• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mapeditors are starting to annoy me -.-

Physik

Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm currently in the works of making my own 8.4 custom ots
I've compiled tfs, made my own sql database, made a few custom scripts/spells etc, and pretty much been fooling around a lot.

Today i wanted to start mapping, so i downloaded remers map editor, everytime i start it up, it asks for my tibia.dat/tibia.spr, i moved them into the map editor folder, and it still asks for them. When it pops up the folder browser, i locate my tibia installation folder (C:\program files\tibia) and it just asks for them again, as if they dont exist.

I tried everything i could, and gave up. So i went on to find SimOne's map editor for 8.4

I load up the map editor, and it worked fine, now when i try to open my forgotten.otbm in my data/world folder, it gives me this error

Could not open the file : Unknown attribute
Error code : 3757749

Then it continues to open the map, but without any spawns/npcs/monsters/etc.

Im really getting frustrated now, is there anyone that can help me with this?

ok look, on remere's check what version u were using go to Map -> PROPERTIES if it says like client 8.40 then locate ur tibia 8.40 folder! then it will work fine after finishing mapping click map -> properties change it to 8.20~8.31 then ctrl + s then open it with simone and it wont say that everytime u use remere's map editor do the same thing

rep me ++ thanks!

As stated above, it is client 8.40, and i navigate to my 8.40 folder where tibia is installed, but it keeps saying cannot find tibia.dat/tibia.spr

so, no, your method does not work, but thanks for trying

Let me explain for you.

Here is a website that achieves all the Tibia Clients for you. If you are using windows, visit this page:

Tibia Client Download

if Linux

Tibia Client Download

However, click ctrl + F and write "8.40". Download the client listed there. When it asks how you would like to save it as, click "Save as" and then choose just C://, so in your C harddisk.
After you have done that, open your Remere's mapeditor. When it asks you to find the 8.4 directory, click ok and a window will pop up. Now, go to your C harddisk, find the tibia folder you downloaded there and click on it. The mapeditor will reload and everything will work for you.

If you have any other problems, let me know,

You get that error because Remere's map editor might be using another items.otbm, i think so, im not sure at all. Try to copy Remere's items.otbm and items.dat and replace them on the Simeone's one.

I'll try 1.1.4 as i see a lot of people are getting errors with 1.1.6
Thanks for all your guys' help
gonna see if i can fix this right now

Okay i finally got remer's map editor working, now when i load my map its asking for my valid npc/monster data file. where do i find that?

Okay i finally got remer's map editor working, now when i load my map its asking for my valid npc/monster data file. where do i find that?

Ignore that, you don't need those except if you want your Custom NPCs/Monsters to look same in editor as if they would look in-game.

Back