• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Historia - Tibia 6.4/7.72/8.6 Announcement

Jorip now on the team and creator of TOS 6.4, which Historia is based on, has been hard at work bringing the 6.4 experience back better than ever!
He's doing all the hard coding for the server which will be far superior in stability.
I'm thoroughly going over the map and fixing many bugs, also bringing back many long lost locations!

Update for 7.X servers:
Downgraded 7.92 server to 7.4
Custom 7.X client with 6.4 graphics.
Custom Vocation Balancing
6.4 damage formula added to 7.4
Most features of 6.4 added to 7.X server.

Oh yeah baby, keep rocking!
7.4 was by FAR the best Tibia version, you did a great job downgrading 7.92 to 7.4
I think that even 7.X with 6.4 graphics will be a great experience.
Can't wait to try them all, I would help you guys, but sadly my abilities are limited to mapping and noobish lua scripts.
Anyway, great job DZ and Jop!

Last edited:
Glad to be a part of the team. I hope to make the server bulletproof.

Also, found some old gems :)

Tibia 6.61 (I don't think there's a public link anywhere):
tibia661.jpg

Tibia 7.0 (This is the old client, NOT THE 7.0 directx version):
tibia70.jpg

We could also do what cipsoft did and support 7.0 directx and old client 7.0

Nice screenies, do you guys have any prediction for when the server will be playable?

@Druid Elf
Yeah, it's difficult to quantify what made Tibia so much better back then. I'm guessing the lack of a skull system and no (allegedly) botters.

@Luikko
Difficult to say, but at least it is slowly being worked on :)

@Druid Elf
Yeah, it's difficult to quantify what made Tibia so much better back then. I'm guessing the lack of a skull system and no (allegedly) botters.

@Luikko
Difficult to say, but at least it is slowly being worked on :)

Can I know the reason to develop the server in java instead of c#?

Can I know the reason to develop the server in java instead of c#?

Multiple reasons...

First, I'm on GNU/Linux (Gentoo distro), and I do most of my work from the terminal, so I use vim for source editing. I use eclim, ctags, and omnicomplete. C# (mono) does not have have an equivalent for eclimd to my knowledge. And ctags and omnicomplete don't work well, if at all, with C#.

Second, Mono is a horrible implementation with multiple issues. Ever tried using path variables? Or attempted to load a resource from a tmpfs system? And then spent a week attempting to debug the issue only to find it was a bug in Mono? This isn't to say Java is perfect, but it tends to work much better for GNU/Linux systems.

Third, Java has a far superior build process (https://maven.apache.org/ although technically this is language agnostic, I had a lot of issues getting to work with C#), so I can wrap anything in a bash script or a Makefile, and run it directly from vim. It is also much easier to include external libraries since Maven has a central repository. Apache also has a much better library for dealing with asynchronous network IO (almost as fast as C/C++).

Finally, I plan to use Python for scripting, and Java allows a far more seamless integration (Jython).

There's a ton of other reasons, but these are the main ones. I would honestly prefer C++ if I had more time.

Anyway, I hope my really long post answers your question :)

Multiple reasons...

First, I'm on GNU/Linux (Gentoo distro), and I do most of my work from the terminal, so I use vim for source editing. I use eclim, ctags, and omnicomplete. C# (mono) does not have have an equivalent for eclimd to my knowledge. And ctags and omnicomplete don't work well, if at all, with C#.

Second, Mono is a horrible implementation with multiple issues. Ever tried using path variables? Or attempted to load a resource from a tmpfs system? And then spent a week attempting to debug the issue only to find it was a bug in Mono? This isn't to say Java is perfect, but it tends to work much better for GNU/Linux systems.

Third, Java has a far superior build process (https://maven.apache.org/ although technically this is language agnostic, I had a lot of issues getting to work with C#), so I can wrap anything in a bash script or a Makefile, and run it directly from vim. It is also much easier to include external libraries since Maven has a central repository. Apache also has a much better library for dealing with asynchronous network IO (almost as fast as C/C++).

Finally, I plan to use Python for scripting, and Java allows a far more seamless integration (Jython).

There's a ton of other reasons, but these are the main ones. I would honestly prefer C++ if I had more time.

Anyway, I hope my really long post answers your question :)

Sure it did, thanks a lot for answering. Answered some of my thoughts too.

Update - 6/27/13
A lot of old places have been added to the Map, Ghoul Room, Calancea Island, Old Fibula dungeons and other spawns.
Grabbing every single bit of old Tibia 6.4 news to put into Tibia Classic News on the Website.

So, how's the project going?

Not bad at all. In terms of server, most of the protocol rewrite is done. Most of the time I spent was on the backend; however, I *should* finish the ability to log in and walk around by the end of the weekend.

My goal is to have an alpha version ready by August (rough estimate, I may take longer if I'm not satisfied with the quality).

Update:
Jopirop has been hard at work rewriting the Tibia 6.4 server.
We are now able to log into the newly developed server!
More to come =)

I'll be moving to USA next month! :)
This means, less latency haha

There was a bug when you move a backpack to the status screen (skills etc) the server crashes, just to let you know
Cant wait to try the new and improved version :)
Jop doing a great work, btw DZ, Venore was implemented in version 7.1 :p

Update:
Jopirop has been hard at work rewriting the Tibia 6.4 server.
We are now able to log into the newly developed server!
More to come =)

We can see Jopirop advancements in programming, he though for the end of the week end he should be allowed to login, and look he did it way earlier. This is a huge advancement to the Historia Project, hope to see news about every change you guys do.

Back