• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Would you play on bots-free server?

xinn

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
As we all know most of Tibia players uses bots to play or hunt and gain experience. I got a question to Open Tibia players: would you play on a server, where using bot-like applications would be automatically blocked and you would be 100% sure that all players plays/fights without such software? Do you think that such RPG-based server would have a chance nowadays?

As we all know most of Tibia players uses bots to play or hunt and gain experience. I got a question to Open Tibia players: would you play on a server, where using bot-like applications would be automatically blocked and you would be 100% sure that all players plays/fights without such software? Do you think that such RPG-based server would have a chance nowadays?

Not with vanilla settings such as 1x xp and skills etc. No one has time for that

I never have and never will bot, I personally hate any type of botting regardless of what it's used for and have no respect for anyone who does. But you have to face it, most of the community bots whether they admit it or not. I've realized that botting has become a part of tibia which is why I'm slowly starting to lose interest in playing anymore. I just never understood why people botted, it is because they are lazy or wanna be better than others? if you wanna play the game then play the game why bot and ruin all the fun of doing it yourself and create an unfair advantage to others. I mean you can try making a bot free server but I'm not sure how many people will play and you need to know that there will always be a way to bot people will just keep making new programs.

I am creating one. It definitely have chance but you have to do your best and don't care about comments like "only fast exp". "only real map", "your idea sucks'. Just try your best and give it all of yourself.

@see this man down ? Just like that. Ignore him. As long as you find way to attract and find players, this long you don't have to worry about shit like this.

Last edited:
It is just to get it, tibia is dying. We all know it, sadly enough.

The old tibia will never come back. We can just go on with the memories :)
Well, get out and do something usefull. Because tibia is not an idea any more

The greatest inventions is always hated, then created. And Then people go " Why didnt i think of this?"

:)

If I still frequently played servers I'm sure I would. But a big part of it is about content as well.
Red

If I still frequently played servers I'm sure I would. But a big part of it is about content as well.
Red

Well said, and a setiment I agree with. I haven't botted in over 2 years, and have little interest in botting. However, I don't stick to servers where traveling or combat is a pain.

well, we made small test at telania.net, and we are giving players, who plays without bot a 40% experience bonus. Over 10% players decided to download our bot-free application and play without a bot :)
For some of them application didn't work but still this number is not bad (it's over 100 players).

I guess maybe 1 day we will decide to create a niche non-bot server :)

I remember back in the days where there was a CTF server (run by blackknight), it had auto-botdetection.
This thing was so flawed and so bad that it truly affected the fair players because they had to download a software that checks your active programs.
If you force everyone to use some kind of software to play your game, you're going to have a bad time.
Just keep that in mind, for whoever does something like this.

I remember back in the days where there was a CTF server (run by blackknight), it had auto-botdetection.
This thing was so flawed and so bad that it truly affected the fair players because they had to download a software that checks your active programs.
If you force everyone to use some kind of software to play your game, you're going to have a bad time.
Just keep that in mind, for whoever does something like this.

I think the application xinn refers to is a new version of their custom client that no bot is compatible with.

I Can play without bot only in ot type shadowcores, why?
good exp stage and no 1 lvl per 1h
but i need only Light Hack :<.

I Can play without bot only in ot type shadowcores, why?
good exp stage and no 1 lvl per 1h
but i need only Light Hack :<.

It already has "light hack" in the client, am I right? (ambient light).

You're wrong, not 100% of us bot because I do not own any type of bot or macro. I always have and do play manual and the reason I've started to play less and less tibia is because botters are everywhere, no matter what kind of system you come up with there will always be people using some kind of software. Every server has botters, it's almost near impossible to play a server with them and it really disappoints me because they get a very big advantage over people who don't bot. Even if you somehow create a server where using software isn't possible I'm sure you wouldn't get a lot of players because most of the tibia community depends on bots when playing and it's quite sad. I for one would love a server without any kind of software usage but I'm not sure if the rest of the community would.

How exactly would that be achieved? :S
If it was possible (which it ain't really...), it would be nice. I wouldn't really care about RPG though, more about doing pvp without hotkeys and all that, those times were awesome.

guy's, what about Kingdom Age thats commin up? almost everything is custom, i think its kinda hard to bot with an unique attribute system etc 0.o

Back