get to pick these options.

1. Ask the tavern owner about work.
2. Ask the tavern owner for something to eat.
3. Ask the tavern owner about local lure.
4. Barter with the tavern owner.
5. Attack the tavern owner.

And from there, based on what option you pick (by saying the number) would have different talk routes with npcs, and for some, that would set you on specific quest lines.

This is amazing, exactly how i'd want it on this type of server, that's really nice.

As for everything else you said, it's correct most of the NWN-RP servers don't get much, but they do get around 50~ players but this is the sort of population that is needed for the server to run smoothly, you don't need much more but to be honest you can't have anything less than 25 otherwise it will be boreing & be empty. (Rping is built around other players, so you need at least some population for it to work)

In a D&D/RPG-non persistant style server though, you would not need many players at all but that is completely different from the type of RP server that i am suggesting, one where the world & RP can only be shaped by the players.

Pvp i a whole other story, one which would be allowed & completely incouraged if RP'ed correctly.

Tibia & the engine completely allows all of this to be possible, i know that, it's mainly the playerbase & what the current "Population" play tibia for, like you said people are more into playing for just PVP, Leveling there characters, getting the highest on the high scores etc which would not be what this type of server would be about at all.
It would also not be treated as an MMO, what am suggesting would not even bring any of that into consideration, it's completely new.

Everything would as you said, be alot slower paced, i think i mentioned it in a post, leveling would be slow as hell, granted on each level you would probably gain alot more than you would on actual "Tibia", on here a level 20 would be quite powerfull, but it would also take along time to get there.

- In my actual post, i was considering doing this at full length if it got alittle interest, but as you see, no one had any interest it seems, not many posted & it now actually took a month for someone to actually post that knew what i mean't who only found the post by google was it? xD

Last edited:
Well you know I am interested, but I'm sure you already knew that from when we played RoA, Deathzot and etc

I'm willing to work on it, and I know we could get a decent amount of people (30-50)

The biggest problem involved isn't so much that everyone JUST wants pvp, it's the time it takes to make content to keep the player interested in the game world.

In this game "less is more" is a principle you can follow, but literally something you take like 10 hours to make, can be finished in 10 minutes by a player, so the staff involved with a D&D Server has to be dedicated to the project and willing to work.

What you can do to help with making content for a server like this, is to well, use actual DnD scenarios to help make your server.

There was a quest line that I did make from a real DnD scenario, and heres the overview of it.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/dungeon/157/157_Fort_Dolor.pdf

Obviously you have to work things into being able to be presented on the tibia client, but with content this indepth and thought out, you can have players try to "conquer the dungeon" and they really will play it, and not worry so much about their level or killing each other, and worry more about beating the scenario.

The problem is, it's too much work for just one person like myself to do, so the server never took off outside of my personal friends on vent, but if you are interested in working on something.. tell me..

It has been a long time since you guys started this post but I must say, I'd totally help you guys out!
It's been ages since I got into roleplay, REAL ROLEPLAY, although I never actually played a real game...
I can edit some scripts xml although I cannot start one for myself... I have a little experience running servers for my friends and I do know what Amusement was talking about, and I would be really thrilled to invest my time doing something like this.
I'd fit in Content Creation (Lores, History, some Quest Lines). I know it is not a help you might be needing for the very first scratch of the server, but it is easier to shape a world based on a Genesis and History than to create a History and Genesis based on the map.

I have a few suggestions and one concern, though:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONCERN

--> How will we manage the log in/log out system? - Being an internet-played server, people from all parts of the world would be able to play with different time zones making real time syncronization with the game time very hard to achieve.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUGGESTIONS

--> The game should be easy to play around, with few rules, like Amusement said that PvP should be engaged with a few RP lines said before, I kinda of disagree, my character could be a serial killer that likes the fear and agony of their victims and kills them mercilessly and without any sort of explanation. These kind of events are necessary and makes the world more dangerous and intriguing. It could even become a small quest to hunt down the serial killer, why not? I do think that it is the COMMUNITY's responsibility to monitor PvP actions, for having players being penalized all the times gives you the sensation of a controlled environment.

--> Why not, for start, make a town like Edron, some stronghold on an island with some raid problems? Is it really needed to map more than a place the size of Edron?

--> Tibia has much to offer for us on what concerns items for role-play, it is needed, though, to refine it, make it better. I, for example, should be able buy craft my own armor/weapon, if I want to. That way we have people that will be focused on whatever they think it would be profitable for them.

--> Potions shouldn't be that easy to get. Actually they'd be somewhat very rare, popping once in a while.

