• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Custom Survival (Post-Apocalypse) Server

How custom do you like your OTs?

• Total voters
Yea, the apocalypse doesn't have to be bombs, earthquakes, zombies, and stuff. Maybe everyone that was born for a few years was incredibly ugly, so no one had any kids for like 10 years, and the human race died out to just a few hotties.

Loved the systems so far, I wish you luck and motivation to continue..

... (if you switch weapons, you lose all your skills, each weapon remembers it's experience gained and what abilities it has unlocked)
About this part, I don't really get it.. can you explain a little better?

One thing I always loved about Necronia, is their Tutorial system, it uses the FYI commands with new images and etc, which makes everything EASIER, imagine if XDC and every other custom server had that tutorial system?
I'm pretty sure it would go to "the next level"..

I'll explain more about the combat-equipment system once I have more of it done. Right now things can change pretty drastically, since we are mainly working on NPCs, Monsters, and quest systems.

Working on something that is pretty awesome :)
(at least to me)

Making it so you need Line of Sight to see other Creatures.
This means you will be able to actually hide around corners and behind stuff, or if you have a Magic wall down, they can't see which way you went, even on screen.

Xagulz servers aren't a real good example..they are not meant for human beings to play, they are meant for bots to play.

There is no benefit of playing manually, I've played myself, and I've botted, and the bot always played better than me.

At least this time, there was a reason to stop botting on XDC, and that was to do the dungeons, which, actually were fun.

Just the regular server was so dreadfully dull that it was better to just run the bot.
While that may be true, many (most?) servers "meant for bots to play" still get loads of players. I don't think that was the reason behind its death.

Edit: Also, I just read the rest of the posts in the thread and I have to say it's looking really good. I really liked the "customizable weapons" part, customization is something that most Tibia servers lack. It's great to see that you're taking the "starts off simple, gets gradually more complex" approach, but as I said before, keep in mind that most players are so used to the "high fantasy setting, 4 vocations, all you do is kill monsters and level up" formula that no matter how easy and simple it is a lot of them will still reject it simply for being too different. Few servers manage to break out of it and still be successful... which is a shame really. Tibia is such a good game and allows for such great OTs to be made but it seems that most players can't even understand basic English.

Last edited:
Obviously they still get loads of players because mostly everyone bots lol. Those people who can't understand or it's to different for them it probably means they are just botters who want it to be easy so they can bot or people to young to understand anything. These type of server are the only kind that I even play and look forward to, I have never played a real map server, and only played a few high exp servers when I was boring and needed to pass some time. I would honestly be fine playing a server with a lower amount of players because I would rather have a nice community than a bunch of dead zombie players botting all day. All I'm really waiting is for 1 more server to come out and then I'm done with tibia because I can never find a satisfying server.

Working on something that is pretty awesome :)
(at least to me)

Making it so you need Line of Sight to see other Creatures.
This means you will be able to actually hide around corners and behind stuff, or if you have a Magic wall down, they can't see which way you went, even on screen.

Amazing if this works it would be awesome :D but cant people just see the creatures on battlescreen and attack from there ,thus giving the close combat class an advantage...or how do you plan to implement this?

keep giving us updates, this will be legendary :p

After over 20 hours of C++ Trial and Error I have gotten all bugs out of this idea :).

Line of Sight NOW WORKS. see the below video as proof.

Definitely :).
I do want to see if I can add "Fog of War" where it is dark where you cannot see (so it looks better).
We will see if I can find a way.

I would really like that, what I used to like is that you weren't able to change the brightness in the older tibia clients so when you were in caves it was all dark and you couldn't see much unless you had a torch or something, it just gave it a much better effect. I can see much potential with this.

If it is possible to change light per-tile (I'm looking to see if I can do it somehow), I plan on making it so if a creature is in the dark, it isn't visible to the client (so even with bot, you would be fucked without light in caves)

After doing some looking into how lighting is done, there is no way for me to make a "fog of war" but at least line if sight works! It just isn't as pretty as I wanted it to be.

If anyone has any ideas/additions to line of sight, please post them.

There's one more step left, and that's making monsters with height block your view of whats behind them.
(Purpose of that is, sometimes we use breakable walls (that are a creature) hidden in a wall to block off an area, and this would perfect it)

Outside of that, I can't think of anything else to add to line of sight.

So please post if you got another idea!

I was thinking of this idea when suddenly i thought of something that could be awesome, but i'm not sure if it is actually possible( i'm afraid it wont be possible) but here it comes:

Camouflage:
a person can just become invisible or less noticable when he wears the same colours as the background + u can add some items ingame that are extremely rare to drop( because we dont want everyone using this feature all the time) that is something like body paint, u need this item to become fully invisible (maybe right colour , so different types of body paint).

I was thinking of this idea when suddenly i thought of something that could be awesome, but i'm not sure if it is actually possible( i'm afraid it wont be possible) but here it comes:

Camouflage:
a person can just become invisible or less noticable when he wears the same colours as the background + u can add some items ingame that are extremely rare to drop( because we dont want everyone using this feature all the time) that is something like body paint, u need this item to become fully invisible (maybe right colour , so different types of body paint).

Making a player invisible is possible, and will be easily customizable in my customized TFS.
It's even possible to make it so you are visible to your party members, but not enemies, etc.

i had some new idea: it would be cool if you could poison food/drinks , and not just the kind where u lose 5 hp every tick but the kind that makes u really sick and dead is almost unevitable ,unless you got some kind of antidote.

this way you can only use food/drinks you made yourself or that your friends made. but for this to work you have to make sure people cant just look at the item and see that its poisoned because this would just undermine the whole thing.

let me know what you think about it ^^

Not a bad idea ^.-, it would be easy to hide poison in food, we could even make an ability to test food to see if it was poisoned or not.

I have had many of these plans for my previous OTs, looking forward to seeing them played out.

After doing some looking into how lighting is done, there is no way for me to make a "fog of war" but at least line if sight works! It just isn't as pretty as I wanted it to be.
You could edit monster visibility and ground aesthetics based on variable holding light provided by player on a certain radius

Yep! Working on TFS first, then I decided to customize Remeres to have more features, then I MIGHT work with OTclient to work with them both, (Basically make a bundle of Client/TFS/Remeres that works in the way they are supposed to)

Back