• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Custom Project---Discussion!

Zasranets

Alan
Reaction score
Hello fellow otlander's. This will most likely be a high-mid-low RPG with PVP. As of right now this team consists of Qaushinio, Blink, and me. We are going to develop a custom server. Qaushinio and Blink have been playing ot's since around the early 2000's, and I started to play around 2005 or so. We are all custom fans, we do not play any real "content" servers. Over all of these years we have played many wonderful, custom and unique servers. We've gotten tired of looking for server so we decide to develop our own. This server of ours is going to have everything good we've seen in previous servers over the past years, so basically we are going to take all of the cool features and things we liked from all kinds of servers and make one big server with all of it. A few examples of servers are Goober, Madness, Deathzot 8.0, Chaos, Rise of Abbadon , Fallenheros, Unline , Terra, and so on... Since this is a discussion thread I obviously want to discuss many many things and see what players want. I'll be listing many main subjects and then putting ideas under each one and then I want you, the otland community to post in the comments for each subject what you want it to be like. Thanks in advance for those who participate and post their opinion.

*maps*
We like it when you can explore a huge map, I personally hate teleport servers and it's no fun because all you do is go from teleport to teleport to teleport which is no fun. What many people don't like though is running back and forth to places or when you die you have to walk all the way back and people get angry. To fix this we'd like to put in some sort of way-point system so you still have the joy of explore while not wasting so much time when you die or have to go back to town. The map will be completely custom, it won't include anything from real tibia or any other server you've seen.

*monsters*
We will most likely have most if not all custom monsters. The monsters will be custom such as names, exp, loot, damage and so on...There will also be many types of bosses such as random bosses, mini bosses, team bosses etc.. For most bosses it will require you to actually think and strategically defeat it. It won't be as simple as just someone tank, and then the rest kill it. There might be a boss in which you can't even damage at all so you'll have to look around for clues, maybe there'll be a switch under a box and once you click on it the boss becomes damageable. It will just be stuff like that, also some monsters/boss will be smart, such as using potions and other stuff.

*quests*
We want to hear from the otland community what type of quests there should be. Should quests be mandatory?, what type of rewards should quests give, should there be quests where you have to kill x amount of monsters, team quests, any other ideas you have. There's one thing for sure there will be many secret/hidden quests and quests that will require thinking.

*spells*
One thing is for sure, spells on here will surely all be custom. Should they be acquired from quests?, NPC's?, monsters?, bosses?, maybe create from a recipe? How do you think spells should be?

*vocations*
How would you like to see the vocations or classes work on here? Would you like it if it was just a bunch of custom classes? Maybe just 1 class and as you level up you modify your class by adding what spells, skills, and stats you want. Should the classes on here be put into roles and have like a tank, support/healer, magic dealers, etc..

*detail map*
What I mean by a detail map is not only how much detail the map has as in mapping but also that the libraries will be filled with books and scrolls that will contain information, this information could be used for quests, knowledge about monsters, items, etc.. or it could just be completely useless information. Most chest and boxes laying around cities, caves, everywhere will contain anything from rubbish, to banana peels, to items, you never know what you can find!

*races*
We really want races on here like orcs, mino's, elfs, human, dwarfs, etc.. and should each race have some sort of different ability? We feel like races could also be really useful when pvping but we don't want one race to be the dominant over all of the others, if possible we'd like to make it so each race has a balanced number of people.

*items*
Every item on here will be custom. Do you want items on here to be found with a system like Diablo where you can find rare, epic, unique, legendary, etc.. Should items be found with random stats like finding a sword with 20 attack and the finding the same sword with 25 attack. Should items have level requirements, why or why not. Should some items be binded to you after equipping them? Should there be different sets in the game?
*professions*
Do you think there should be professions on here if so what type? Some examples are smithing, crafting, farming, mining, forging, woodcutting, and whatever else you can think of.

*upgrading*
There will certainly be some sort of an upgrading system, upgrading with gems, maybe gather a certain amount of creature parts and other items and upgrade it that way, we still haven't decided, so post what kind of upgrading system you want or any ideas you have.

*rebirth system*
We want to include some sort of rebirth system, and unlike most server this will not be a server where you hunt for 10 minutes and get a rebirth. Getting a rebirth on here might take like a few weeks or so, it's not something that can easily be achieved. We're not exactly sure what kind of benefits rebirthing should give you and we don't want it to be underpowered or overpowered so post what you think it should be like.

