• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

To all oldschool players

Original

Swag
Reaction score
I'm assuming that if you are like me, you would INSTANTLY play an oldschool server hosted by Cipsoft, right?

We oldschool players had a thread requesting a "retro" server to be added but Cipsoft denied it, and then made this post...
Proposal of retro server denied

As much as it would be wonderful if Cipsoft would create such a server, it's pretty clear they will not.

So I ask all of you, why don't we all just play ONE SERVER?

Why scatter the community through 15+ servers when we could all flock to ONE REAL SERVER?

I'm sure all of you have seen this thread
question-all-7-72-real-cipsoft-files

Well, it just so happens that an oldschool hoster with probably the best hosting reputation is hosting the...

REAL 7.7 CIPSOFT FILES
With.....
3x EXP
2x Skills
2x Magic

For more information, visit RealOTS-What happened?
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So now I ask, why wait and wait for a "retro" server hosted by Cipsoft, when it may NEVER come when we ALREADY have their server from 2006 7.7 era coming online soon?

Hosted by THE BEST oldschool server hoster we have ever had?

Why don't we all just play one server and re-create the old times FOR REAL?
what better server for us all to go to, than Cipsoft's server itself?

CM Mirade said:
Retro Server, and other retro or nostalgic threads

* We do not plan to set up and maintain a retro server for several reasons. For example, it would be extremely time consuming and too complex. There are many different ideas on how a "retro server" should be. Just have a look at all the posts in the threads dealing with this topic. It is quite hard to find a common ground as some players would prefer client version 7.6, others 7.3 or 7.2., some would like to have the old client but with parts of the new content, technical improvements (e.g. performance optimisation, rule reporting improvements, security improvements) and so on. However, some of the new content would not work with an old client, or at least it would be an immense extra effort to make it work with an old version. Without any new content, though, many players would probably get bored sooner or later.

That's how old school servers lost alot of players!
Me, you and all of us knows exactly where to go, where to hunt, where is the quests,where to make wars.
Sooner or later, they will get bored.

Agreed with CM Mirade, I know the Tibia old golden days was freak, but CipSoft is right!

We will never go back at that time!
At this time, you showed your true skills, without the use of hotkeys, only your hand, mouse and keyboard.

Who never was afraid to kill your first Dragon at that time?
Who ever was trembling with nervousness in a War or when a PK attacked you?
Who ever wished to be level 100 to join your team and make the Annihilator Quest?

That's Tibia Golden Days!

In my opinion,
We are split in so much servers, because everyone prefers another exp stage and has here and there shit to complain about.

There should be only :
1 Realmap OT 8.6
1Oldschool real map server
1 custom map ot
1 evo serv

-----
And we would have bigger communities again .
I, for sure will play RealOts
But I think it wasnt a good idea making it possible for everyone to have an own ot,
I alrdy explained that above ^^

We will never go back at that time!
At this time, you showed your true skills, without the use of hotkeys, only your hand, mouse and keyboard.

Who never was afraid to kill your first Dragon at that time?
Who ever was trembling with nervousness in a War or when a PK attacked you?
Who ever wished to be level 100 to join your team and make the Annihilator Quest?

That's Tibia Golden Days!
RealOTS can easily make all this a reality, hope you know that.

- - - Updated - - -

In my opinion,
We are split in so much servers, because everyone prefers another exp stage and has here and there shit to complain about.

There should be only :
1 Realmap OT 8.6
1Oldschool real map server
1 custom map ot
1 evo serv

-----
And we would have bigger communities again .
I, for sure will play RealOts
But I think it wasnt a good idea making it possible for everyone to have an own ot,
I alrdy explained that above ^^
Agreed 100%, should have a few "REAL" servers and then a few servers people host for fun, if that makes sense.

I'm a big fan of the Tibia, today I have 20 years, started in version 7.1, over the years, saw the Tibia getting worse and losing many players.

I am not here to advertise my server, but take a look at the link below, and please read everything, which in my opinion, was something that CipSoft herself should do.

Link: http://www.nottinghster.xpg.com.br/Server Info-eng.html

I'm a big fan of the Tibia, today I have 20 years, started in version 7.1, over the years, saw the Tibia getting worse and losing many players.

I am not here to advertise my server, but take a look at the link below, and please read everything, which in my opinion, was something that CipSoft herself should do.

Link: http://www.nottinghster.xpg.com.br/Server Info-eng.html
Your server doesn't do it for me, it feels just like 8.0+..

Would be cool if it had all oldschool graphics, but it isn't possible. I've played a few 8.6 servers like Underwar.org etc which use oldschool formulas I don't see the difference between yours and theirs tbh.

Dude, I know RealOTs was a great server, but if the server was using CipSoft hacked files, why they has alot of bugs posted in their forum ?

Don't know if Valhalla was RealOTS too, but using custom 7.4 sprites!
They have alot of bugs posted in their forum!

Dude, I know RealOTs was a great server, but if the server was using CipSoft hacked files, why they has alot of bugs posted in their forum ?

