• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What do players want these days?

froy

Solutions
Reaction score
Maybe I'm not a celebrity in this area / community. But I have always thought that this is something very fun to put my time in.
I accidentally got caught in the map making in Open Tibia Servers.
The question that I put to myself all the time, what do the players really want?

Do you think there is any interest in a greater player-base to play on a custom-made map? Play, solve, and explore a new content, or would the community rather play the way it's usally played? To reach high levels so that they can prepare their war backpacks. All in the dream of "owning" a server and it's economy.

Why I'm asking this is, cause I'd love to be a part of a great community and server and contibrute with a server somehow that "pleases the audience".

If we browse through "otservlist.org" it's safe to say that the biggest part of the open tibia server community, wants to play the cipsoft map, but then again, why are they not playing cipsofts own game?

Give me some thoughts, and tell me what kind of server you'd like to play if you were to be playing a server.

players want to solve quest puzzles. like have to find a hidden hole then must find the prisoner to tell you how to get the key to unlock the treasure chest. things like this.

the longer the quest the better at higher levels. everyone wants the story to continue when u finish everything there is no need to play anymore.

I would suggest you simply make the game YOU would like to play.

What do you want? What do you think would be fun? Can you make a game YOU would play?

If you make a game that YOU want to play, most likely other people would want to play it too.

As flatlander stated.
Don't worry about appeasing other people.
Don't change your plans based on popular opinion, unless that is the way you plan to base your game around.
Make your game the way you yourself want it to be.
If you find your game enjoyable, other like-minded people will enjoy it as well.
Nobody knows what they truly want, and in the event that they do know what they want, that person will either play or not play your server. You tell them what you have, and if they have any curiosity on how it continues, they will research the game by asking about it, or they will play the game.. and learn the game through in-game experience.

There is no secret to creating a game or server.
Just create something you yourself would enjoy playing.

Back