• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Which server is best for you?

Which would you rather play?

• Custom RPG Server

Votes: 23 59.0%
  • Real Map

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Evolutions

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Baiak

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yurots

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

ZeeBeast

Preferable Beta Tester
Reaction score
So honestly here. I am just doing a test to see which kind of OT would get me the most players if I had intended to make a very serious server.
In my opinion I would think most people would like an RPG server with a great storyline, many quests, and a lot of custom monsters.. BUT.. Judging by my experiences here on OtLand and on OTs, it always seems RPG servers shut down after a short amount of time. That being said, real map server usually have a lot of players online.
So just for fun. Give me your opinion on what you think. Comment what you feel.

Last edited:
Actually doesn't matter the game style.
The real deal is to create a community, gather fans, talk to them, create new features based on the fans feedback, always improve your server, fix bugs...
A lot of hard work is needed to create a server, but your focus should aways be on your fans (not consumers), and also you need to stay up to date on the trends.
You can create a server based on Tibia real map, but you need to look what really makes the difference, i.e. better exp ratings, a balanced game where new players should be comfortable to start the game, a bot detection system, things that the original Tibia lacks to provide.
If you want to create a custom RPG, look out for new sprites, a really engaging story, npcs that really matter for the plot.

It's all up to you my friend, doesn't matter the style, all that's matter is your work.

I like both a real (updated) tibia map and the rpg server.

Realmap (updated) with decent rates is fun to play with friends and if the rates are decent, you can play it without botting. Unlike real tibia (& shadowcores) where you have to bot all day cuz exping becomes boring. And ofc most realmaps are popular, which means u don't walk on a dead world.

A rpg server is still my most favorite server if it's done well. Don't bother with making an extreme makeover (mining, alchemy, weird spells, etc etc - I still am here to play tibia, not wow or tera). Ppl should focus on creating a nice custom map with nice (pgish) respawns, interesting boss fights, and challenging quests. At most make like 2 custom spells for each voc, if you rlly wanna make some new spells.

Also it's not bad to use a few real tibia towns/areas in a custom map cuz ppl will have something they know and the non-explorers won't get annoyed cuz they don't have to search for stuff and npcs.

I think there are a lot of teams who take creating an ot to the extreme and change everything, yeah guess why they have only 10 active players and die out in a week.

Back