• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Historia Project - Then & Now

Dead Zone

Historia Owner
Reaction score
This will be a big list of what changed during the project.
Also it will give up to dates on how far the latest version has gotten.
So be prepared to read a lot if you want =D.

Tibia 3.0 Development Then:
Lets rewind time and go back to the year 2005 on the 18th of July. The birth of the project started with this single post back on that day
OpenTibia Fans - View Single Post - A Normal Map. I still remember once typing that right after I started building my knowledge of old tibia to perfection. From world maps, to screen shots, to posts, sings, it was like an never ending gigantic history project. Taking in tons of knowledge i documented it all on my laptop in a portfolio type style. Mapping the world which I was planing on did not start around May of 2007. Thus Tibia 3.0 world map was born! Here is a old picture of how it turned out after days of planning. There was still more tweaks I had to do to get it almost perfect. At this stage I also took the time to map old rook. Server side I planned on allowing 35 connections to be online because of the small world map, Not much was hardness was added along at the time the exp rate was set to 1x along with everything else skill rate etc. Along the way the map was posted on the news section of otfans [OtservNews] Tibia 3.0 World Map - OpenTibia Fans One month later Tibia 3.0 server was online! at this time I had every new aspect of 8.0 style game play along with this I did not have the old graphics in as well. Server was fun till a point it started to get "boring" cause of the little content 3.0 offered was not much a challenge. Taking in the full potential of the newest client at the time 8.4 I believe redid the area's with different wall patterns along with grass tuffit, Called it Tibia 3.0 revised tho since the server was not doing so well I ended the 3.0 project and decided what else would give the old feeling game play along with more features.

Old 3.0 Server features:
Complete 3.0 World Map
Using Tibia 8.3&4 Client
Newest spells

This Image shows what Tibia 3.0 looked like in early development.
Tibiamap.jpg

Tibia 3.0 Revised map and finished look.
Minimap-1.png

Tibia 4.0 Development> Early Historia:
With 3.0 server closed I took the next approach for the next best thing but still kept the old feeling. Early Tibia 4.0 took a little longer to develop since I had planned to bring back the old hunting grounds/quests/story line along with some mixture of Old 5.0 graphics and 7.0 along with 7.1 graphics into a compiled spr for Tibia Client 8.4. Farther in to development I was thinking of a new name since Tibia 4.0 sounded strange to name a project. Thus Historia was born since I wanted to show History along with story telling which never got into this early development stage. Tibia 4.0 went up as is but without the newest spells, no aim bot no new things prior of 4.0 standards. Thou it did have the newest spr look to it. At the time was working on a Tibia Graphics patch for the client. During reading feedback people where looking for more options because of the less stuff again. Once graphic patch 1.0 came out I went in and started making custom dungeons 4 to be exact brought in a quest system called Destiny quests, Can read more about that here OTServ Idea - Destiny Quest's - OpenTibia Fans. Tons of new custom things made the server more fun and playable. More features were added everyday for the hardcore pg players. Graphics patch 2.1 came out bringing in more of old tibia's sprs but the render on them made them bug out like giant spiders. More problems also appeared The custom stuff brought the server into a down word spiral to fail since it did not have a story line to go with while more and more features where added Thus using Tibia's 8.4 client to give the old feeling did not help as well with the problem.

Screen Shots of Tibia 4.0/Historia
The world Map
HistoriaWorld.png

The graphics system at that time
Demonhell.png

First Daemon Hunt
Tibiapic.jpg

First Daemon Solo
Tibia2.jpg

Some Rp going on =P Notice this was without the graphics patch at the time.
During every 4 or 5 hours in game play gather everyone up who ever wanted to come and talk about what to improve add or how the hunting was.
RPERS.jpg

