• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Single player Tibia?

A Single Player RPG Server is a great idea and many people will play it.

• True.

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • False.

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No Idea.

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
L

LordVissie

Hi!

I always liked single player games like Assassin's creed and such. (I normally play online games nowadays tho)

I thought about this some time and my question is:

Would it be possible to make a Single Player RPG server?

So no interaction with real other players but only NPC's/Creatures. (This should be possible.)

But how would you separate every player on the server?

Would you make 1 world(/place where the player would be.) and copy-paste them ~30 times, but then only 30 players could play on the server. You could make the server downloadable and then the players must host it on localhost, but would this be a succes? (Edit: or maybe with an advanced custom client?)

Would people like a Single Player server?

(Idk)

What do you think?

Cya,

Last edited by a moderator:
You know the GM /ghost? Well, You can make this for the players. Because in this logic you limited the server a low capacity of players, but I'm thinking now, and the respaw? hahaha

You know the GM /ghost? Well, You can make this for the players. Because in this logic you limited the server a low capacity of players, but I'm thinking now, and the respaw? hahaha
Yes, I also tought about that :p

But then the respawns and I'm sure something else will be ruined :D

True. To a certain extent. Tibia as it is("rl tibia"), is not, however, playable "single-player". There's basically no lore/storyline that would make a player interested in running around solo. Rl Tibias lore is a joke, on you, the player. Tibia, as an engine, however, is capable of building an awesome single-player game... all you need is a fantasyworld with quests following a storyline, giving the player the feeling they're reading a book/watching a movie that gives them small pieces of a bigger picture a little bit here and a little bit there.

If you want it, get ready for Dec 2016 ;)

This could also be a way to create an instance dungeon.

This could also be a way to create an instance dungeon.

Only thing it would change is that the 2 players/teams in the same dungeon wouldn't see eachother, no? Monster X being killed by player Y will still be killed in the eyes of player Z... etc

Btw

Would you make 1 world(/place where the player would be.) and copy-paste them ~30 times, but then only 30 players could play on the server. You could make the server downloadable and then the players must host it on localhost, but would this be a succes?

This could be just as successful as any of the old RPG-games that with todays standards have crappy graphics(Some of them are still being played today). But it depends on how you'd define success aswell, how are you going to get any payment for your work(i'm assuming it would take huge amounts of work to create a great and long single-player game)

This is possible, Path of Exile (and other games) does this by creating Hub Areas, then creating areas that spawn monsters and have quests. In hub areas, players can see and interact with eachother, they can join parties, trade and also interract with town npcs, when you leave the hub, it creates a new area specifically for you and all the people in your party, also you have separate loot from people in your party, e.g. you and your friend kill a monster and you see 32 gold, a giant sword, and leather boots, but your friend sees 26 gold, boots of haste and royal helmet.

I don't know if this could be added to Tibia though, when you go into a new area it would have to create a loading screen because it's loading it just for you.

I could do most of it with lua, however source itself is not designed for such RPG format. It only runs trough 1 thread I think.
So whenever 1 player is loading new area. Everyone in same server will freeze to load it for them.
If someone could know how to change server with source function and without kicking player out of client. Then it's just matter of time, when these typos servers will be made.

This is possible, Path of Exile (and other games) does this by creating Hub Areas, then creating areas that spawn monsters and have quests. In hub areas, players can see and interact with eachother, they can join parties, trade and also interract with town npcs, when you leave the hub, it creates a new area specifically for you and all the people in your party, also you have separate loot from people in your party, e.g. you and your friend kill a monster and you see 32 gold, a giant sword, and leather boots, but your friend sees 26 gold, boots of haste and royal helmet.

I don't know if this could be added to Tibia though, when you go into a new area it would have to create a loading screen because it's loading it just for you.

I think that this hub + queue for areas should work fine so u got copy of every area on map for atleast 20 players and if theres too many players they have to wait in queue :)

Another thing would be the differences between a typical single player game and a game like Tibia. Tibia was designed like many MMORRGs to not only be fun, but to make money too, like arcade games, it has to extract as much money from the player as possible. This is why there are so many time wasters in Tibia, here are a few:

* Very long time required to increase skills (mlvl, axe, distance, etc).
* Large amount of experience points required to level up.
* Respawn Times.
* No level cap.
* No real end to the game.
* No direction, not even a faint one.
* Free/Premium Accounts (almost forgot this one).
* etc.

That's all I can think of at the top of my head right now, all this would need to be modified to fit a single player version of Tibia. There's also events that require more than 1 player that would also need to be modified like Desert Quest or Annihilator Quest, maybe they can be modified so that NPCs help you instead of other players.

It can still be open world with no strict direction, but if the player has some sort of established directions to take like a series of quests that chain together like a story arc, it would help the single player experience.

Last edited:
Back