• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The project thus far!

Raging Epidemic

Reaction score
I know you all have been waiting in angst for our release of Raging Epidemic OT, and we thank you for being so devoted:thumbup:. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find someone that was willing to begin working on a project right now, so we decided to give the mapping a shot of our own. Well, I won't say my opinion because it would obviously be biased, but here's the first update of many more to come! Now, keep in mind this is our FIRST EVER experience with mapping.

These pics are of the beginners island. We haven't really decided on a name yet, so post some suggestions and we might just use it! Here's an overview and the minimap:

v5wfg8.jpg

15dk3k.jpg

That building on the bottom is the temple. Here's a closeup:

2nhqjdh.jpg

To the right is an abanadoned house. There will be more coming up throughout the town, some of them may even have some quest rewards! ;)

23sbrkn.jpg

That big square in the middle WAS the town square, but because of events affecting the storyline it became polluted and killed everyone in the town... except yourself of course.

21dkky0.jpg

And the building on the left is just a general store thats going to be a quest.

oa7yte.jpg

Thats all the pics we have for now, but next week we hope to have a LOT more to show you. We will definitely be working on the spawns next. Post some thoughts please, and keep checking back often, as you never know when we will be updating random server pics or info.

I recommend you to take some tutorials dude. The city is empty and the shape is squary. After checking out the tutorials I hope you can improve and show more maps. :thumbup:

I recommend you to take some tutorials dude. The city is empty and the shape is squary. After checking out the tutorials I hope you can improve and show more maps. :thumbup:

As I said, its not even close to being done. AND this is my first mapping project EVER! I already said that more abandoned buildings, quests, shops, etc. will be added.

you aso need to keep in mind that

a) this is an RPG server. and
b) this is just the city for the equivalent of Rook, and this city has a lot better dimensions than Rook does. I am getting started on the tutorials now and if I decide that yes, my stuff is "too square" then it will change, but so far we have 3 buildings of at least 10 we are looking to build, the overview is from 4 floors up, AND we haven't even put in the scenery. It just got started today because we had a problem with the scripter we hired and got a bit discouraged from releasing the ot altogether. But now that I am out of college and have nothing better to do, I decided to try and work on this. BTW in ancient times, ALL buildings were square, which is why Rome is such an architecturally awesome city, because they were the first to develop buildings that challenged the norm and made it work. This is what we are planning on doing, but as I have said twice now, it's no where near complete.

Stop giving excuses man.. I'm being way too generous with my comments here trying to help. When I meant your map is squary, I was talking about the shape, not the buildings. Try comparing your work with others' so you get the idea of how you want your city to look. :peace:

Honestly, is a big shit...
And the map isn't a shit, is the mapper the big shit, you dont accept some helps of other users...

No excuses. You map like a 3 year old.

Don't let our dickishness get to you, though. Keep practicing and by the time your 67 you'll get it. Maybe you can sell the map for 10$ towards your retirement fund, at that point.

wouldn't even consider calling it a project dude :/ no offense meant but this is crap :s

Kaorus, vete a la verga si no puedes decir algo inteligente, pinche weon.

for those whose who can't read spanish, get lost if you don't have anything nice to say. ( cept for you Dark, ur naturally an ass =* [in a good way ^.-] )

OnTopic; Raging, i agree with Bardock completely, you should seriously read up some tutorials. aside from that, you should start mapping by getting a base shape of the island/continent first. That way you can work on to it. its easier to get base ideas and outlines that way =P
if you want, i could make you a shape~ just let me know

wow... with the exception of 2 people no one has really helped me out. Nice to know that instead of trying to help someone get better you just like to boost your post counts. Ok, I get you guys don't like the map. It's nothing special because, well, its rook. who honestly spends their time in Rook? and this is just to show people that we are at least making an attempt. If you guys think you could do a better job, message me to help us get started on getting this project mapped so it can go on to the scripters.

Well they tried to help you but you just came out with excuses, and you are still doing it!

You say: "well, its rook. who honestly spends their time in rook?" another excuse.

We don't care your opinions on how people spend their time in rook, we care about your mapping style. You need to improve yourself with tutorials and stop making excuses and stop ignoring people that tries to help you!

Ill sum up what bardock was really saying yet he was trying to be nice.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT.. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO START.

I'm a heartless bastard, but it needed to be said.

Well they tried to help you but you just came out with excuses, and you are still doing it!

You say: "well, its rook. who honestly spends their time in rook?" another excuse.

We don't care your opinions on how people spend their time in rook, we care about your mapping style. You need to improve yourself with tutorials and stop making excuses and stop ignoring people that tries to help you!

no, I already said that I was reading the tutorials now and am going to change it. I'm not ignoring them, which is why a) I'M READING THE TUTORIALS! and b) I gave them credit for helping me in the post you quoted.

Back