• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] Nelvara 10.41 [Custom Map] Start: Friday 26th 8PM CEST

Everybody asks for custom made maps and shit, but noone plays them. It looks good, it really does but I have no intention playing on a server with 9 people online, sorry.

Everybody asks for custom made maps and shit, but noone plays them. It looks good, it really does but I have no intention playing on a server with 9 people online, sorry.

I think this is a big part of where the problem lies, instead of expecting the server to have 300~ on from the start, we have to look at these and expect them to take a long freaking time to grow. The players need to take initiative and encourage people to play here, maybe 1/5 will stay. The thing is eventually we we'll see numbers of 100+ online, then people will start going oh hey... and trying it out and more of those will stick around becuase they don't think the server is dead. We have to grow it as a community, imagine all the people who came in here and thought the same exact thing as you. I'm sure there was atleast 50+, because I was so close to passing it up myself due to the number of people online. Log in and make friends with some people, hit me up, my name is Midnight Proxy, lets be those founders of the community and have a badass server that's still going and expanding years from now.

Last edited:
If you need help, let me know. Will be on later tonight.

Regards,
Cody

Edit:
During the double exp weekend we had 25-30 people on all weekend.. I do think the exp rate deters people but there are so many other ways to gain experience.. It's not just limited to the grind. You can do tasks, quests, and find exp tomes that you can loot from any given monster (gives a random amount of exp that is dependent upon your level).

Ive been playing the server for almost a week now and have only reached level 36 (on a knight), no trainers, 2x exp.. its really slow, and my 2 rls also play, they said it would be much better at even 4 or 5x

EDIT: I think even just activating the 'happy hour' stamina bar would speed things up.. just a little

This server is long dead... abandoned by the staff. I have tried to reach them.. to ask why they abandoned it.
Server had alot of potential, too bad they didn't bother with it anymore =/

This server is long dead... abandoned by the staff. I have tried to reach them.. to ask why they abandoned it.
Server had alot of potential, too bad they didn't bother with it anymore =/

Me and Trollebror were really busy during the last months of the year so we couldn't work on the server as much as we would like to, but we are already back. We collected every feedback you guys sent us and made a to-do list and set some milestones for the server. Don't worry because when you least expect it, Nelvara will be back even better. :)

Last edited:
Me and Trollebror were really busy during the last months of the year so we couldn't work on the server as much as we would like to but we are already back. We collected every feedback you guys sent us and made a to-do list and set some milestones for the server. Don't worry because when you least expect it, Nelvara will be back even better. :)

That's the spirit!
If it is re-released during the summer (July or so) expect me as a player! Golly, I won't be a student any more. :p

Red

The server looks fantastic but I just can't bring myself to play a server still using Cipsofts cliche 4 vocations :/
With the low rate and same vocations, I feel like it's going to be much too similar to RL tib.

Best of luck with the server though, always nice to see a custom OT

Me and Trollebror were really busy during the last months of the year so we couldn't work on the server as much as we would like to, but we are already back. We collected every feedback you guys sent us and made a to-do list and set some milestones for the server. Don't worry because when you least expect it, Nelvara will be back even better. :)

That sounds good and all, but why didn't you at least inform us about this? =/
After you guys... "left" botters took over the server.. I didn't bother playing anymore... No chance in hell to keep up with botting players through normal means.

You should have informed the players, and maybe given GM status to a trusted player so that botters and the like didn't have free reign to do what they want.

I like that you are improving on the server, that is great! The server has alot of potential if enough work is put into it, but at the same time.. I don't think I will return. Though you say that you had alot of stuff to do and such.. you did abandon the server. There was no staff members online for many months, players had problems that wasn't adressed, and we had these insanely powerful players run around and kill everyone. Not fun.

Good luck with the new and improved Nelvara though!

That sounds good and all, but why didn't you at least inform us about this? =/
After you guys... "left" botters took over the server.. I didn't bother playing anymore... No chance in hell to keep up with botting players through normal means.

You should have informed the players, and maybe given GM status to a trusted player so that botters and the like didn't have free reign to do what they want.

I like that you are improving on the server, that is great! The server has alot of potential if enough work is put into it, but at the same time.. I don't think I will return. Though you say that you had alot of stuff to do and such.. you did abandon the server. There was no staff members online for many months, players had problems that wasn't adressed, and we had these insanely powerful players run around and kill everyone. Not fun.

Good luck with the new and improved Nelvara though!

You're right. We should have handled it better, told you guys we would be away for a long time and took better decisions to not let the server die. I'm sorry we disappointed our players at the time and disappointed ourself. ):

We'll use this as experience, learn from it and not let it happen again.

Last edited:
You're right. We should have handled it better, told you guys we would be away for a long time and took better decisions to not let the server die. I'm sorry we disappointed our players at the time and disappointed ourself. ):

We'll use this as experience, learn from it and not let it happen again.

I stayed for a looong time, even when you guys haven't logged in for months..
I was killing all the botters, just wanted a bot free server but the problem was like 90% were botters..

So guys you are planning on a whole new start?

My nickname in game was: Knight Hunter

Cya.

We're already working on most issues that were reported. And we already upgraded to TFS 1.1 :)

Will this be applied as patches to the current server, or will you start over?