• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Septera - Project Complete - Coming Soon

What Exp Rate would you prefer on a low rate?

• 1x

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 2-3x Permanent

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • 2-3x Scaling to 1x or lower

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find an old Oldera thread, and I'll rehost septera mid-August with Oldera rates after Kastaria etc dies.

exactly wait your moment now. Then later we will play your server np.

exactly wait your moment now. Then later we will play your server np.
Great, I'll try to monitor myself. Feel free to keep testing Septera however, the rates are high enough to exp quickly and any reported bug will be greatly appreciated.

@Discussion
Oldera was a great server, I enjoyed it myself quite a bit. Even though it would be quite dated today. But on the other hand, our main competitor in low-rate perspective is roughly exactly as old and evidently quite successful despite not having been updated or fixed for a decade. Atm, the best course of action for Septera is an Oldera-styled server. We're quite confident in the engine, but we do want to make sure any bug is found and eradicated before the low rate launches. If Olderas rates are considered perfect, then like I said, feel free to link one of the old advertisement threads here or in PM and I'll look at them. As long as people play and are happy, I'm more than happy to oblige. Our main goal is and always will be to provide the oldschool fans with a near perfect oldschool experience. :D

Septera is still open, we will reset later. Any of those whom choses to look for any possible bugs (None found so far) will be rewarded with free 30-day premium at a later reset. :)

When will the low-rate open up?
Some players found a bug during the high rate, while it wasn't a big deal and was fixed already the next day. We've decided to delay the low rate and try to make sure there's absolutely no bugs left.
The last thing we'd like is to launch the low rate with a hidden bug that either ruins the players experience or gives someone unfair advantages.

The server is still open at a higher rate however. For those who just wishes to enjoy some quick fun and good RPG content :)

Hello! The servers is almost completely done, just the finishing touches. We're interested of hearing from some "Diehard RPG" fans, what features would really entice you to play Septera? Feel free to send your suggestions in PM or just reply in the thread.

We're planning on launching Septera officially as a low rate in a near future, stay tuned. :)

Some players found a bug during the high rate, while it wasn't a big deal and was fixed already the next day. We've decided to delay the low rate and try to make sure there's absolutely no bugs left.
The last thing we'd like is to launch the low rate with a hidden bug that either ruins the players experience or gives someone unfair advantages.

The server is still open at a higher rate however. For those who just wishes to enjoy some quick fun and good RPG content :)
what hidden bug?

what hidden bug?
We rebuilt the way the game was handling essentially all items to work with Cipsofts real formulas, which resulted in people being able to put arrows in the arrow slots and use spears as a "crossbow" (Throwing spears at the cost of an arrow) due to a lack of specification.

I look forward for it.
After years away from the game, I see Septera as a good option for a guy looking to remind the old days.

Will there be a MacOs client and WASD functions? I would appreciate if it does.

Last edited:
I look forward for it.
After years away from the game, I see Septera as a good option for a guy looking to remind the old days.

Will there be a MacOs client and WASD functions? I would appreciate if it does.
We are working on a private client that would, in theory, be compatible with Mac OS X. We'll look into it for the future however, as I'm quite skeptical that we'll have a perfect client for the launch date. There should be ways of using Mac Software to emulate and play the Windows clients however.

Also, Septera is currently up and running on the test server. It's quite high rated, so if you just want to have a look around. See the stability of the server and the features it offers. Feel free to test it at Septera.org :)

im telling u this the last time

dont put a realese date before u fixed everything this time,

u knew what happen last time, make sure u fixed everything 100% u opend it alrady 2-3 times with alot of bugs that we reported to u ffrom time to time

well i guess u have been working alot with it since then..

anyways i enjoyd ur server before and i will start with my friends if i see u made a upgrade of the server and client

im telling u this the last time

dont put a realese date before u fixed everything this time,

u knew what happen last time, make sure u fixed everything 100% u opend it alrady 2-3 times with alot of bugs that we reported to u ffrom time to time

well i guess u have been working alot with it since then..

anyways i enjoyd ur server before and i will start with my friends if i see u made a upgrade of the server and client
"Last Time" the server was a 2-3 weeks old project, it was an early test to get the word out that there was a server being developed that was of potential high caliber.
We've worked on it daily for an additional 9 months since then. The version you refer to was barely even an alpha in comparison. The server today is very different in every way. :p

man now u just lyin to urself and to us again, u sad that last time to almost the excly words
now i just lost hope again

man now u just lyin to urself and to us again, u sad that last time to almost the excly words
now i just lost hope again
Not exactly sure what you meant. I remember you and your friends played around March-April runs.
That's roughly 8-9 months ago. I don't recall you ever playing or participating in any tests since then? :)

My point is, the famous "Septera bugs", like when you could E-wave through magic walls, was when the server was a very young project, and even then the bugs were fixed very fast (Within a few days at least). They haven't been troubling the server for at the absolutely very least half a year.

I'm in no way denying that Septera had it's fair share of bugs. But most of them occurred when the server was very new, and we haven't really had a bug issue since then. The only significant bug was the one described above around August or so when we had a short high-rate launch (The server wasn't very populated due to high profile wars on other servers) and it was solved within a day. :)

I remember back in those days, people had trust issues about blockers, since there was no way to know a monster's drop unless you approached the body. As we grow we sometimes get more skeptics about people so, is it something you're planning to modified or are you going to leave it as it was? I'm mostly a solo player but it may be something to consider.

I'll install the client on Bootcamp and give it a look to the test server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back