Features of the old Historia Tibia 4.0 server:
Old Summon system druids/sorcerers will be able to
summon dragons at level 15.
Old rope system
Old rune system
Old Damage calculations
Old healing system
Old monster damage calculations
Wands removed!
new bolts/arrows removed!
All new spells removed!.
Removed levels from runes. Hello level 15 druid farms ^^.
No aim bot
Skull system Removed!
No multicolored bps
Old mana and health regain
Haste lasts longer
No soul points
Possible to lure!
No stamina
Spears do not break!
For you war players out there.
When you stand on someone they cant heal
Sorc ue at lvl 30
Old outfits!
Monsters Revamped and redone 4.0 update!
Less mana cost for spells
Druids and Sorcerers can summon up to 8 creatures!
Possible to summon dragons at level 15!
<This has its drawbacks. Dragons can kill the user if not careful>
Runes are fixed! Uhs heal better hmms and lmms are better sds gfbs etc.
60 Quests total for all levels ranks.
Minotaur city fully spawned/mapped to the original state.
Mad mages room opened!
Ghoul room opened!
Guild system.
Amulet of life
Monsters do not push objects!
Some monsters do not detect invisibility
Old wands coming soon! < Mana wand, Life wand>
Blessed shield obtainable!
Warlord sword obtainable!
Golden mace obtainable!
Magic longsword yep obtainable!
Excalibug Obtainable
DTD aka Dead tree Dungeon now explorable.
Broadcast system!
As you can see there was a lot more feature in Historia 4.0. This Historia version was a landmark for better things to come into the future. During this server close I took to the drawing bored again gathered all the feed back from the players on what they wanted to see. Now lets talk about the Now version.

Historia Development Now:
Many many new changes have occurred since the 4.0 development. I went back to the drawing board and redid my entire idea to make it more Rpgish, Customized and fix the graphic structure of what to use and what not. Graphics wise tons and tons of old graphics have finally go into Historia's Client http://otland.net/f57/historia-45377/. This version of Historia I'm bringing everything to done to graphics. I'm also bringing in Old items from Ultima 6 since the graphics from that game where used in Cips Tibia 3.0+ Clients. These items will be for future updates and wont be available in game just yet. Customization was another huge factor I brought into this. Like example redoing the Old Poi system how i would imagine it will perform. Since I'm still using the Tibia 4.0 map I removed what was already there custom and re think what would be good to see. Here is 2 examples The Construction of Orc Fort Gives the illusion Orcs are preparing to build there grand base, New Poh where Carlin used to be brings many harder challenges for the power gamers. Rpg Factor This was a Major factor since i wanted to tie in some History of early tibia. Each book you see in Historia will be well written with past info also some books may act as a helpful guides for custom quests. Or the books might turn on you and summon a daemon from hell! Well not that brutal but only in places that are hellish. Other books can increase your magic level or skills depending which one you find. Npc interaction will have key old players that would help you out during your first hour of journeys. I wont go to far into detail of the rest because of other teasers I will be showing in the map section.

Current Graphics: Daemon Hunt in New Historia
Daemon-1.png

Features as now:
Tibia 7.4 client modified with old Sprs
Housing!
Tibia 7.1 spell system exact damage formula as well.
New custom Dungeons and Places, Old Poi, New Poh
Rook added in its old glory.
Spell scrolls - Examples: Spell scroll of conjure food Summons 20x amount of food has 5 charges.
Monsters Dropping rune charges! Chances to drop a 1x to 5x charge rune.
Books - Some helpful, Some Deadly!, Some skill beneficial.
Challenge Modes
Key System - Find a Skeleton king and might be able to get behind a locked door of a Npcs house!
Jail System
3x charge increase to Rune making
Knights/Paladins damaged modified to give them a chance at those Daemons =p

More to come in the following days!

Last edited:
nice alot of writing:p
just to let you know daemons didnt look like that back then^_^

nice alot of writing:p
just to let you know daemons didnt look like that back then^_^

Yep i know check the mapping thread to see the latest sprs. Those where the old sprs before i got in the old crap. Updated the 2nd post as well.

Last edited:
Back