• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux A list of Freeze causes

Snavy

Bakasta
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
I have an RL map server which is 8.6 and im using TFS 0.4. There have been some freeze issues lately which i werent able to catch,(didnt have gdb installed when it happened) so im wondering if you could make a list of stuff that would cause the server to freeze.

freeze or crash?
if you're just talking about long ass freezes that you cant fix, whitevo gave the only things that should cause that
potential infinite loops such as while condition do
if condition never changes to be false the server will be stuck until you close it and take up like 3x extra cpu

@Xeraphus I have GDB installed. Did that after the freeze kicked in.
its fkn annoying to wait for shit to happen.
if you can keep track of the cpu usage you can also tell if it's an infinite loop by comparing the idle state and freeze state in terms of cpu
don't need gdb for that, just your eyes
loops are the only things that should cause freezes, or a recursive function that never ends, since there's no condition for it to ever end it will just keep going until you force close the server
small freezes are the same way but then it would just be some bad code or a long ass loop taking forever (although it would have to be pretty long to affect anything)

Back