• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

EliteOTs project, Full retro 7.72 original tibia server, [Process completed]

What you think about it?

• Total voters

EliteOTs

Banned User
Reaction score
Hello people, I don't know what's up in Otland but once I became member here you have been throwing fire into my motivation of getting back to making OT's.
So now it finally exploded when I successfully found my old backup files from earlier servers I had.

Also I had the huge luck to be able to purchase rights to a webpage I found pretty neat in the shape and design, althou I only used the base to remake the website to my own style.
(Yeah I purchased it, so now it's under copyright :), you can't put something under copyright if your webpage isn't the first one and you didn't had rights to steal the layouts etc)

I've been thinking the last days what would I make, what rates, how serious? and so on..
And it ended up with making a full retro server of real tibia at the state of 7.7. I mean full and not an "illusion".
I'm going to use the rates of 3x experience, 3x skills and 2x magic.
The hp/mana regain will be twice the amount per tick.
And I will most likely trash the soul point system, I didn't like those anyway.

The game will be completely free to play, so everyone is having premium status, can travel everywhere, buy promotion and so on... everything.
And you should be able to buy promotion at level 20 from the kings.
You will be able to get blessed just like you could back in 7.7, by traveling around the world and buy them one by one.

Rookgaard, some people love it, others hate it, so I thought I should make Rookgaard optimal, so you can chose whether you want to make Rookgaard, or just start off in main directly.
I found buying spells a bit annoying, (maybe that's just me). so I figured I should make so all people get all spells for free.
Also I had the idea of making so you can change 100 gold coins to a platinum coin just by clicking on it, making it one step easier to store money on your hunting, because seriously in a low rate people around lvl 70 hunting find it rather annoying to pickup some crappy coins when they take up all your space and cap and that very fast.

If you think different then say so =)
I don't mind people's opinion just share them, nail me up the wall and put the facts down my throat and smile "here you go sweet heart".

I will post some of the process, I got a long way to go on this one to make it identical and fully functional as it used to be at 7.7 tibia.
Also I'm fixing a lot of the gameweakness things and shit rl tibia had back then, Etc I don't want furniture npc's that only sell 1 item per turn..
It used to be like this
Code:
Hi
tapestry
red
yes
tapestry
red
<<MUTED>>
hi
tapestry........

Made the heal system work yesterday, so Npc's will heal you and not bugg around like retarded chickens.
72094071.jpg

Books and shit like it should be, find yourself a nice library and become a g33k for me please!
65965198.jpg

As above, signs that should be very accurate, and npc's that say/buy/sell/trade items like they really did on 7.7
95343891.jpg

Houses with accurate names, all of them, and the commands of houses are working properly
23674745.jpg

One problem I'm working at the moment, is the annoying thing about money tibia have, you know if you have a crystal coin in your hand, and 50 gp in backpack, and buy a rope, the npc will take the crystal coin and give you back 9950 gp, and you still have those 50 gps from earlier in the bag.
27380742.jpg

But as everything is... nothing is impossible, you just need the motivation to find and fix things and everything will work out =)

I'll post some screens of my process later tonight when I got a few things to showoff with.

Oh, leave a comment please, I'd appreciate it!
How long before server come online, I'm trying to aim at September 1:st. so one month =)

Edit:
Fixed the money shit now.
55163783.jpg

Edit2:
Took a while to get the converter to work but I finally got this out of it:
mapbackup.jpg

