• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A week has gone by, lets do it all again. (PVP IDEA)

Nemphis

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
There is not much details to this idea. Dont even know if it actually is that fun but i'd like to share it.

You start at level .. 100.(So you have most of the useful spells.)
-You have decent gear for your vocation.
-Fairly strong skills / magic level.
-You only have the basic non-premium outfits.
You level up by killing people. But you dont get experience(in a way you do..)
-By getting the kill on a player you get 1 experience(A value bound to that character(not true experience Points)).
Lets say you need 8 experience to level up first time. That equals 8 kills. --Soo easy.--

-Killing a monster gives like 0.05 experience. Also droprates from monsters is pretty high.
"I need a pair of boots of haste, lets go to Necromancers and get a pair."
"I need a new axe, lets go kill XXXX quickly and loot one"
You prefer to kill players for exp and monsters for loot(but still an option if there is few players online for exp)

Long story short, you progress fast. First level: 8 kills, second level: 12 kills, third level: 16, kills and so on. So advancing is fast.
Why advancing so quick, though?

After 7 Days, or what people like to call it, one week.

All characters reset to level 100 and the game is fair again. The one players that is 40 levels above and very difficult to kill is now again a target for you to hunt down.

The experience you collected the past week by killing monsters or other players is now currency for new outfits(maybe even monster outfits)/mounts(all players have the boring horse to begin with).

All these are just examples. You can change every aspect to your liking.
-Why 7 Days when i want reset at 3 Days.
-Why not buy cool weapons for my hard earned currency?
-Killing monsters should give more experience.
-I want players to start at level 20 for a more low level war server. (Do it. I dont care.)

You get the Point

Cheers!

If you have anything to add to this topic, please do.

There was a server like this back in 7.4 or 7.6 where you spawned as creature, orc vs elfs vs minotaurs. You leveled up by killing other players but when you died you went back to the original level, It was very popular. I think for the people that work and doesn't have enough time like we had before would like this kind of server. I mean most of us here miss the fights and wars. I think your idé is great! Just make it rewarding with perhaps outfits/new spells etc.. something that you gain from the points you get after reset. Keep it balanced

Just make it rewarding with perhaps outfits/new spells etc.. something that you gain from the points you get after reset. Keep it balanced

I said that actually, that with the past week experiences is now converted to currency that you can buy new outfits / mounts. Maybe even monster outfits. And these will never reset and will Always stay on the character.

:)

Think of it like this.
3 players, friends are Group hunting other players.
1: "Lets kill that dude over there!"
2: "No way dude, you see his outfit and mount. He knows what he is doing!".
1: "Then who do we kill?"
3: "Kill the one with Citizen outfit, i bet we can take that one."

3 players, friends are Group hunting other players.
1: "Lets kill that dude over there!"
2: "No way dude, you see his outfit and mount. He knows what he is doing!".
1: "Then who do we kill?"
3: "Kill the one with Citizen outfit, i bet we can take that one."

That makes sense, yeah. It can also make it easier for random players to find suitable team mates.

Last edited:
Why would that person earn Money in the first Place?

Open up donations. Not a shop. If people like it you can buy a pizza sometimes. win-win?

Simple and elegant.
Takes around 50 hours to create such server/event which is good amount, because we don't want to spend too much time before we can test.

Only problem I see with it is that its hard to find players. It requires at least 5 players playing every day or nobody will play it.

Simple and elegant.
Takes around 50 hours to create such server/event which is good amount, because we don't want to spend too much time before we can test.

Only problem I see with it is that its hard to find players. It requires at least 5 players playing every day or nobody will play it.
how can you know for certain with such accuracy that it will take 50 hours? Did your software idea creator figure that out for you?

Simple and elegant.
Takes around 50 hours to create such server/event which is good amount.

I bet a couple of people in this forum can do it in less time than 50 hours. Can still be fun enough to have a player base.

My point was to give estimation (which is 1 week, if you have time to develop it every day)
Compared to RPG servers its something you can put together fast and see results already in several days.

Back