--> The "spend-your-earned-points" it is not that efficient on this kind of server because it is slow (it takes you time to spend points if you want to play someone well-around). Skill system the way it is in Tibia is good, the games runs smoothly, the progress is steady but slow. Of course the skills bars would be different and a whole system could be developed on top of it, having personal characteristics as well so the player will always know his tendency to do whatever he thinks it suits his character. I'm not sure if specifying fighting skills would be that important at the beginning. There's nothing wrong, for me, to have a Sword/Club/Axe Fighting skill bar. The way you want to hit the opponent, would be up to your imagination.

--> Maybe a Non-PvP world would not be the best for this sort of game... I'd say a PvP-Enforced would sound better, no skulls\party signal to let the player know what's going on... No names above the character nor health bars. In Tibia you can choose to play this way if you press CTRL+N twice. It should give the feeling of being real but I'm not talking about the graphics because I do believe that players should be imaginative too in this kind of practice, I'm talking about the fear you feel for you character to die, the thrill you feel when you bump into a Beholder, the excitement you experience when the game reckons your deeds... These sort of things... And though Tibia dos not have and advanced type of graphical system, it does give you these feelings. That the server should be able to tranfer to the player.

--> All knowledge about the local lore, geography, botanic, old "how-to-do" books, the world Genesis, everything, would be displayed into books, so we should have a content writer to create the genesis and the history of our world. Tibia back in its role-play-golden days had a strong and catchy history, but it has been put in halt it's development unfortunately.

--> Tibia has an explanation on how people enter the Tibia universe:

"(...) Again it was the ever-resourceful Uman who had found a solution, a solution that was possible because he had made a most amazing discovery: He had found that beyond the very fabric of existence there were other dimensions, far-away planes in which even the elder gods held no power. However, Uman had found a way to establish a connection to these alternative planes of existence, and after much experimenting he had learnt that it was possible to conjure souls of living creatures from these planes. When brought to Tibia these souls could be turned into human shape, forming the champions the human race desperately needed. This, then, was the answer to the human's problems, and it was swiftly put into practice. The gods planted a number of magical gates on Tibia, gates that were soon referred to as Portals of Souls. Through these gates a steady flow of heroes came into the world, human warriors that were both cunning and brave, and with the aid of these champions the abominable hordes were slowly but surely pushed back. At long last it looked as though the order would be restored."

We could easily develop something on top of that. What we need most is consistency. Something that gives the impression it could really have been happening in some parallel universe of any sort. I do not have any story already written but I have infinite ideas that would disappoint Power Gamers very much.

--> Why NPC's if we can have Staff Members doing multiple character? I mean, the map will be small; it could not be other way, for start, and the few quests presented would involve few NPC's as well. My suggestion is: Staff Members will be impersonating the NPC's, just like Cipsoft did with the very first Ferumbras. We would not have to worry about hundreds of scripted lines, the Staff (Game Masters) will be as active as that. We would not have to worry about a lot of things doing things this way...

--> Later on, why not let players impersonate the NPC's? We would have a game that it is roled by players and GM's.
i.e. If you want to buy an apple, you'll have to talk to the player who's a food trader and if that player is not online at the moment, it's like his store is closed. The Game Masters on these kind of casualties will be responsible for monitoring the store in question and if it is proven that the player will take too long to log back in, a sign, rumour, an event, whatever, will be created by them to continue the game world's logic.

I'm sorry I wrote that much, I still have a lot to say, I have just and only created my account here to reply to this wonderful idea because it is something that the role-playing community could enjoy and they have been neglected by the majority (if not all of them) of "profit-only" companies and power players that ignores the amazing worlds that have been buit for them to play.

I'm just going to say what I have store for Whi World RP.
Although the rp goes as far as simply reading or watching(future plans) what NPC's(monsters in future) do or say and exploring the environment (turning around every stone and reading all the books, papers, etc)
I want to bring out epic stories and situations where player has to do moral choices with his actions (but they will only realize that there is a choice when they actually invest some time going along with the world around them.)
Sometimes player wants to do both. Find out all about story but at the same time be competitive. So I will do my best to reward the rp'ers equally.
The plans so far are:
1. Game gives lot of hints for quests. Sometimes its not too obvious what to do next, but people who get understand how this game world works and what NPC knows what, have easier time to choose the right path to find hints. What i mean by right path? Well some hints or npc's can straight forward lie and well the Whi World is going to be pretty huge, so it would be quite useful if you don't wander around aimlessly.
2. Game gives hints for secrets. Secrets can be either part of some unique quests or special ways to convert enemy monsters into friendly npc's or whatever else "easter eggs" kind of things.
3. lore system. This is something what generates player personal diary/book out of the every action player takes in game. (what they kill, who they talk with, what they loot, what they look, where they step, etc)
This lore can be later read trough website or game client or even on android as an app.

That said. I don't think role playing is dieing playstyle, but it sure is hard to pull off.

Back