Task-List(Will add more when I find more things that is needed to be fixed, everything that's green are completed and tested)
*Muted system not as sensitive anymore, you can spamm for a while without getting muted [Earlier you kinda got muted just for traveling with boats]
*Take gold before platinum/crystal
*Fixed login bug that occurs sometimes [When you at some points logged out, you couldn't login again until next save]
*NPC's (etc furniture) now sell in amounts instead of one item per turn [hi, 5 red tapestry, yes]
*Removed level limitation on runes, so it's only magic level that's needed to cast spells.
*Made so spellbook sort spells by magic level instead of level.
*Removed the "for level" when you look at runes, only magic are visible. (14:52 You see an sudden death rune for magic level 15. It's an "Sudden Death"-spell (1x).
It weighs 1.20 oz.)
*Death loss system (promoted characters drop 7% exp, magic, skill, items. while non promo drops 10% of all)
*Fully working bless system.
(Each blessing with reduce your death loss with 1%, the blessings works for Exp, Magic, Skills. and not items. for item protection you need AOL, Promoted + full bless = 2% exp/magic/skill loss upon death)
*Magic NPC's take all your empty manas at same time, and give you the money.
*6/6 Blessings NPC's have been completed and tested (4 normal, and the 2 in Kazordoon).
*Tomb teleports are working and confirmed
*Global save, shutdown and restart at 06:00 CET fully working.
*Houses now reload during saves(needed for website support)
*When player is leaving house all items goes to depot
*Bed System
(When you use a bed, you will gain hp/mana depending on your voc, and if you're promoted or not. you gain hp/mana for max 8 hours)
*Items that's already in map before startup don't decay
(Most OT's the fire fields, magic walls, corpses and everything else decays just a few minutes after server starts, which will ruin the decoration)
*If a monster is trapped while try to flee, he will not run away diagonally if that is only path away.
(A "bug" in OTs, I don't think I've ever seen a OT there monsters doesn't run away from you even if they get wall-trapped)
*Banker NPCs works just like real tibia.
(deposit all, transfer and withdraw works just like rl tibia)
*Monsters floorchange double-melee bug fixed.
(When you change floor and there's a monsters next to you, there's a great chance he hit you twice within 1-2 secs)
*Monsters running after target double-melee bug fixed.
(When a monster just reach you, there's a great chance he hit you twice within 1-2 secs)
*Monsters that's trying to flee no longer use melee at all.
(Normally in OTs all fleeing creatures melee back as they flee..)
*Network failure protection
(If the server get heavy DDosed or loses internet connection for another reason you will not lose anything from a death, neither blessings)

(Green is done, res is not)
*Link the website to the game so it works fully at all points (sounds weird for OT's but I bought the website system and remade it and now I need to make it link with the server after that)
*Account managment
*Forum
*Account Creation
*Character creation (including the option to do/skip Rookgaard)
*Creature page
*Spells page
*Experience page
*Map page [The map is done, but it's still without names]
*Char search
*Online List
*Highscores
*Houses view/buy/sell
*Guilds
*Tutor/Gm list
*Readable by Internet Explorer
*Readable by Fire Fox
*Readable by Google Chrome
*Readable by Opera
*Ability to create character by vocation.
*Houses are buyable from website.
*Houses are leaveable from website.
*Moderator Actions to forum
(Allowing people with access to close/delete threads and delete posts)
*You can now click on a forum users name and get directed to character page of that user.

Checked Houses (Working, saving items, saving walls/doors/blackboards guest list m.m):
Ab'Dendriel
Ankrahmun
Carlin (inc, Senja)
Darashia
Edron (inc, Cormaya, Stonehome)
Kazordoon
Port Hope
Thais (inc, Fibula, Greenshore)
Venore

Last edited:
Thank you guys!
Working hard to make it become a fully functional retro server =)
I will see if I can cam my testing in the game later to be a little of a "showoff" :)

Thanks you guys :)

Updated main thread, 3 points of the website have been completed and tested.
Stay tune for more fixes of the process! =)

What distro you usin?

My own, it's similar to OTServ, but a bit more complex.

@Topic, I might enable an url so people can visit the webpage in a few days, I just want the webpage to be little more linked to the game first.
At this point I'm working on converting and changing the codes to fit my server, which take a while xD

I'm considering modifying 0.3.6 in to an old school distribution. I've been wanting to start my own "old school project" for quite some time.

Good luck Elite, looks good so far.

I'm considering modifying 0.3.6 in to an old school distribution. I've been wanting to start my own "old school project" for quite some time.

Good luck Elite, looks good so far.

Thank you =)
And good luck with yours!

Awesome!

EDIT: Oh wait, its you, elite! IT'S GAY! haha jk

Awesome!

EDIT: Oh wait, its you, elite! IT'S GAY! haha jk
Haha xD

I've just updated the main page, added some fixes that I just completed regarding selling empty vials, so the npc's you sell vials to now work 100% as they should do.
Also I checked off a few thing about the webpage, it's almost completely linked to the game now, but still some minor things to make sure it really works :)

gogog =)
I will try this :p try mine it's up haha

I for sure would if I had time =)
Right now I'm very busy spamming otland!

haha nah, I'm actually very busy with EliteOTs atm, I'm working with the bless npc's right now, The Thais one is done, 5 more to go! =)
Looking forward to open up the project the 1;st September :)

How about scripts? Is everything working smoothly? Example: Postman Quest?

Back