• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTS Government? Good Idea?

Dixter

Amateur Web Developer
Reaction score
Well i was thinking recently, that I will re-open my ots...however many times on multiple ots' there are people who complain about unfair rules, power abuse, etc... So I was thinking why not set a basic set of rules(not botting, hacking, etc...), and then appoint a sort of "OTS Government", and then let the players vote on such a "government". And that government would employ it's own rules about smaller issues, and they would contribute more to OT "economy". This way it would be easier for a variety of players to have access to different items and stuff, and it would be much cheaper. Also I would let some players submit their own maps for additions, and if they were good I would add them. This so-called government would enforce their own rules(which have to comply with the OT rules) as well as general rules. This would give people a sort of feeling of trust towards the "rule" of the OT. Of course there would be conflicting thoughts about different rules so once the map expands a bit I was thinking of dividing up the regions and let them be sort of controlled by different "governments". This would, in my opinion create more competition between players etc..., and I think this would also attract more players. This would also take a lot of pressure off of the support team because they would not have to constantly monitor everything(not that any support team actually does), and rather the ruling guilds would enforce the rules much more efficiently and evenly. Now of course I know that once this happens the God essentially loses a lot of power, so I was thinking of creating a sort of United Guilds team to make sure no guild that rules of a certain city or region becomes too powerful, or abuses their power. Would this be a good idea? And how would I employ such a strategy?

You shouldnt give guilds or people power that dont deserve it because they will just abuse these powers.
Its a nice idea but i dont think that u can make that work, sorry.

If you did this, there shouldn't be one person that says something and it's their way or no way.

Should be 3-5 people who make decisions together, compiling idea's, etc... This means even since you are creating this group (hypothetically speaking) you can't play the card "I MADE THIS GROUP, I AM THE LEADER".

If you did this, there shouldn't be one person that says something and it's their way or no way.

Should be 3-5 people who make decisions together, compiling idea's, etc... This means even since you are creating this group (hypothetically speaking) you can't play the card "I MADE THIS GROUP, I AM THE LEADER".

Oh no of course I wouldn't say "i made this group, I am the leader", it would be a sort of government SET UP by me...I'm thinking of creating several. And from there the people can make their votes, they can CHOOSE how they want the power distributed. If people don't vote, I would appoint a guild. And this guild would be rather repressive, so that more players would vote. Some players would like to have one leader, others would like to have the power distributed. That's why I will create different regional governments. Sort of like mini countries :p. And I WOULD NOT interfere, once the OT got started...the players would be in charge of how they rule themselves (ofc they still have to follow the basic OT rules). But I would NOT intervene with my God unless serious rules were broken(mass hacking, etc..). I would create my own guild with would act as sort of a United Nations in our world. Once the players chose their government then it would be up to them to upkeep it. If the "government" was oppressive and power abusive, the players would have to overthrow it. And if I thought that intervention was necessary I would do it via my "United Nations" organization which I would call "United Guilds". I would have my own "army" so to speak, mostly formed by my friends...and this would act as sort of a "stabilizer", to make sure no one government got too much power. However once the player numbers would increase then it would be mostly up to the players to overthrow their rulers if it got out of hand, and I would help via the United Guilds as much as I could. However, how could I put such an idea into action? If somebody is interested in helping me more with this, then I would be glad to give you a god char and invited you to join my "United Guilds" council on my server.

This would also make the server a lot more interesting, eventful, and fun in my opinion. I really need help putting these ideas into ACTION though.

If done correctly, it would work. I hope you find responsible and mature people.

If done correctly, it would work. I hope you find responsible and mature people.

Well, I'm sure there will be bumpy moments, and probably bloody ones. But it's impossible to simply "pick out" random people, as I'm guessing this would be a new system for an OTS. But after a while I'm confident that the players would choose correctly. I mean, if the players in a certain region choose to give most or all of the power to one or two people, then that is their decision. I can't force my "ideal government" on them. There would probably be wars and stuff, which would be very interesting. I'm sure a lot of people would play, I remember one ots I played, I loved it simply because we had a massive guild war that went on for about a year. After the war was over I rarely played the ots as I got bored.

Well, I'm sure there will be bumpy moments, and probably bloody ones. But it's impossible to simply "pick out" random people, as I'm guessing this would be a new system for an OTS. But after a while I'm confident that the players would choose correctly. I mean, if the players in a certain region choose to give most or all of the power to one or two people, then that is their decision. I can't force my "ideal government" on them. There would probably be wars and stuff, which would be very interesting. I'm sure a lot of people would play, I remember one ots I played, I loved it simply because we had a massive guild war that went on for about a year. After the war was over I rarely played the ots as I got bored.

