• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What staff is needed to maintain a sucessful OT?

simson361

The Grim Reaper
Reaction score
hello, im going to make an OT, iv had several and none of them was too sucessful becuse i was running them myself, now i have a budget.
what staff is needed for example: Host, Mapper, LUA scripter, website, etc...
the server will be a 8.6 (iv got a fully working 8.6 just as it was in the orignal tibia game, server is from back in 2008 but is not longer availebul, and iv never found a better/more complete base server. altho i will mod it a little bit sutch as exp rates, skill rates etc, some minor donate items)

and secondly, what dose people like in 8.6~ server's what wold people like to see in a 8.6?

If you want a lot of people to play your server, you have to sell it like any other product.
  1. Your server must offer something other servers do not. (Give players a reason to choose your server)
  2. Your server needs a good connection. The only real way to do this, is to pay for dedicated hosting with DDOS protection.
  3. You need to be able to provide regular updates to keep veteran players interested over long periods of time.
That's it. As long as you have those 3 things, your server will be successful.

If you want a lot of people to play your server, you have to sell it like any other product.
  1. Your server must offer something other servers do not. (Give players a reason to choose your server)
  2. Your server needs a good connection. The only real way to do this, is to pay for dedicated hosting with DDOS protection.
  3. You need to be able to provide regular updates to keep veteran players interested over long periods of time.
That's it. As long as you have those 3 things, your server will be successful.
1 something i know people appreciate is free donate at sertain levels etc, and i will not force donations as other servers do, it will be more like a option to support the server
2 Dedicated hosting with DDOS prot is given, altho i need to find a good host (any idea how much this cost?)
3 yeah i am kinda looking for staff/ a team to create a server with some cool feauters altho i do not know what i need to essamble a team, i need scripters and mappers (what else?)
and thanks for replaying gave me something to think about :) // sorry for my english i know my grammer isn't the best

Last edited:
Dont have staff like on Deathzot, i heard they mute people in game chat for "lols". Bunch of twats.
HAHA! WHAT they mute people for lols! nah man im pretty sure it wold make the community toxic and made lots of people quit

HAHA! WHAT they mute people for lols! nah man im pretty sure it wold make the community toxic and made lots of people quit
i got muted at one point, pmed the tutor and argued with him, he told me to "grow up" and said he did it for "lols" the staff on it are kids, the admins are close to it and they need to hire more professional staff if they want a good community.

i got muted at one point, pmed the tutor and argued with him, he told me to "grow up" and said he did it for "lols" the staff on it are kids, the admins are close to it and they need to hire more professional staff if they want a good community.
i would mute you for "lols". I just can't be bothered to make script for muting.

Back