• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

7.4 | Alternative OpenTibia Server

Bumping the thread with a mapping screenshot as promised :)

91ea9h.png

Hope you enjoy :D

Nice! Looks lovely for a 7.4 mapping! Is this part of Rookivillie? As I think it would suite it (if it already isn't).

Yes, this is part of Rookiville :) this part will be extended tomorrow with underground caves - Amoaz should have finished the caves already and I will merge them tomorrow ;)

Caves done;

Spider Cave -1

Spider Cave -2

Spider Cave -3

Troll cave -1

Troll cave -2

All looks awesome. But I'd advice you guys not to focus on rook TOO much. Plus you should make an island of destiny. I know on tibia 7.4 it didn't exist, but still; It is a very good touch and makes things more professional. Tibia was not close to perfect in 7.4, and you shouldn't just leave it as 7.4, maybe not custom like realOTS, but since this also is a custom map, it shouldn't be all -rl tibia, but yet still a hard old school gameplay!

I like this, i agree with Evull though don't focus on rook too much, most people will want out of rook as soon as possible & it isn't because rook is boring it's more because tibia is boring without being a vocation, don't think anyone wants to be a Knight for more than 1hour xD nah i kiiiid i kiiiid.

I like this, i agree with Evull though don't focus on rook too much, most people will want out of rook as soon as possible & it isn't because rook is boring it's more because tibia is boring without being a vocation, don't think anyone wants to be a Knight for more than 1hour xD nah i kiiiid i kiiiid.

People that prefer staying in Rookiville are able to get a 'vocation' aswell ;) - receiving mana won't be in vain either.

People that prefer staying in Rookiville are able to get a 'vocation' aswell ;) - receiving mana won't be in vain either.

Rookguardians! protectors and saviors of the not so mighty island, where there is only us that want to stay, and all rush to leave! In service of no one, & rather boring for anyone who wants to do something with there characters.
We are, the Rookguardians! :$

Still, perhaps excite us with the "main" part that most of us will be enjoying, then add to rook for the ones that wish it? :p
You seem to be doing quiet well so far i'd love to see what you have install for main, even though the server may be some time yet, it's always nice to see more of the "imo" better things.

No - my main objective is to create an RPG server and I believe such an island like Rookiville should be there at the beginning. However, as this is a discussion thread I'd love to hear everyones opinion about this :)

No - my main objective is to create an RPG server and I believe such an island like Rookiville should be there at the beginning. However, as this is a discussion thread I'd love to hear everyones opinion about this :)

Fair enough, though rook "Rook/Rookie = Beginner" rookgaards main purpose was to let people learn tibia at a pace of there own without dying/being bothered by other players, did you know rook never existed back in the day?

Most people on OTs know how to play tibia, this is why alot of people don't like rook, there is no purpose too it (People may actually argue this point, because everyones purspective on RPG is different, no matter how wrong there purspective is, eg "Alot of people think woodcutting, is an RPG additive") & there is nothing remotely "RPG" about it, if you think about what it was actually ment for.

I'll stop trying to pursade you now anyway, you obviously have some sort of attachment to rook yourself so i'll let you have at it, i just wanted a perspective of what your main will look like, citys etc as i have a feeling you haven't started these yet, so i was trying to move you onto it, as rook has no significance to me exept for getting people killed by minotaurs in mino hell :p

Niice!! x)
Keep updating rook!! I love playing there!! heheheh!!
Good job!!!

Fair enough, though rook "Rook/Rookie = Beginner" rookgaards main purpose was to let people learn tibia at a pace of there own without dying/being bothered by other players, did you know rook never existed back in the day?

Most people on OTs know how to play tibia, this is why alot of people don't like rook, there is no purpose too it (People may actually argue this point, because everyones purspective on RPG is different, no matter how wrong there purspective is, eg "Alot of people think woodcutting, is an RPG additive") & there is nothing remotely "RPG" about it, if you think about what it was actually ment for.

I'll stop trying to pursade you now anyway, you obviously have some sort of attachment to rook yourself so i'll let you have at it, i just wanted a perspective of what your main will look like, citys etc as i have a feeling you haven't started these yet, so i was trying to move you onto it, as rook has no significance to me exept for getting people killed by minotaurs in mino hell :p

I know what your point is ;)
Anyways, just to let you know Amoaz is currently mapping a mainland city. I will soon move on to the mainland myself as Rookiville is nearly done! I will very soon update the minimap :)

Thanks for all the positive feedback and constructive critism, it's very appreciated!

I've updated the minimap, you'll notice the difference I'm sure of it!

Here's some more mapping screenshots for your entertainment, thanks for viewing this thread!

Swamp:
rh3nz5.png

Entrance to the undeads:
2a0lwqo.png

Mountertaur - home of minotaurs ( the entrance is guarded by captured orcs ):
2dlljzc.png

Rookiville' Vengeance - only the humble may touch this all powerful sword:
s2ehqp.png

I hope y'all enjoy :)

Stay tuned for more updates!

Nice! Spike sword quest on a custom rook, never seen that before! Stay original like your doing now and you'll get far!

Thanks :) I hope I can provide those who're waiting for a good oldschool RPG server with a nice server :D

Nice mapping!!
Oldschool RPG server with custom rook... Can't wait!!! =)

Back