• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot v2 (The Restoration Project) | Live Update Thread & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be logical that at some point there will be another beta.
Also basically everything past the 500 area was just a placeholder for the beta, those areas are still under development.

It would be logical that at some point there will be another beta.
Also basically everything past the 500 area was just a placeholder for the beta, those areas are still under development.

legit but also dont think too deep into it since most people in the 1k spawns and above only had t3 and occasional t4s which means as far as the old dzot is concerned they were only in t2 and t2 was not legit in the water elemental spawn at 1.5k just took too long so we were technically undergeared imo but oh well revise those spots if you feel need be

Ok so it's time for the community to help out a bit!

Every game needs what is commonly known as a "gold sink". A gold sink can be any number of things that players can spend their hard earned gold on. Without this type of thing, gold will never be able to hold real value to the players. While we do have things that cost gold, we still lack something(s) that players will always be spending lots of gold on to keep them wanting more.

Some common examples are:
OT Chaos - Buy health and mana
Project X - Buy ore to re-roll items
World of Warcraft - Mounts and artisan skills
Diablo - Crafting and repairing

So this is where you come in, what would you like to spend your hard earned gold on in Deathzot? It can be something you have seen before, or something you have always wanted to see. Be creative!

Ok so it's time for the community to help out a bit!

Every game needs what is commonly known as a "gold sink". A gold sink can be any number of things that players can spend their hard earned gold on. Without this type of thing, gold will never be able to hold real value to the players. While we do have things that cost gold, we still lack something(s) that players will always be spending lots of gold on to keep them wanting more.

Some common examples are:
OT Chaos - Buy health and mana
Project X - Buy ore to re-roll items
World of Warcraft - Mounts and artisan skills
Diablo - Crafting and repairing

So this is where you come in, what would you like to spend your hard earned gold on in Deathzot? It can be something you have seen before, or something you have always wanted to see. Be creative!

Well craftables are always nice but im talking about bits and pieces of things such as how he had charms in the game would make it interesting mats would cost tons of money and once you've finally bought all the mats for the one charm it'd give a bonus stat such as like 25% more exp or something along those lines, because to get the charms was a bitch and had to be donated for you could also make the recipes hidden throughout the map or special world events or something meaning no one can really know which mats mix and make certain charms of the sort. maybe im tripping but i'd love to waste my money on that because during the time i was on i made 20k lmao didnt feel like i honestly made anything so if u keep mats and things like that realllly expensive buying one would make the crafting system alot more fun imo, i have horrible sentence structure but i hope u get the gist of what im trying to get across.

I think straight up gold that an npc will sell you 1x access to a boss/boss scroll of varying difficulties.

Which drop a combination of:
Common: Tiered eq (depending on how hard the boss was and how much the scroll was)
Commonish :Gems
Rare : Maybe password papers (that change every few days) to the various hidden caches of loot that respawn every server save.

Also you could make it so that you could get a boss scroll for like 1/2 the price but the items would be unique and not usable in crafting. Also it would have to have half the loot rate of gems and password papers.

I think this way people will see a clear correlation between Gold to Tiered items aswell as taking significant chunks of there gold for little boosts to their item stash

Edit: The scrolls/access should probably get exponentially more expensive the harder you buy and the passwords from the looted papers could give access to custom hunting grounds with increased monster density and less likely to have anyone there instead of access to item caches (I think thats a much better idea) But of course still having the passwords change maybe even daily.

Last edited:
at level 1.3k, 2 days of playing/botting, i acquired 30k, and you know what, i was proud of my 3 little CC coins for once in an ot.. lol. Just gonna toss out a whole bunch of stuff, not in to much great detail as to leave it open for flexibility to the ideas.

1- Amulets - Amulets are something that we dont have a use for yet, Possible to have a few different stages of amulets that all last 2 hours long of use time, and can give solid buffs for 25k each. (25k representing a long time to aquire at the start and possibly having a stage 2 of each of the amulets for 100k and 3x bonus for late game if money is easier)

2- Stats - i said it before, and i understand there are already so many things that add stats, but this is something that has value, and i feel would be fun. Permanent bonuses that u can buy multiple times on your character with caps on them for different costs. it would make people save money to upgrade their stats to cap. and has value for the player to choose to either save for gaining stats from upgrading their stats via the "paragon" system ( like D3 ROS has) or to buy Teir items from players and upgrade their gear teir

