• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Autumn Real Tibia Update

H4CK3R

'_'
Reaction score
Oct 08 2012 -
Offline Training in Beds and Global Inbox
ith the upcoming autumn patch, two handy new features will be implemented into the game.

Since the summer update, premium players are able to train the skills of their characters while being offline. In order to activate offline training, they simply have to use the training statue of their choice to log out. We have some interesting news for house owners: If you have access to a house or guild hall, you will also be able to activate offline training by using a bed to log your character out. A small menu will pop up upon using a bed and allow you to choose the skill combination you want to train offline. If you use a bed to train offline, your character will still benefit from the regeneration which beds already offer.

Have you ever placed a buy offer in the market and later wondered which depot you have to visit in order to pick up the item you bought? Have you ever wanted to send a parcel to a friend but had no clue which depot he will visit next? From the autumn patch on, you will not have to rely on your memory or predictions anymore. We are going to introduce a global inbox that can be accessed from every depot. This also means that you only have to include the name of the receiver when sending parcels and letters. You will not have to send it to a specific city anymore as it will go to the global inbox of the receiver. Furthermore, as a premium player you will be able to sell items in the market if they are stored in your global inbox.

Enjoy!
Your Community Managers

Original post here; http://forum.tibia.com/forum/?action=thread&threadid=3825368

Let's wait to TFS developers to do that XD

Oh so we will have to wait a couple of years, seeing how the 9.6 distro isn't even close to complete.

wtb new developers

It is pretty much complete, you just need to be premium to access the sources.
Once Talaturen feels it's 100% done, he'll release it.

@H4CK3R, these are very minor features. These changes/additions can be made by an amateur developer.
If I have any time, I could do these little things on my own time.

It's really no more than 10-30 minutes of work.

@H4CK3R, these are very minor features. These changes/additions can be made by an amateur developer.
If I have any time, I could do these little things on my own time.

It's really no more than 10-30 minutes of work.

Wise words, with a minor skill it is easily doable in a matter of a few minutes.

well the 9.6 features aren't close to done. It has the mounts etc I think but there's still many monsters/looktypes missing.

Do you really need premium to get the newest source code? That's really sad. Not only does it discourage people to contribute to the source code and improve the engine (which is obviously needed - go look at the 9.6 tfs, it took far over a month to only get the offline training to work and add the swamp monsters - after 3-4 months it's not even complete) but it also make it harder for new people to get into the server community. It's not really a surprise that everyone wants to get paid for their servers now seeing how you HAVE to invest into premium to only get the newest tfs/source code....
What happened to the ot community that was a couple of years ago? Everything was free. People contributed with new scripts and cool features to the source code every day and there was people that was willing to learn scripting etc. If the administrators puts a prize on servers then surely hosters will too.

Sure, the premium price is pretty low I guess but still it's not about the price - even if the premium costs 1 dollar some people won't buy it, and if everyone doesn't have it then it becomes harder for scripters etc to release scripts that are compatible with the newest source/the version people uses.

Tibia is dying out which equals OTs dying aswell, therefore the OT forums become less active and it requires more time which equals money and to actually continue something that you lost some intrest in, you have to get something in return aswell.

well the 9.6 features aren't close to done. It has the mounts etc I think but there's still many monsters/looktypes missing.
everyone can do those, you don't need access to the source code or the newest tfs to get it done

Do you really need premium to get the newest source code? That's really sad. Not only does it discourage people to contribute to the source code and improve the engine (which is obviously needed - go look at the 9.6 tfs, it took far over a month to only get the offline training to work and add the swamp monsters - after 3-4 months it's not even complete) but it also make it harder for new people to get into the server community. It's not really a surprise that everyone wants to get paid for their servers now seeing how you HAVE to invest into premium to only get the newest tfs/source code....
What happened to the ot community that was a couple of years ago? Everything was free. People contributed with new scripts and cool features to the source code every day and there was people that was willing to learn scripting etc. If the administrators puts a prize on servers then surely hosters will too.

Sure, the premium price is pretty low I guess but still it's not about the price - even if the premium costs 1 dollar some people won't buy it, and if everyone doesn't have it then it becomes harder for scripters etc to release scripts that are compatible with the newest source/the version people uses.
the reason why the latest TFS is not available for public is because its not deemed stable by the developers, and if it was public, there would be tons of people asking for help and repeating bugs that are already known, hence why the latest TFS is closed, its not because Tala wants money for it, he also said that there would be a release of TFS 0.3.7(previously known as 0.4) this year

Outfiter - TibiaWiki - Quests, Items, Spells, and more

Anyone see the new mounts? The terror bird looks fucking badass.

- - - Updated - - -

The 9.6 features ARE done. I am currently using the offline training that is in TFS.
Yes, the monsters are missing, you can do all that on your own time. The key importance of TFS is to get the features working.
The looktypes are not missing, they are there, look around the forums, there's a list of all looktypes.

Why are you so disrespectful towards the developers?

If you're not satisfied with their work, then help them developing?

No way they changed the manta ray to that ugly one :(
Terror bird tho looks real badass

I don't understand how they test bugs... Are they that condifent that they think they don't make mistakes? When i script something, i test it in-game 100 times to see if everything works perfectly... I remember when they made new premium bridge to rook and free accounts were able to access it for few days before it was fixed. I can forgive that mistake because only premium players were allowed to test servers. But this new bed system with training... i heard people trained their magic lvl in rook coz every bed in-game worked as a training post.

I don't understand how they test bugs... Are they that condifent that they think they don't make mistakes? When i script something, i test it in-game 100 times to see if everything works perfectly... I remember when they made new premium bridge to rook and free accounts were able to access it for few days before it was fixed. I can forgive that mistake because only premium players were allowed to test servers. But this new bed system with training... i heard people trained their magic lvl in rook coz every bed in-game worked as a training post.

It is not the first time they do something without testing. If something goes wrong they just withdraw it.
I remember the NPC in Edron who gave out experience everytime you said a certain thing to it, they banned everyone who abused it.

It is not the first time they do something without testing. If something goes wrong they just withdraw it.
I remember the NPC in Edron who gave out experience everytime you said a certain thing to it, they banned everyone who abused it.

Lol, I remember that day, I laughed my ass off.
Anyone got multiple EXP using bug were banned for 30 days.
Anyone that abused it to do quests or tasks were deleted.

Back