• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestions for rookgaard!

Guitar Freak

_LüA_n☺b_
Reaction score
~sorry for the double post but the last post was long enough already so I decided its better to split it in 2, sorry if its that bad~

And well, this is a suggestion thread so Ill make 2 suggestions of my own just as "thrown ideas", not so elaborated and well thought, but not so simple aswell.

1) PVP: I know what you're thinking, but dont. I also think this has been said before and bashed right away. Here is my idea about it.

First of all, I dont think there should be a "lvl req" so when you reach it you can kill other people because thats not what Rook is about, at least not for me, if you want that type of PVP you could just go to main, specially because Rook has no aols and some people has worthy valuables worn.

But there is also this curiosity of some the Rookers (at least me) to know how would they do on a "noob-type" fight against other Rookers, and considering I have never seen this been done on any other servers or real tibia ever, but you guys are actually noticing us and making stuff for us, maybe you could consider giving us the chance of filling that curiosity.

So, lets say we will, how would it work?
Well, Im pretty sure the scripter/scripters on your team know how to easily make a "PVP Arena"-type script, right?

So it would be something like that. Not just a PVP arena 1 vs 1, but maybe make like a teleport on a room for Lvl X+, and when you enter, it will take you to a small zone where you have PVP enabled and you can attack and kill other people who are there, but you would get NO skill advances on them, and also win/lose NO exp or loot at deaths. When you die, you get teleported outside.

There should also be a teleporter inside the place that leads you to temple or just anywhere outside the zone, but this teleporter's square MUST be Protection Zone, so it cant be used to run away from a battle.

Maybe if you want it more "advanced" you could make it so to enter the TP room you need to (after passing the lvl door of course, if there is one) pull a lever which will take from you a small amount of money lets say 100~200gp, and that lever would make the TP appear OR just teleport you there right away, and when you are inside and kill a player, you earn his gp entrance fee.

But well, this has been an idea I had since ages ago for personal projects and would love to do it on a server but I dont have enough coding skill to do this whole thing as Id like to, but Im sure your team has that and now that you're going to work on Rook a bit maybe it can be considered :thumbup:

2) Promotion. This one is not so elaborated but its also an idea from a while back.

Maybe there could be an NPC (or a quest?) that could promote your character at a certain lvl, a decent/high one, maybe 70~110 or something like that, and you would need to pay about 10~30k to get this promotion.

What would you promote to and what would be the advantages?
You would promote to a "Rook Guardian" or just "Rookgaardian" or "Rooker" or something like that, I suck at names.

Advantages? Pretty much none. Maybe just a bit faster regeneration and skill advances, but nothing else. This promotion would be more like a "ego-medal" for us, and it would also prohibit us to go to main once we are promoted. Maybe for some extra advantages there could be certain quests with vocation doors that require you to be promoted to enter them, but that one would take a bit more time for making the quests, etc.

Well thats pretty much all I remember so far, Im pretty sure I had some other Rook-stuff going on my mind but if you guys think my ideas are useless and I should shut up and keep dreaming, tell me and I will stop ^_^

Sorry for the hella long post, I like writing but sometimes it gets out of my hands. I hope you enjoy reading :wub:

Cheers~

I like the Ideas about rookgard, even dough i never play rook.
If this would become "reality" then i would maybe start playing there. Guild war in rookgard would pwn xD

You should change the title so that it is clear that you are talking about rook.

Made a thread of your post in the updates thread so it will more noticeable. :)

Thanks Xenios :thumbup:

I was just reading some threads and it came to my attention another thread about PVP in Rook made by Sizaro, maybe he was joking about it I cant really tell lol, but I saw a post of Ilyin answering to someone who said the idea of PVP in Rook sucked, that said this:

He just wants to bot alone in rook, that's the reason.

Im not saying or supposing anything about the botter, but about the botting ;)

Maybe the PVP feature could have 2 sides:

1)
First would be the one from my first post (if it gets implemented).