*goal*
When playing this server it won't have just 1 goal unlike most servers where it's just trying to be the highest level. This server will have multiple goals like getting good equipment, highest level, doing quests to get more reputation and unlock new places, being the best at pvp and so forth.

This is all for now, there's probobly a lot of mistakes because I'm like half a sleep while typing this. I'll be adding to it when I can. We will be needing scripters and mappers so if you seem interested give one of us a message or wait until we make a thread on the Job section and apply. For this thread, post what you would like to see in this server, whats going to make you want to play and what will attract more players. Thanks for all of those who post :D

Quests = Many hidden riddles, where you can ask NPC's for hints without spoiling too much, unique rewards, maybe a few quest that only is able to be done 1-5 times? and then the chest gets removed? =P So there are unique items on the serv. Some quests should provide some spells also ^^

Monsters = Nice idea with the switch etc, I like it. Add custom items, then custom loot to all the monsters (will take time) then it would be extra fun to hunt a few monsters with rare loot for unique good items :D

Spells = Custom, wrote more in quests/professions

Vocations = Like 6 start vocs with 2-3 promo vocs for each voc

Items = Custom items!

Professions = In my opinion you shouldnt add lumberjacking, fishing etc.. kind of lame, instead add Crafting, jewelcrafting and tailoring to craft Good End game items (recipes, mats are from bosses/hard mobs/quest rewards). Maybe a spell-formula custom made profession where u make formulas for spells to each voc = right click on them to acquire the spell

Last edited:
*Map dont has to be huge at start, u can make a semi-big map and add stuff later on so people always got new stuff to do.
*Costum monsters plox. also u can make some area where monsters are insane hard and where team hunting is needed ( they could drop better loot or more chance on dropping good loot)
*quests : lots of them , and also some epic hard quest that require looking troughout the whole server finding that one clue and that will take days to figure out. but also some easier npcquests.
*Spells: Costum ofcourse and prolly buy the basic spells, but maybe some items can be dropped that can upgrade a spell into a stronger version or some recipe scroll that teach u the spell.
*Vocations: multiple vocations (dont really like the only one voc idea) but just see that they are balanced. upgraded vocations can also be implemented but its not necessary imo.
*details map: yes this is an important point imo, u can use these details into quests. like when u found 5 different books and read all of them u understand some part of the quest.
*Races can be cool but not really necessary imo, but could be great if implemented correctly.
*items: costum mostly (dont all need costum sprites, but some would be great), i like the upgraded items (rare,epic,legendary) but make that they are very hard to get so that not everybody is using full legendary set. also dont make the legendaries overpowered just the same items but with a little better stats.
*rebirth: I dont like rebirth system never have. imo the best thing u can do is just devellop more endgame content. there is no fun in doing the same things over and over again.

More thoughts coming soon :)
good luck

Lol that was long post I should be like tl;dr, but otservers quality is awful nowadays
First why you want to develop another server if 7... more? of them were failed and collapsed?
Maps: tl;dr, start from 512x512 and try to stay on this map size as long as you can, good server doesn't need huge map to be awesome
Important: hold all people in one city - they will see someone is playing in first days after start so they will be interested
Monsters: check every loot you make, don't make loot rate bigger than x5 or every corpse will drop same loot, you can adjust some very rares for current tibia monsters to make people hunt on them more often in hope they will loot something new
Quests: make players co-working, show them how important they are for each other, for example one player needs to hold a switch by his foot to let another player take item or go others up by ladder as on poi, make something like anni - you need 2 or more players to enter area or levers puzzle with addevent which needs more than one player to push them in time
Spells: Personally I don't like servers where I have to learn spells, you may set learnspells in config for true, disable needlearn in spells.xml and add few custom spells to game(no more than 15). Remember to make them via formula rules(eg. exevo gran san lux could make area like exevo gran vis lux but holy damage for paladins)
Vocations: classic 4, you may eventually add one more vocation half magic half warrior, non-distance
detail: yes, start from 512x512 map with good quality and well
Races: I don't think people want to learn eveything, it's also wasted time to balance them all
Items: waste of time, make just some, not all
Professions: no, just add scripts like crafting, woodcutting and others but don't make skills in them and don't make professions
Upgrading: I tried to add it to my server, but never worked for me. Good luck on it anyway.
Rebirth system: Keep it for db otservers, it's worst thing otservers ever had
Goal: dude it's not minecraft in tibia main goals are completing quests and getting level, fighting with your guild against others and having fun during it all
I achieved it all and sold my character that's why I don't play real tibia anymore.

Get some use in the other items of tibia, and get some fist fighting items in the game, like monks or something. That'd be cool.

Back