3- Mining - i want mining to have a big value in the cash input and reward output. Runic star stones ( shiny stones now) i dont want to be a part of mining, different reward usable at crafting tables than the mining ore. i would liek 2 grades of picks, a lower grade for the start of server ish, like 1k per pick, can gain t1 items with Rare chances for T2 and Legendary rare chances for T3 ( legendary aka like 1 in 3,000 crafts, not 1 in 1,903,61,038) and grade 2 being 25k each, and has a base possible reward of t3 from the ore, t4 rare, T5 legendary. as well as each grade of pick and Ore having its own set of special items as super rares to possibly craft. (ps, i really... Really... REALLLYYYY, want mining and crafting to have a level system. Not with increasing rewards, but a prestige value to be like " yo.. i got crafting level 50.. Come at me bro.." or some stupid shit like that, makes u feel good to know ur gaining something from your time spent mining/crafting even if its just a number)

4 - Vip scrolls - Buy a vip scroll that lasts for 6 hours for like 12,500gp. VIP would also be donatable for longer periods of time and for a cheap cost im sure. VIP just being something along the lines of 10% bonus loot chance, 10% move speed, faster stamina regen. having it acquirable ingame for Cash would be fair justice to all, and to donors, pocket change but still valuable. and at 50k per day if u wanted to buy all day long, would be pricey, but if they wanted it, it would be worth saving for.

5 - Houses - 1.5k per sqm up to 3k per sqm would be nice.

6 - Slots - 5k per pull, rewards range from Nothing, t1 random item, T1 boss scroll, 6 hour vip scroll, T2 boss scroll, 1cc, T1 Ore, Random t2 item.

7 - Gems - 1k per gem, ( considering it takes 42 gems to socket everything for a day, that would be 42k a day, so even mid game could be pricey, but buying from players would probably be half that. )

8 - Candy Canes - 100gp per 1k for 10, 10k for 100, Given that candy canes are only good for Alts, having them be expensive is worthless, but would be nice to let rich players level their alt a little easier, and 100k for 1k levels is no small feat if u want to say its bullshit to pay cash to level a alt late game.

9 - Backpacks - Backpacks with higher slots, Add in the Cap system, build it so players can have like 80 slots to start with of space( ability to have like 4 backpacks equipped), but have bags be purchasable in Teir levels. from 1k bp(24 slot xxx .oz), to like 50k bp ( 30 slot xxx .oz ) 100k bp ( 36 slot Half the .oz of 50k bp, so u can technically double your space) as they go up in size they also get lighter so u can have multiple bags of higher teir resulting in huge space for all ur different teirs later game.

i know i had more ideas a while ago, just been sick for like 2 weeks and drawing a blank in my head... anyhow i tried.. lol,
I am Obamanizer!, and i am for the peoples Economy and wish for Deathzot to have a Rich and desirable economy.

Gold sinks are often fun but tedious and everyone whos a regular usually gets on board.
I propose being as it was pointed out of how many hundred thousand T1s are required to hit the final stage equipment that a crafting process to earn Tier equipment be implemented.

Basics
Leftover gold after a day of hunting you spend on basic armor/helmet/legs (etc) components which you skillfully try to combine to craft Tier equipment. Basically adding 'smithing' into this OT as the main money pit.

Detail
Each item ultimately consisting of a basic metal or flux (item sprite of Draconic steel/royal steel etc or as a flux item sprite of different powders like magic sulphur and what not) to represent the Tier of equipment it will end up having a chance to become combined with the second component that will determine whether you're trying to make a helmet/armor/legs etc (this allowing people to always try towards making the proper pieces for their current project/goal). The equipment pieces may consist of a item related to what it will outcome as; EX: Your Tier 1 flux combined with orcish gear sprite(looks like a basic chestpiece) has say 20% chance of becoming Tier 1 Armor. A smithing NPC who sells the components of the Tier items would also sell the basic Tier 1 Flux/Metal as the main source of a money pit. The way to achieve the Tier 2/3/4 etc Flux/Metals to combine with the basic components from the Smith's shop could be very rare drops from loot orbs and common drops from boss fights allowing a chance at the end of a hunt to make a few extra pieces (obviously scaling so that maybe the 1.5k area drops the Tier 2 flux for a 20% chance of creating a T2 item, lv 4k area drops T3 flux/metal etc etc). Instead of implementing 'leveling up your smithing for crafting better Tier items and or higher chances' make it a flat rate no skill system that mimics the old school Dzot mining crafting tables. Walk up to a smithing stall put flux item on left pedestal component of equipment piece on right side... flip a switch for your 20% (or whatever %) chance of making both items turn into the Tier equipment piece. Not only does this open up more benefits to NOT botting this OT and being their to manually hunt and walk in those loot orbs for a chance at a T2/T3/T4 etc flux or metal to fast track you past the plain botter who's collecting money through body loot only to go buy T1 crafting supplies after a day of AFKness, but it's just one more thing to collect BPs of and then waste some time and money in town after a few hours of PVP, Quests, Hunting, or Trolling. When your smith attempt fails it turns into a 'hunk of enchanted metal' that can be sold back to the NPC for 50% or so of what a basic component piece costs (Ex: Tier 1 Flux costs 5k and Armor Component piece costs 10k from npc, failed 'hunk of enchanted metal' can be sold to the smith NPC for 5k).

