• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is there a gap for an Optional PVP OTserver?

Will you play an Optional PVP OTServer?

• Yes

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tarantonio

Old School Player
Solutions
Reaction score
We are aware that most of the people who plays an OTServer likes to frag, but, is there a gap for an Optional PVP OTserver?

I doubt it. Optional to me is all about building up items, guilds, reputation and that's why I just play real tibia. Not going to put hours into an OT server and have it shut down.

Just my 2c

I doubt it. Optional to me is all about building up items, guilds, reputation and that's why I just play real tibia. Not going to put hours into an OT server and have it shut down.

Just my 2c
Great comment!
Today is difficult to maintain a server if you need money. The 99%of OTServers out there will shut down if the money stops to flow. Most of them open, make money and 1/2/3 months later shut down (money or players problems)
The idea behind this poll is not only to know if an optional pvp server will be welcome, I just want to know if you will play this kind of OTServer if we can be sure that is a long term project.
First of all, I think it shouldn't be based on shop. Donations are welcome, but without any compensation ingame. At least in terms of balance.
The only way to gain reputation is to stay online for a long time, maybe with low population at start.
But the key is always the players, if they decide to kill the server, it dies. There are no shorcuts to success.

Yeah I agree. If you plan to keep it open a long time some people might like it. I would recommend you have a few battle arenas and a good guild war system to keep the pvp lovers engaged in the server.

You'd be surprised, there's always a gap if you're willing to make it playable, gotta find your audience. Personally, I doubt I'd play an optional pvp server, but I'd consider it if it were 7.7.

You'd be surprised, there's always a gap if you're willing to make it playable, gotta find your audience. Personally, I doubt I'd play an optional pvp server, but I'd consider it if it were 7.7.
As some of you know, we have an 7.72 server based on OTHire, almost 100% done. We changed engine to make our private server, but we want to open a free to play server to give something in return for the help of this community. Our OTHire 7.72 server is a copy of Tibia RL 7.72 version, we wanted to reproduce this version we played and got a lot of fun, before aimbots and another things we hated when Cipsoft released them.
To make the server almost better than Cipsoft one, we introduced some changes, bank account for example, and we are in doubt with another cool things like stack runes and fluids. Our idea is to make it Optional PVP and low rate, maybe 2x or 1x.

As mentioned above, it must be online and never reset. But yes, there most definitely is a market for Optional PVP.

People will most likely avoid a project who's first server is Optional PVP because they don't know if it will be online a month later. So, start with a regular server, build a reputation and maintain that reputation through community support. And when the time comes, your odds of having players will increase exponentially, no matter the type.

Well I would personally play tibiacom instead of an optional server. Since I know they wont close some months later

I see the most feared thing is the uncertainty of not knowing whether the server will last more than a month or two.
It's not easy to gain reputation if you don't have players, but I can manage that point.
The question is: what are you looking for in a server in order to be serious?

I see the most feared thing is the uncertainty of not knowing whether the server will last more than a month or two.
It's not easy to gain reputation if you don't have players, but I can manage that point.
The question is: what are you looking for in a server in order to be serious?

I personally like the servers without pay to win shops, it's a road to the death of the server sooner or later.
I played a lot in Optional PVP servers in RL Tibia and I got much more fun than when I played on PVP. But it's a personal opinion. I like to RPG, to explore, to discover new quests, etc..
I want to know what other people have to say about your question.
For example, how is the perfect shop for you? or, no shop and only donations? (I doubt anyone donate so much if it doesn't have a reward ingame)

Touching on what the poster above me said... A fun part of optional pvp is exploring and questing. On a real map server that is kind of hard to achieve since most players have already explored everything. This just becomes a grind to the top kind of server at that point. Which is where PVP generally kicks in.

Touching on what the poster above me said... A fun part of optional pvp is exploring and questing. On a real map server that is kind of hard to achieve since most players have already explored everything. This just becomes a grind to the top kind of server at that point. Which is where PVP generally kicks in.
That's right. I think that a bit of rpg in form of new quest lines, new unexplored hunting grounds and some new npcs that evolve the Tibia lore a bit are needed. Little updates and active staff is the key.

Back