• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RealOTS 2016

Ezzz

Developer of Nostalrius and The Violet Project
Solutions
Reaction score
It might have seemed that @Toor quit working with the project, but we haven't, we have been working on a project about RealOTS itself that will discard our further usage of the actual RealOTS files for everyone's sake.

Here's a small blog I started writing as I develop the server project.
https://realotsblog.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/the-making-of-realots/
http://realots.net/

Be kind to ask anything you'd like to know about the developing process & RealOTS itself, I will try to answer your questions accordingly to our expectations about spoilers whereabouts.

Small F.A.Q:

Where will the server run?

• RealOTS has always ran within EU, and it will keep running there as far as I'm aware.
Is it free to play?
  • The project is free to play, you do not have to pay to get premium or have any advantage over anyone else.
What's the point of this project?
  • The project wants to stop the use of RealOTS original files for everyone's sake (Features, Expand ability).
  • This project is a hobby I work on, on my free time.
  • This project is to revive nostalgia, always having the player first.
Are we using OTServ?
  • It is using The Forgotten Server 1.1 (Master)
So it's not "RealOTS Files"?
  • It is working within RealOTS files (Uh, if you understand what I mean with "files"), it means that we're using everything but the executable files, but we have "fully" readable pseudo code and are doing our best to achieve the same style we had under RealOTS, monsters, spells, items, etc ... (Check the blog).

- Do not hate -

Victim (7, 9, 0) -> Damage (1, 25, 5) : 10
The 5 here is not a minimum damage, it is +/- value, the damage is 20-30 (min: 25 - 5, max: 25 + 5).

Last edited:
Nice work! Does monsters advance in skill while attacking players? So that you have to replace your rotworms/slimes after a couple of hours training like in real tibia.

Nice work! Does monsters advance in skill while attacking players? So that you have to replace your rotworms/slimes after a couple of hours training like in real tibia.

In technical terms, monsters in RealOTS would be able to advance in skill fighting:

Rotworm Melee Fighting Procedure:

(FistFighting, 26, 26, 26, 100, 1500, 1)
Now when we're going to reverse engineer the code for reading this respective skill, it goes as follows:

(Skillname, Actual, Minimum, Maximum, NextLevel, FactorPercent, AddLevel)
But since all monsters in RealOTS have the same value for minimum & maximum, they do not advance in skill while fighting other creatures.

Great job Ezzz, perfectionism, that's it. Really waiting, for the best RealOTS.

Hellspider anyone?

@Ezzz read your blog, really interesting read. May I ask which decompiler you use?

Could you tell us the difference between the structure of a RealOTS server and an OpenTibia server?

Cause I believe RealOTS monster behaviour is scripted inside "the datapack" and OpenTibia monster behaviour inside the source/executable or am I wrong?

Good luck with the server btw

Could you tell us the difference between the structure of a RealOTS server and an OpenTibia server?

Cause I believe RealOTS monster behaviour is scripted inside "the datapack" and OpenTibia monster behaviour inside the source/executable or am I wrong?

Good luck with the server btw

RealOTS monsters behaviour is coded the same way OpenTibia monsters behaviour is coded at (sources)

To be more precise, almost everything in RealOTS is coded inside the binary executable, that is why it's so limited and why we expanded it into TFS :)

I'm nearby sure monsters have chance to cast spells lowered at melee range, could you track that?

It's untrue.
If you check any oldschool video of demons, for exemple, in annihilator quest, where they are forced to be at long range, they GFB spam rate match the values from monsters leaked script. If you get a video from demons at melee range, the rate they spam GFB is much lower, and don't match the script rate at all.

Try to face Efreet/Marids at your server. That's probably the reason why people complained at Tibianic that Dragons healed too much (despite Iryont claiming they have the same cast rates as oldschool ones).

It won't be at the scripts. But in the engine where the chance to cast spell by monsters is handled.

Lol, this is never ending story, I've seen like 10 times posts about finishing the work. Call it RealOTS 2020, might be true, but I'm still not sure.

If dennis is on the project, at some point he will try to make money off it.

Maybe the cipsoft files should be released, so atleast someone with some decency can host it;]

If dennis is on the project, at some point he will try to make money off it.

Maybe the cipsoft files should be released, so atleast someone with some decency can host it;]
So release it already?

Back