That's a nice Idea, it can be easily done by creating groups in groups.xml, also adding new tables in your sql database to store current "Presidents", using Globalevents to start the elections and such, the only difficult thing to do is currency since in tibia everyone has the same currency.

I only read the first post, but this will never work. You can't give people power in your server to enforce rules because they are players, not staff. If you give the ability for someone to abuse your server, they WILL do it and other players wont enjoy playing because anybody with a bit of power can essentially control what they do. In my experience, most players on servers I've been apart of don't quickly or fully understand new non tibia features added to a server, probably because of language barriers or something. I think you should try something else, this is too advanced.. maybe a guild controlled city or something that guilds can control, not a full government for a tibia server.

That's a nice Idea, it can be easily done by creating groups in groups.xml, also adding new tables in your sql database to store current "Presidents", using Globalevents to start the elections and such, the only difficult thing to do is currency since in tibia everyone has the same currency.

Hmm I will try that when I am testing my ots. I haven't done anything with scripts for like 8 months now so it's gonna be a bit hard :p...

I only read the first post, but this will never work. You can't give people power in your server to enforce rules because they are players, not staff. If you give the ability for someone to abuse your server, they WILL do it and other players wont enjoy playing because anybody with a bit of power can essentially control what they do. In my experience, most players on servers I've been apart of don't quickly or fully understand new non tibia features added to a server, probably because of language barriers or something. I think you should try something else, this is too advanced.. maybe a guild controlled city or something that guilds can control, not a full government for a tibia server.

Yes that is what I was thinking of doing, a guild that controls a city, but they wouldn't have any special commands or anything...maybe like figures I trusted. But the thing is...that once the power is given to the guild....it will play itself out...if the players don't like it they will probably revolt and make their own government. I wanna try creating like make-shift city-states. I have many friends who speak many languages, I myself speak English, Polish, and some German. So we could work out language barriers. I think new players would have to be informed of this via a pop-up when they first log in or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't understood much of if but I think a better idea would be like a governemnt type think, abit like you're talking about and for example, if a normal player catches another player breaking a "law" (rule) you can "sue" them, and then it goes through the government and if the accused is guilty they have to pay a certain amount of gold depending on the "law" broken and a percentage of that gold goes to whoever "sued" the accused person.

Lol kinda random but I guess its an idea...

I didn't understood much of if but I think a better idea would be like a governemnt type think, abit like you're talking about and for example, if a normal player catches another player breaking a "law" (rule) you can "sue" them, and then it goes through the government and if the accused is guilty they have to pay a certain amount of gold depending on the "law" broken and a percentage of that gold goes to whoever "sued" the accused person.

Lol kinda random but I guess its an idea...

Hmm I did not think about "lawsuits" but that's a good idea, if I ever implement this on an ots I will try that as well.

If you ever do, make sure to warn me, I sure want to test it out!

People are bored of original Tibia so changing things such as this are always a great idea. That's why so many people play OT's. There are so many options and varieties of servers to play and every aspect your looking for you can always find somewhere. This idea of a "Government", I think, would work extremely well and would also be very interesting to experience you just need to figure out some ways of doing that. I think I have some ideas on how and some more suggestions on other possibilities to add. Pm me and I'll give you my msn and we can talk about some of my ideas I've come up with.

Interesting idea. PM me if u're going to test it or make it maybe I can help aswell =P

Government in Tibia, sounds quite interesting. Sadly, I doubt there will be demand on such kind of server, however I keep my fingers crossed for this project. If it'll got other features as well, it may attract peoples.

Example situation in court:

- Sir, why did you killed that guy?
Your Honour! He insulted the leader of my guild and all its members. Moreover, he expressed rude in the presence of NPC.
- Okay, but why did you killed him right away? Couldn't you just leave him alone with 1 hit point?
But, Your Honour! It was stronger than me. I didn't expected that my Sudden Death rune becomes so explosive!
- Thats not a point. Decision of the court: ban of showing in the city depots, cleaning Rat's hunting place from dead corpses, additionaly inspection of Gameaster daily plus prohibition of aggresive behavior at peoples for 2 Tibia-years.

o_0

Back