• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Custom] Ellestia Kingdoms Project

Hello, today i am finish one of system: Items durability. Now it right connected to crafts, and items can be damaged by time and by monsters attacks. But it can be repaired by blacksmithing craft, or 'portable' magic repair tool (consumable).
Test items:
bK2puot.jpg

aA09BKR.jpg

Ellestia Kingdoms Storyline:
Ellestia world was created by powerful outsiders from Terimelis Plan in 540 year of Blood Phoenix. Only after 469 years, through the astral portals in the world came the first intelligent races, and founded their first kingdom. But the world in these lands did not last long. And in 1235 age of Basilisk, the First Great "Planar" War between the ancient kingdoms. In the same year, with the incredible complexity of the ritual, Halaster Blackcloak of Faerun banished from Undermountain all drow in this world. Since then, many years have passed, and new Ellestia Kingdoms were based.
What happened to the ancient kingdoms? What caused the war? What intrigues conceived by drow? These and many other mysteries, will to decide by new heroes of Ellestia World!
This short story line is poorly written. Why? Because of all that custom name spam. What the hell is Terimelis Plan, 540 year of Blood Pheonix, Basilisk age, Ellestia, First Great "Planar" War, Halaster Blackcloak of Faerun, Undermountain? If one didn't played in forgotten realms setting they wont understand a single sentence of it. They wont understand A SINGLE SENTENCE.
You need to notice that many players never played FR, or get accustomed with lore.

Make story line for people who don't know that. No, not with
**Halaster Blackcloak - ...
as nobody will bother to read that nor to check out FR setting books as they will be BORED with initial story line explanation. Bored like in Skyrim opening. Question don't help here.

You may keep original story line, but note its for FR players. Make second one, dumbed down so other people can understand it. So that I can understand it. Cause I did not played FR and I don't have a slightest idea what the hell is going there. And I wont check out what is what because I've got bored with it.

Or do quick what is what here. Without using thousands of FR specific names.

Thanks for critics! I will a bit re-write them ;) So, i dont good as storywriter, but, i understand this (so, me techie much better than storywriter hehe). And primary - i am have idea and "storyline" but it should be a better writen then it is. Thanks again Gall, that issue added to my TODO list =)

PS: that is real hard task for me hehe. But i will try to make them better!;)

Thanks for critics! I will a bit re-write them ;) So, i dont good as storywriter, but, i understand this (so, me techie much better than storywriter hehe). And primary - i am have idea and "storyline" but it should be a better writen then it is. Thanks again Gall, that issue added to my TODO list =)

PS: that is real hard task for me hehe. But i will try to make them better!;)
I am poor story writer too and doing this is even harder in English, which is not my native language. But I've got suggestion for you - focus only on latest events and important locations. Describe only those things that will be used in quests and or map. You might describe few events from past, but only if they held a great influence over world and are common knowledge to characters. If you want more detailed history - add it as ingame content. You've got libraries, npc-s(but keep their talking about history outside main speech line, unless needed) and locations for it.

Good luck with it:D

Great work Fenrisus, all features really nice... Will you release it?

Last edited:
What is the point of durability, exactly? I've never met a single person in my entire life who liked that "feature"...

This short story line is poorly written.
[...]
Make second one, dumbed down so other people can understand it. So that I can understand it.
The fact that you're too dumb to understand it doesn't mean it's badly written. The fact that he leaves out details is not intricately a bad thing. Those details could be left for the player to pursue, or simply remain mysteries. You can perfectly understand what he is trying to convey even if you don't know anything about the Forgotten Realms lore. Who is Halaster Blackcloak? Beats me, all I know is that he banished all the drow from this world, and because of it new Ellestia Kingdoms were "based". And that's all I need to know. Was he a human? Was he old? How did he banish the drow? That's not necessary to understand the lore he wrote (or rather, copied). We could use some details, but it's in NO way necessary to understand the gist of the lore, and if you honestly can't understand "a single sentence" of it then I feel really sorry for you, as it is already extremely dumbed down. Players who are interested in the lore will research it further and those who aren't won't read it even if they had won him a Pulitzer.
What he needs to do however is work in his English skills. They are absolutely horrible.

Looking good man! However, I for second am more inclined to just removing durability from the game :p

We could use some details, but it's in NO way necessary to understand the gist of the lore, and if you honestly can't understand "a single sentence" of it then I feel really sorry for you, as it is already extremely dumbed down. Players who are interested in the lore will research it further and those who aren't won't read it even if they had won him a Pulitzer.
Dumbed down as in write it such way that guy without knowledge of FR lore and D&D slang of like drow, plane(which exists officially in D&D since 1st AD&D, and were published in few earlier fan-magazines with some differences) can understand it. You don't need to be sorry for me, since I understand general structure of writte story-line.

Cause I do understand this:
Ellaestia was made by some random guys/gods/fancy race(with magical tittle) from some magical place(if you know more about fantasy - alternate dimension) in some whatever year in whatever epoch,
I don't understand what that epoch was(was it dangerous, peaceful, dominated by something), what was purpose of outsiders, from where they came, and what that year means.

After some years they teleported some inteligent races which lived here.
Okay, pretty straighforward, but those years are written, so they could be important right? Probably not.
And the again some meaningless year in meaningless epoch, there is war beetwen the planes. Okay some kind of world war but between kingdoms and dimensions? Wat? Again everything breaks even more if you are
Then there is this guy Halaster, he kicks some drow ass and if you were interesed in fantasy you know that they are bad elves, with female leadership. He kicks their asses and hauls it out from some place. I have not a single idea why this place and single guy is important. Why drows are important, they had imperium or what? Or were powerful traders or something?

And that's it. I've learned there it was made by some guys, then colonized, then had a war, and more war. Now I do wholly understand a setting/milieu if we want to use Gygaxian slang right? Basics of milieu at least? Nope, not at all. Now do you understand what do I mean by "They wont understand A SINGLE SENTENCE."?

And well some players get discourages by such presentation of lore. I could start caring about it if I would encounter something in it. But such player(who might but don't have to) won't notice, cause he well be scared of by way of presenting lore and required knowledge to understand basics.
Also about details - I did not requested details, I requested accessible information required to get grasp of world and to continue learning about that on my own. Details are lovely when you find them in game. But when you can't get what is the thing behind them in game they are worthless.

EDIT:
Last one thing. If story is supposed to introduce players into game, and most of them wont understand most of it - its badly written. Its badly written because it did not met it requirements called introduce players into setting.

Last edited:
Thanks for critics! I will make it in right way. (And also, me need a good creator i guess... hehe :D)

Thanks for critics! I will make it in right way. (And also, me need a good creator i guess... hehe :D)
Well my main intention was not to criticize yours work yet again, but I felt a really annoyed by Radenk rude post, so I've responded to it.
For yours story line - maybe there is writter on jobs forums who could help you with creating story line both outside of game and inside?

Well my main intention was not to criticize yours work yet again, but I felt a really annoyed by Radenk rude post, so I've responded to it.
For yours story line - maybe there is writter on jobs forums who could help you with creating story line both outside of game and inside?
Yeah, lack of storyline and storywriter is serious problem. If i try to find good one sucessfully, it will be great.

So, i will conatain do that game better! =) and hope, someone could help me with storywriting :D

Last edited:
Back