Don't know if Valhalla was RealOTS too, but using custom 7.4 sprites!
They have alot of bugs posted in their forum!
There is no bugs in RealOTS lmfao it is exactly how Tibia was in 7.7

Your server doesn't do it for me, it feels just like 8.0+..

Would be cool if it had all oldschool graphics, but it isn't possible. I've played a few 8.6 servers like Underwar.org etc which use oldschool formulas I don't see the difference between yours and theirs tbh.

Well, UnderWar is everything based in 8.6 version (NPCs, gameplay and other things)
My Server is everything based in 7.4/7.7 version (NPCs, gameplay, costs, damages)

As CM Mirade said:
CM Mirade][B]Without any new content said:
- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

But Valhalla.otserv.co was RealOTS, only using custom 7.4 sprites, and I remember alot of bugs posted!

Yup, valhalla had bugs BECAUSE lets see your ass try to downgrade the REAL CIPSOFT 7.7 engine to look like 7.4, you think thats easy with no sources? Dennis had to hex edit the shit out of cipsofts engine to do so.
But, if he leaves it as 7.7 there is absolutely no bugs and it runs exactly how it did in 2006.

Over the years, CipSoft with your updates, was getting worse, but it is clear that many of these updates were excellent, as the map updates (several new details embellishing the map, more places to hunt, more quests), new spells, new monsters and new mysteries.
This is an opinion, many do not agree.
Well, UnderWar is everything based in 8.6 version (NPCs, gameplay and other things)
My Server is everything based in 7.4/7.7 version (NPCs, gameplay, costs, damages)
I prefer 8.6 NPCs over 7.7 NPC's to be honest, the damages were pretty close to 7.7 aswell.
What I decided to do, is nothing more than bring the best Tibia updates to my server
oh yeah? Must explain why you took the new 8.6 outfits, explosion sprites, and many more things that completely make me think its an 8.6 server and put it into your "7.7" server.

Realots had no bugs as far as the engine and map goes. Because it IS CIP's Tibia. There were bugs with the realots website and houses, because Dennis was lazy in making the website on the last and latest Realots. But I know for a fact that the spawns, map, server, everything is the exact same as Real Tibia, because it was leaked way back when. Dennis was one of the lucky few to obtain everything :). The monster spawn rates are even based on players online just like on real tibia. Every sqm of the map is the same. You can actually take map files from 7.7 real tibia and copy them into realots folder and they will fill your maps. :)

And real tibia is 100% bugfree?

People gets scattered around on different servers because they prefer different client version and/or different stages. Most people doesn't wanna start an open tibia lowrate due to the fact it's not REAL tibia. Even though i am fairly sure realots will stay up for a long time it is in no way to compare to a real tibia server, more stable and will surely not shut down.

Realots could be as successfull but it will just have the same players that's been playing oldschool ots for the past years, there's almost never anybody new joining this community, realots cant be compared to a real tibia oldschool server, it might be the correct files and all but a cipsoft hosted server would obviously attract a lot more players, players that might never even have played in the oldern days but wanna start a new server. Will most likely never happen but you cant compare the 2, also realots has a lot of custom items and stuff that i am positive about, but a lot of people are NOT so saying it's exactly how real tibia was back then is false.

Realots cant create a replica of the golden days. We've already been through everything about oldschool tibia too many times to get nervous when slaying your first dragon, or getting nervous or panicking when being attacked by a player killer. Even wars we have played through too much to get nervous and shaky before and during a battle. I wish it could but it doesn't at least not for me.

@up. Maybe you are right, but Realots is as close as you can get! That server can at least replicate how the spawns feel, how pvp feels, etc. exactly like Real CIP oldschool did. It may not have 800 players online, but if it hits 200+ it will deff be the best oldschool server, and in my opinion the best ot period to play on.

And when Origional says "no bugs" I think he means no bugs compared to CIP's 7.7. Of course Real Tibia and every other game every made for that matter isn't 100% bug free. Whats your fucking point? lol

Cmmmooon why couldn't the files have been leaked a few versions earlier gAAhhhhhhhhrrGGGGH

As much as I loved UH traps and Boat traps... they kind of ruin the game. I still think that 7.7 is the more perfect version. I almost wish 7.8 was leaked even more.

There really is no bugs on RealOTS though.. [when compared to real tibia 7.7 =P]

But the reason war etc gets boring for me atleast on like tibianic-hr for example is because who cares if i die, because I can get things back so easily.

I agree with what you're saying to a certain extent, Original. Instead of wasting time and energy begging CipSoft to make a server, the community (OtLand) should take initiative and create one ourselves.

@Nottinghster, For someone who claims to be deeply invested in creating a decent old school server, you sure do waste a lot of time arguing with people on OtLand. Tip: Use your time more wisely. ^_^

Original said:
Yup, valhalla had bugs BECAUSE lets see your ass try to downgrade the REAL CIPSOFT 7.7 engine to look like 7.4, you think thats easy with no sources? Dennis had to hex edit the shit out of cipsofts engine to do so.
But, if he leaves it as 7.7 there is absolutely no bugs and it runs exactly how it did in 2006.

Dude, that's not downgrade the map, images or hex edit, just replace the sprites.

@J.Dre

Thank you for the tip!

Back