2)
Having a command for like lvl 60~70+ called !pvpinvite Nameofchar and the respective answer !pvpinvite Nameofchar "yes/no, and this is how it would work:

• If someone says for example !pvpinvite Rookzor and Im online, I will get a message about it (an example of this message is at the end of this list).
  • Again, you would get NO skill advances during this match, nor lose exp/skills/items at death. You will just get logged out.
  • Supposing the player rejects the invitation, the person who made it will receive a message saying it got rejected.
  • You can only make a !pvpinvite every 2-3 minutes or so, regardless the answer of the invited person, to prevent spam.
  • If it gets accepted, you and the other character would get a yellow skull? Or just send a message saying the PVP match started so you can kill eachother. This match would end only when any of the players dies or if any of the 2 of them logs out.
  • The no-loss thing would ONLY be IF the player died from the atk of the other player, but if they are with monsters around and the player gets the last hit from a monster, he will lose stuff normally. This is to prevent abusing this feature.
  • Last, but not least, in fact, the most important feature (which is the one that relates to botting), would be that if you send someone a !pvpinvite and he does NOT answer it for about 5 minutes or so, the PVP match will be accepted automatically. So if you find a botter somewhere you can send him the pvp invitation and of course he wont answer so you can kill him :) And considering you lose nothing at death it would not be harmful for AFKers (supposing you're smart enough to AFK in a place without monsters), but if you're a botter we could get you to black HP and then just trap you with monsters so, beware when botting ;)
  • Its needless to say that these type of matches would be 1 vs 1, unless you'd rather make them possible to have more people in it but then my elaborations dont go that far ^_^ And if more than 1v1 were possible, I think the 1st idea would be useless, the only use would be for the small fee you gain from the loser.

Finally, the message you would get when you get invited should be something like this:

Hello |playername|. You were invited to a PVP match by Nameofchar, do you want to participate in it? To answer, say !pvpinvite Nameofchar yes/no. Remember no items/exp/skills are lost/gained during PVP matches, and if you dont answer the invitation in 5 minutes it will be accepted automatically.
(the "!pvpinvite nameofchar yes/no" thing is because maybe you could have 10 people inviting you to the match, so you need to choose just 1 of them by sayin the name, or if you make it more than 1v1 then the respective nameS of the chars you want to fight)

I think this would prevent botting a little, or at least would be a way to punish them ourselves without the need of a GM being around looking out himself. And could be a tad fun too ;)

Well, thats all from me now, I tried to cover every detail or possible flag it could have but I might have missed something, tell me what you think. I know all this stuff could be complicated to script, but as I said, Im just "throwing ideas", its up to you what you wanna do with them :thumbup:

Cheers~

I'm totally with you, but.. Our little "play" yesterday made me from lvl 94-60 <,< not funny..

can you please stfu about rookgaard pvp, its pointless omg

Omg it's such a non-sense. Rook is there to learn how the game works, nothing more.

Omg it's such a non-sense. Rook is there to learn how the game works, nothing more.

Facts:

1) If Xenios copied my suggestion posts to a SEPARATE thread so it could be more visible, it means they take Rook in consideration for something else, and they dont mind about suggestions.

2) Clearly a person who is playing an OT where you kill about 4 rats and can go to main, MUST know how to play the game or he will be completely lost in main even after passing rook, which as I said, just takes a few kills to be able to leave so it doesnt really teaches you anything.

Considering Rook is easy in this server and wont teach you anything really, if Rook/Rookers were pointless to the admins, they would've removed it since the beginning and just let you login in main. So why is still Rook here? And why did Admins put new zones and spawns in Rook? Because Rookers are also a type of players and Admins care.

3) About PVP in Rook, I didnt make a stupid and "baseless" suggestion like many others just saying "plz pvp in rook on lvl 60 plkx", I made an ellaborated suggestion so if it were to be implemented, it would be OPTIONAL unless the person is botting. If you are SO against this type of PVP, that means either you're a botter or you are just a person who enjoys bashing random ppl's ideas without any valid arguments, just for the sake of it. I guess it makes you happy to do so.

4) I find it kinda funny that you say
Exactly, finally som1 with sense
to Amstaff's post, considering you are Master Rook, the lvl 144+ in Rook (edit: now lvl 139, hmm died by a skeleton.. thats now kinda giving sense to the botting pvp thing you are so determinated to bash :rolleyes:). Why would you waste your time lvling in Rook to that lvl if Rook is only to learn and nothing else? That either means you are a newbie in this game and had to get up to lvl 144 to learn the basics or.. your post was extremely hypocrite.

5) The Admins from this server already said they were working on new stuff for Rook and they were taking suggestions, so Im making my suggestions. If you dont have any valid arguments to bash my ideas, or think a little bit about what you're gonna say before saying it, why bother posting?

Cheers~

Last edited:
Back