• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] Synthesia | (9.86) * RPGish low-rate * Fully custom map *

Muzzy

Reaction score
rgzf9s.jpg

Greetings! I've been working on this project furiously for about 3 weeks, and I've come a decent way. I've worked tirelessly to get spells just right and incorporate interesting scripts(not mine, even calling me a bad scripter would be complimenting me)which various generous OTland peeps have helped me with to lift the game feel a bit. As you can read from the title I'm planning on hosting an RPGish low experience rated custom map(made completely by me). My motto is "no mob left behind" as in I will aim to have a map filled to the brim with varying monsters and interesting, detailed spawns that won't make you fall asleep while hunting in them.

It might also be important to include that you start with nearly nothing. You begin at level 1 in a custom Rookgaard with a rapier, a torch, a jacket, a wooden shield and a banana and fight your way up.

I try to keep monster spawns some-what realistically hybrid, and not one single mob covering an entire area. Some boxes throughout the world carry useful items that will help you on your journey, making opening random chests/crates a good idea. Examples of this is crates with food, a slightly stronger weapon(nothing absurd, take my word for it), keys to open rooms with a mailbox in them far away from town and more. I want to reward curious people who go out of their way to search for goods as well as make it a realistic scenario.

To give you an idea on how much I have left to work, the map is currently 8mb. So it's not very fitting for a full host yet, eh? However I do consider it to be very close to beta-ready. I will update this post as soon as I have a set date, and I do believe I'll have one in at most a couple days. I don't want to set a false deadline hoping nothing pops up in between that disappoints interested players.

The beta will be partly naturally to check out bugs, but also to measure the spawnrate which I fear is over the top. I do dislike the idea of rushing through a spawn not caring about a thing, and I do like when people work together to best obstacles, I'm just afraid I went too far.

If you've come this far I commend and thank you, will update this post as soon as I got new information!

Most pictures are out-dated and the areas have all been updated.

2zyvn61.png

If you want to use the OTClient I'll include, feel free to do so. I haven't altered that much, but I have bigger plans for it in the future. Nothing will stop you from using the normal client, though.
2aiq7tk.png

Troll mountains.
e9vz9s.png

Dwarven mountain pass.
ejgbaq.png

Outlaws.
2rwopxs.jpg

Brynhildr, inspired by what I believe to be amazon mythology.
2irmdkx.jpg

The village, hopefully the ground tiles are appealing to the eye.
25zoup1.jpg

One of the new mobs, not custom sprited.
qsa03k.jpg

Elf forest, hopefully suiting the elven theme.
555rvk.jpg

Part 1 of the graveyard, again hoping it suits the theme.
2pynyoj.jpg

Part 2.
344e7va.jpg

33ot7x3.jpg

24pvtj5.jpg

One of several story quests.
jrzfhs.png

Spider cave.
25q6iwx.jpg

Jamal, the wyvern. Also inspired by mythology.
2gt3ps7.jpg

Elf Beastmaster, currently no custom skin for it. I'm going to finish all the skins as soon as I feel the map's ready for testing. *Worth noting, he summons a maximum of two partners. Tiger, bear or lion. The third tiger is a normal spawn.*
hturno.jpg

Soul Drainer, once again no custom sprite yet. Hope you can forgive me for this.
2eusfo7.jpg

Random bridge, a little too big to take a picture of in-game, so I hope this is good enough.
ht5g69.jpg

Dwarven mountains. I've tried to make it LotR hobbit style, hopefully you can see that!
2rrm349.jpg

Dworcs~
2zi7fnk.jpg

Part of the outlaw band.

Another thing worth noting is that this is nowhere near all my ideas for new mobs nor is it all the hunting spots of my map, I tend to make my spawns rather large so people have a lot to explore. All the custom mobs function the way I want them to; strengths, weaknesses, abilities, loot, exp, HP, etc. It's only their skin that isn't finalized.

Rates might be as follows:

Level: 1-8 | 5x
Level 9-20 | 4x
Level 20-30 | 3x
Level 30-40 | 2x
Level 40 and up | 1.5x

Skillrates:

Weapon | 2.5x
Magic | 2.5x

Regeneration and lootrate will be the same as on real tibia.

OTSERVLIST LINK
Open Tibia Server - Synthesia 9.86

OTLoader advertise link
Open Tibia Server - TibiaLoader

~Muzzy

Attachments

Last edited:
Go! Im hope its next nice rpg server and really rpg not 50ms in 1 day pg on dl with sd ;-) good luck

I like custom map, rpg and custom monsters, what about custom spells/items?

