• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Remere/Asprate - Cipsoft.

Evil Mark

Reaction score
I've been reading that Cipsoft shut down one of those guys OTservers for some reason.

Could someone tell me the reason and be precise? ^_^

I copied this from tibia.com forum.

Originally posted by Mark Quest Ion on 25.06.2010 01:58:45:
> Instead of trying to organise a deal with them, host
> their servers in exchange for them selling premium
> that CIP would get money from they sent legal threats
> and destroyed one of the fastest growing OT servers
> on the internets.
>
> Talk about a creative approach...
> I'm sure Asprate and everyone involved would've loved
> to make a deal.
>
> Asswipes.
>
> Well sinking smaller floating ships around you won't
> help you from drowning in your own sinking vessel.
> They might've actually relived some of your pressure.

And this was taken from OTfans.

Classic Tibia is a 7.4 Open Tibia server that aims to replicate Tibia, as it was back in 2004.
Without wands, and with the old magic system. Runes cannot be bought from the shops, and the only islands are Edron, Darashia and Ankrahmun.
The server slightly accelerated, with an experience rate of roughly 2.5.
Mana regenerates twice as fast as back in 7.4. Loot and item prices all all stock.
Staff:
* GM Remere - The owner of the server.
* GM Nils - über Gamemaster
* GM Asprate - Great guy & mod at OTFans. Contributes with public relations!
Do not trust anyone beside these for official matters.

Ip changer
Tibia 7.4 (and more clients)

Tibia 7.4
Server is online 24/7!
See you ingame!
Website and IP address is: classictibia.com

Here's what it says when I visit Classictibias Website:

Game Over

Due to legal reasons I cannot continue to host the server any longer. Believe me when I say I'm as pissed as anyone. I've spent a lot of time on this, especially on the new website. Which would have been completed now. But I simply cannot host any longer. :(
For those of you who are curious, premium would be added with the website update, with exclusive features which would recuperate the cost of hosting the server. But now I'm forced to shut it down beforehand.
It was fun while it lasted, goodbye.

Last edited:
Well, now there's some more information in the topic to know about lol..

They won the case out of some retarded presumption that he caused them economic loss because he "intended" for people to break the EULA and thus get banned and thus do not pay the monthly subscription. Not because it was injecting code. -Mark Quest Ion

So, if I'm making a game based on tibia, but using only my own sprites and TFS Sources, can I get sued for causing them economic loss?

Ive said this 12423 times..

Cipsoft can and will shutdown Open Tibia servers

They already started to get desperate because of the fact that OT servers became their competition with more than 40k players playing different OT servers!

Cipsoft's amount of players these last couple of years went from 60k to a max of 35k.. usually arround 15 - 28k players online daily

There's thousands of euros made from OT servers and lost for cipsoft

Open Tibia is not what it used to be.. It's growing.. fast and it won't stop growing.. Cipsoft will eventually run out of players *exaggeration*

That's just my opinion based on true shit.. It will happen

2012 FTW!

More information would be nice...
Word from Remere/Asprate I suppose.

Red

But how can Cipsoft shut down an OTserver? all we basically use is their client? If we don't use their client or their sprites they can't do shit right? Because the sources are made by OTland..

We use their sprites and people make money out of it

Custom client? what is a custom client for you jaja! just because you changed the .pic doesn't mean it's custom duh!!! It's still theirs

And they have more than rights to sue the shit out of us if they wanted to

Uhm, if we use Custom Client then CipSoft can't do a shit to us. We are kind of modifying it by using an ip-changer which is illegal...

Well, good for me then. Because I am making a game based on my sprites only..

@up ofc not xD It's just changing titles, ip, etc...the client is still belongs to CipSoft.

Stop talking bullshit. It's obvious. OpenTibia is growing extremely fast. The only way to stop the increasing `power` of OT is to stop it from developing. Remere has made enormous influence on OpenTibia. Because of his map editor, Remere's Map Editor, even total newbies gained possibility to make own maps in easy and fast way. Thanks to (aff) map trackers and other stuff - real map servers became a decent source of money. Cipsoft can easily sue those jerks who are using copy of their website, you couldn't even imagine those kids with real map servers that could be finished by high fines (at least).
They can put an end to the entire source of everything and then OpenTibia soon would eat itself :p.

I am sure that Remere wasn't likely to go to jail just because of stupid OpenTibia Server.

But still, it's easy to keep yourself rather protected from CipSoft. Just:
- do not: use their website layout
- do not: run real map server
- do not: make `donations` in your server
- do not: include ANYTHING from CipSoft on your website
- do not: mention about ip changers and other stuff
- personally I wouldn't even post screenshots from the server

Then no one could do a shit to you.

PS. I DON'T THINK THAT REMERE HAD FINANCIAL PROBLEMS, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE. EVEN FUCKING 100PPL SERVER CAN EARN ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY FOR ITSELF.

Back