• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sprite]Adding Sprites 8.50+ Using TibiaEditor and DatEditor by BlackDemon[IDC FILE]

Shinmaru

エロルアー Scripter!
Reaction score
OK, Let's begin this Tutorial.
{Explanation}
In this Tut. I'm going to show you how to add items and sprites to your OTS 8.50 and up.
First of all you need Tibia Editor and Dat Editor by BlackDemon, next just follow the picture directed tutorial.
1.png

Go to File/Open/Dat File and find Tibia.dat, repeat the same and open SPR File and find Tibia.spr
open them and it will look like this:

2.png

>Please Read the warnings in this picture<
3.png

Go to File/Import... and a window like this one will appear:

4.png

Now in this window click on Sprites and then click Open... ,

5.png

ok now this is where the magic is
this editor unlike others you can open 64x64 images and up and it will break them down to 32x32
and it will look like this:

6.png

after that click Import

7.png

see now you will find them on the sprite box to the right of the window.
8.png

Now go to File/Compile/Sprite File and now...

9.png

Now wait till it finishes compiling :p
10.png

OK, now that, that is out of the way we are going now to open the Dat Editor it's
inside a folder named "release", so now with that open go to File/Open.. and the rest should be
self explainable in the next picture:

11.png

Easy, no?
12.png

Now let's go to File/New/Item and it will create a new slot for the new item on the the left side of the window, look at pic for how it will look like:

13.png

see the new slot? that's where the new item will be, look at next pic , it's gonna get complicated:

14.png

OK now as you see there are various things in here like Display, Items Sprites, Items,
Sprite Information<Very Important), Extras, Item Stats and such but, we are going to look at Sprite Information, in it you are going to see width and height, ok so let's say you want a 64x64 image as an item, so what we do is the following width = 2 and height = 2 if it's w = 1 and h = 1 then you can add
a 32x32, now once you have that set you can pick a sprite image that is located on the right side of the window(Sprite Box) and drag it to the Display Window, ok you see that there is a sprite already in place
now do you see the light blue box above it? That, is one of the boxes where you drag your sprites(they only highlight when you drag a sprite to it, so basically you can't see the boxes), now you really need to know what type of item you are making because you have to edit the Item Stats and that requires know how well i'll let you do the guess work, now moving on.

15.png

now once you are done placing the sprites in their rightful places, go to Export/Export Item and:

Continued On The Next Post ---------->

[Continued]

16.png

Save it in the folder you want.
17.png

Now back to Tibia Editor(Assuming you left it open, you don't have to reload the spr and dat files again),
but I, reloaded the sprite file, why? I'll show you something really nice about this item editor as you can see in the picture the items that i have loaded are no longer there(I'm using an unedited sprites file),
ok , now let's go to File/Import and a window like this one will appear:

18.png

Now the tab has to be on item then you click on Open... and find the item that you created or use the pre-made one, also make sure that the setting above open on the Select Appropriate Files window is set to All Files so the file IDC appears , so once that's done it will look like this:

19.png

now in here make sure that you set the "Destination" to item or anywhere that you want it to appear in.

20.png

Now here is the real thing when you imported the item it built the sprites into the sprites box and it has all the data that you assigned it on the dat editor, this makes it easier to share sprites and such with out having to go through the hassle of adding the sprite, the data and all of its stats.

Step 2 doesn't work for me.

There isn't a picture in the box, any idea?

Also I dont get the box below when trying to add a new item..

Edit;
Nvm, i didnt read about the DatEditor thing.

P.s
would be nice to give links also.

Last edited:
Still doesnt work for me..
The DATEditor comes up an error.

Hey!
When i open .spr and .dat file in dateditor it just says
"Error: Unknown option byte: 17
Previus option byte: 10
Address: 13

Aborting... "

whats this? :O

Exactly... Same for me but i found another way of import new stuff :)
This is only for 8.54 but i guess it can be used if you have the itemeditor of that client :)

Link: Here ;)

I've already used that, but the editors are not user-friendly and to add my custom sprites and items would take an immense amount of time.

Well if you find one that works on 8.54 please post it here cause i really need too :)

When you make a tutorial try to make a full one, and this Blackdemon Dateditor is full with bugs and doesn't even compile back your spr and dat properly. And what about the ID of the item.. there's so many still unexplained, untill it is finished no credits from me.

Last edited by a moderator:
You .spr and .dat editor is no compatible with you tibia version.

try to put in version 7.80
or dowload a new editor.

(Sorry my english)

Trying with 7.8 is a complete fail as well. The Mapper programs won't recognize the dats and sprs when you use them for the map. We need new 8.7 tools that actually work, not convoluted workarounds for old tools that aren't meant to work for the newer versions.

I switched from 8.7 down to 8.5 and upgraded my engine while downgrading my protocol version. So I guess I'll be checking out this tutorial again tonight.

Back