EX:
20% Chance
Commendable effort citizen, you have created semi-useful item.
Magic_Sulphur.gif
+
Orcish_Gear.gif
Lever.gif
=
Dwarven_Armor.gif

80% Chance
Nothing special happened, you smashed the items together and made fancy metal.
Magic_Sulphur.gif
+
Orcish_Gear.gif
Lever.gif
=
Huge_Chunk_of_Crude_Iron.gif

Pricing per Flux and component subject to your drop rate/gold value of straight cash on the OT. As I didn't play Beta I cannot accurately depict what a pricing outline should be as I don't know how the money value is structured.
(I do have a few more ideas on this subject including creating some of the unique weapons already existing in the OT at a very small % chance with really hard to come by materials/components. If you do find this idea at all appealing so just send me a PM if you wish)

~Yours, Warthorn~
~May the luck of the Wolf Tooth Chain be with you~

Last edited:
Hey I always loved the buy hp/mana from OT Chaos but hay that's my opinion never know could work ^^

I would love to see the wrath rune come back from otchaos pleaseeeeeee

Wonderful ideas so far. Since your ideas are so long I wont bother quoting each part and making an individual reply for each however I am interested in a more in-depth crafting system and it seems multiple people feel the same way. I might take ideas from all those crafting ideas and combine them into 1 system and see how it turns out!

Edit:
After some thinking I came up with a pretty cool idea that I just added.
I got a few questions in beta regarding aoe weapons and the like, so my idea is ammo items that grant extra effects to your weapon but are consumed (like arrows in real tibia). Basically your weapon will work as a normal weapon, but if you have these ammo items you can use them to get bonus effects such as aoe damage, paralyzing hits, and increased weapon damage. This would be a "consumable" purchase so it will always be in demand ofc.

Last edited:
Another way of spending money with more 'action' to it to try to obtain some Tier items or other useful drops that could be incorporated could be a survival arena.

Basics
Pay the Arena Master X Gold to enter a level tiered arena system.

Detail
The tiers of arena would be set at level intervals of possibly 1k,2k,3k,5k,10k? (just at a quick thought) where you face 5 minutes of nonstop spawning mobs with equal damage to the proper level requirement areas but with 50% health... each having a 5% chance of dropping a tier item or possibly a loot/exp/map orb, upon survivaving all 5 minutes you are teleported to a miniboss who has a 15% chance to drop the next tier equivalent of equipment. The point of spending say 5k to enter the lv 1k arena, 10k to enter the 2k arena etc, is to have a chance to loot maybe 10-20 tier items and get a bunch of exp while doing it. It wouldn't be for everyone as it would get fairly intense with nonstop spawning monsters and it would be a solo only area, so the chances of living in the 1k area as a fresh lv 1k with newer gear is pretty slim.

~Yours, Warthorn~
~May the luck of the Wolf Tooth Chain be with you~

I got a few questions in beta regarding aoe weapons and the like, so my idea is ammo items that grant extra effects to your weapon but are consumed (like arrows in real tibia). Basically your weapon will work as a normal weapon, but if you have these ammo items you can use them to get bonus effects such as aoe damage, paralyzing hits, and increased weapon damage. This would be a "consumable" purchase so it will always be in demand ofc.

Really like this idea. Another thing you could do would be add a 'gambler' npc who pays out in tiered items/gems

Wonderful ideas so far. Since your ideas are so long I wont bother quoting each part and making an individual reply for each however I am interested in a more in-depth crafting system and it seems multiple people feel the same way. I might take ideas from all those crafting ideas and combine them into 1 system and see how it turns out!

Edit:

the ammunition idea sounds dope, but on a side note fucker unlearn defense curl on ur xdc mr i wont log in and tank shit lmao

Last edited:
the ammunition idea sounds dope, but on a side note fucker unlearn defense curl on ur xdc mr i wont log in and tank shit lmao
Sorry, I have been busy working on shit and crying myself to sleep each night because Blizzard wont take my money and let me play RoS.

Sorry, I have been busy working on shit and crying myself to sleep each night because Blizzard wont take my money and let me play RoS.

its pretty legit though ill give you that, but since whirlwind barb isnt blatantly op anymore it kinda urkked me DH now till i die which is gonna be fast since im a hardcore player

I like the VIP Scrolls and Backpack ideas from Obamanizer, the arena idea from Warthorn, and your idea of consumables Shawn.

For some odd reason i wouldnt mind being able to buy HP or MANA since this would make pvp a little more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back