Since its low rate...and say you would delete bot. It could be a good idea to actually release the server and grow it as people play it. So from nearly scratch,you would get feedback from dozens of people and grow according to your taste while alwais having some people to give feedback and criticism as to what need a change or what would make the server better. This is just a thought. You know like i played tibia on 7.0 and from update to update it grow and grow and i feel like there was alwais something to discover after a while. Looks good so far and would be more then happy to give it a try when your ready to launch it.

edit: Zasranet got a point,the more custom thing there is,there more interesting it can get. But it might get rough to balance things out in the long run.

those pictures are so small :eek: try uploading them on a site like tinypic, imgur and using the image brackets so we can actually see something on them...

But always good to see a costum server come to life, good luck

nah hehemidu, they are small because he/she don't use
tags

Go! Im hope its next nice rpg server and really rpg not 50ms in 1 day pg on dl with sd ;-) good luck

Yes, this is precisely what I want! I would put it even at 1x rates if the players want it, I want level 100 to be a real achievement.

I like custom map, rpg and custom monsters, what about custom spells/items?

I intend to include custom spells and items while keeping the good old vocations to avoid confusion. I want people to always have some goal to look forward to while leveling. I am trying to learn to sprite, but sadly I'm a horrible spriter, which is proved by my first work: 6.png

However, I'll practice.

Since its low rate...and say you would delete bot. It could be a good idea to actually release the server and grow it as people play it. So from nearly scratch,you would get feedback from dozens of people and grow according to your taste while alwais having some people to give feedback and criticism as to what need a change or what would make the server better. This is just a thought. You know like i played tibia on 7.0 and from update to update it grow and grow and i feel like there was alwais something to discover after a while. Looks good so far and would be more then happy to give it a try when your ready to launch it.

edit: Zasranet got a point,the more custom thing there is,there more interesting it can get. But it might get rough to balance things out in the long run.

Yeah, I do want to release it right now, but I still have some key spawns to deposit in the world before I feel it's beta-ready. This includes dragons among others, so you probably understand it's rather important.

those pictures are so small :eek: try uploading them on a site like tinypic, imgur and using the image brackets so we can actually see something on them...

But always good to see a costum server come to life, good luck

I'll do that right now, thanks for the heads up.

Looks pretty interesting :) If you would need help with the mapping to speed it up a bit, gimme a PM. I have some finished pieces (mostly cities) that you could use as well, as I most likely never will use them for something like this ^^

Looks pretty interesting :) If you would need help with the mapping to speed it up a bit, gimme a PM. I have some finished pieces (mostly cities) that you could use as well, as I most likely never will use them for something like this ^^

Thanks for the offer, but I have lots of ideas I still want to incorporate before I'm dry. I might give you a call then. :)

Hope u add some tasks like rl tibia so we can go exp at 8lv with rotworm task and kill other boss than this one on screen and loot knight axe/wyvern fang or plate set ;-)

Hope u add some tasks like rl tibia so we can go exp at 8lv with rotworm task and kill other boss than this one on screen and loot knight axe/wyvern fang or plate set ;-)

Yes and no! I will definitely include a lot of tasks with tempting rewards, but a rotworm task will not be rewarded with something as strong as a knight axe. I'll find suitable rewards for all hunts!

- - - Updated - - -

Adding wild warrior/bandit etc spawns, then going to expand the graveyard underground part a bit and then I feel the server is beta-test ready!

Updated the main post.

Last edited:
For me it will be great:
Exp : 1-3x
Skills: x3
Magic: x5
Rengen: bigger and faster then real tibia (but not too big..)

For me it will be great:
Exp : 1-3x
Skills: x3
Magic: x5
Rengen: bigger and faster then real tibia (but not too big..)

If I were to raise magic to x5 and mana regen to say x3, that'd make it 15x easier to advance magic levels compared to real tibia(counting out mana potions).

Skills would have to be at least 15x to compensate for that. Hence I must keep them the same. So I'm planning on keeping everything either on x1 or x2.

I want training to be actually needed.

Last edited:
Is this the release or there will be a wipe? Im on my 2 weeks off vacation break so dont wanna waste them on something thaty will get delete in a few?

Is this the release or there will be a wipe? Im on my 2 weeks off vacation break so dont wanna waste them on something thaty will get delete in a few?

Oh, I'm sorry, but it'll be wiped afterwards. I'm going to have the exp rate fairly high during beta, just to get people to try different spawns and measure if it's possible to fight the monsters without needing an entire party.

So to soothe you, the beta won't last for very long and the official release will be right after the beta has finished. It's not like it's an entirely new game which needs months of preparation between the beta and the official release. I just need to check some things out. :)

And how do we connect to the game? or did i miss the ip or client link?

Oh, it's not ready yet. I'm finishing the very last spawn before opening it up for a test. I'm working tirelessly every single day to get it as good as possible.

Updated the post. After a lot of blood, sweat and tears I feel it's ready for testing, I need to get some feedback before I go too far on this.

Last edited: