• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

PokeNation Discussion Thread

UPDATE: Website up (Still wip) along with a Skype Chat room. We are still looking for people wanting to become part of a team if anyone is interested can check out the Jobs thread.

SO!

Wish I could add a poll to this but wanting your opinions for graphics (Tiles not sprites/outfits) Would people perfer
A: Stick with the traditional Tibia color scheme/Look
maxresdefault.jpg

Or

B: Making it more celshaded/colorful be the way to go?
pokemon-world-online.jpg

NOTE: Not screens from our game just random ones i pulled online.

Bump, would love to get feedback, ideas and suggestions on what yall would like to see. Server is for players like you ;)

Bump, would love to get feedback, ideas and suggestions on what yall would like to see. Server is for players like you ;)
  • option 1:
    You don't and will not have enough spriters to make graphics for every pokemon sprite in tibia's perspective.
  • option 2:
    You will get tired replacing every single sprite with pokemon GBA perspective, and it will be too much hassle, you will find yourself questioning whether it is even worth investing that time when you could build the same thing in Unity in probably even less time with a much better engine. You will start losing motivation, eventually giving up on the project.
  • option 3:
    the cheap, lazy, and shitty-looking way every pokemon server out there does it - mix of both. Looks like shit, but nobody cares, because they are just so amazed by the fact that tibia was turned into pokemon.
So there is no optimal way, I'm afraid. Just go with the third one, and if you will see that you have shitload of time to spend on the graphics, then consider the other 2 options.

• option 1:
    You don't and will not have enough spriters to make graphics for every pokemon sprite in tibia's perspective.
  • option 2:
    You will get tired replacing every single sprite with pokemon GBA perspective, and it will be too much hassle, you will find yourself questioning whether it is even worth investing that time when you could build the same thing in Unity in probably even less time with a much better engine. You will start losing motivation, eventually giving up on the project.
  • option 3:
    the cheap, lazy, and shitty-looking way every pokemon server out there does it - mix of both. Looks like shit, but nobody cares, because they are just so amazed by the fact that tibia was turned into pokemon.
So there is no optimal way, I'm afraid. Just go with the third one, and if you will see that you have shitload of time to spend on the graphics, then consider the other 2 options.
I'm afraid I have to agree with @axas on this one. Option 3 is probably your best bet. What you have got going for you however, is that your sprites actually fit extremely well with the standards of Tibia, unlike the ones used in other Pokemon servers, which, as mentioned above, are completely out of perspective.

Maybe you can go with option 3 from @axas and with the time replace the old pokemon sprites by the perspective sprites, should be fine mixing both i think.

Can you guys show us a little sneak peek of how the client actually looks like? Maybe a piece of map? I don't know, I'm just excited about this project :D

Our idea is to have a truly unique looking server. Atm we are using the base sprites found in most other OT server but slowly been changing them as we go.

Eventually everything will be 100% unique.

We are in the process of changing ver to TFS 1,1 when that happens will post up screenshots of our OTClient and few screen shots of the map (Completely redone) Based off our minecraft server PokeNation map.

Last edited:
1) Approximately, how long will it take for it to be playable?
2) Will there be an Alpha test phase for us players to try it?

We have no date yet to when it will be online, currently updating to tfs 1.1 and remapping kanto/johto (Still looking for mappers)
We will be opening up an alpha testing phase to make sure there are no major bugs, exploits etc etc

Back