• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] Nelvara 10.41 [Custom Map] Start: Friday 26th 8PM CEST

A team? That's highly unecessary unless the server grows... You could however get another staff member for the purpose of community management and enforcing the rules ingame.
He/she could post news on the updates you guys are working on, figure out some events for the players to have fun with, and generally help out wherever it is needed. And maybe most important.. ban players that try to get advantages over fair players

A team? That's highly unecessary unless the server grows... You could however get another staff member for the purpose of community management and enforcing the rules ingame.
He/she could post news on the updates you guys are working on, figure out some events for the players to have fun with, and generally help out wherever it is needed. And maybe most important.. ban players that try to get advantages over fair players

Yea I mean another staff member, for some reason the current gms were almost never online..

It's back now. We're having some problems with the server consuming too much CPU, it's possible that it'll go offline from time to time while we try to fix it.

The updates will be quite slow as we're unmotivated with the server right now.

Last edited:
Consuming too much CPU with no players? That sounds weird

I understand the lack of motivation, I don't think I would be all that hyped to work on a server with no players... You could always hire another staff member or two.. I would at least suggest hiring a community/player manager, that takes care of punishing/helping players.. and make events, post news and generally attract players to the server.

let me put this in a way for you that is not so polite and miss leading. what he is saying, is he don't feel like wasting his time on it, so the server is up for your enjoyment, if you feel like playing go ahead, but right now he isn't going out of his way to attract more players, till he feels like spending 200 hrs a week working on it again. all suggestions you make will be discarded and responded with a polite answer cause he is a good guy, but you need to understand, after so many 1000's of hours working on anything you get burnt out, and need months before the spark is back. just be happy they didn't shut you out of it completly

Did you read my reply? I gave the suggestion of hiring NEW team members... not work on the server themselves...
I specifically wrote that I understood that they were tired of working on it.

And besides... The server hasn't had more than one player online for a long time

If they get someone that works on getting new players through events and whatnot, it would be much more interesting coming back to work on it. I know I would be more interested in working on a server that had 10+ players online, if not more.

Anybody still playing this ? It actually looks kinda decent now that some of the earlier bugs and exploits have been ironed out.

I think it needs to be reset. I could get a lot of people playing this if you reset it and perhaps increase t he rates by 1x.

I tried it before but it was way to slow, and the lack of customness made it extremely boring. I don't mind low rates but if there isn't enough custom to compensate then I find myself falling asleep.

I liked it alot.. but botters killed it, and nowadays there are no players =/

If the owners reset, increased the rates slightly and implemented strict anti bot rules(7 day ban first offense, account deletion second). The players would come.

As I've understood it.. The staff has grown tired of working on the server.. possibly because of no players online.. ever.

I agree that a reset is needed, it could bring players back. I would consider playing again if that happend, even without a rate increase

There are a few reasons why there was never many players...

First of all the exp rate felt like real tibia for me; if I wanted something that slow I would play real tibia instead. I'm sure this applies to others.
You can even look on the first couple of pages on this thread and you will see almost EVERYONE is complaining about the 1-2x exp rate, which as you can see proved to be a problem.
Here's a good response that was never even addressed:
There are people in tibia who actually don't use bots or ones who enjoy exploring but spend little time in front of the computer. With 2x rates they won't even bother with server where they have to grind for hours to achieve something. 1x-2x will only force people to bot.
Then again if the exp is to high, people will roll through the content faster than intended which I'm sure isn't what the staff want. I read that before it was x4 exp which led to people being 200 in 2 weeks which does sound too fast, so why not compromise on a middle ground? I'll be honest here: I tried this again a month or 2 ago, killed a few rates and noticed it was as slow as real tibia, got off and never played it again, sorry not sorry. If it was 2.5-3 rates, or some set of exp stages; to give a huge boost at low levels so players can fly past the boring stuff and get to the more exciting and adventurous part then I feel like that would help a lot.

Second is the lack of custom. I know that you have a lot of custom features such as boss battles, arena, mounts/addons, and weapon enchantments but you are missing the basics. There is only a small community of people who play custom RPG's: you can't except to have hundreds of players, since the majority of people are those who enjoy real map, evolutions, or super high exp servers. I can't speak for everyone but I know that I can only play custom RPG's if there is enough custom to give me a feeling of excitement and adventure. I'm not talking about this server specifically but I hate when people release a "custom server" and all it has is a custom map. Like no, that is not a custom server, it's just a custom map. If I wanted to see all the same old boring monsters, items, spells, vocations, etc.. that have been around for years I'd go play Tibia instead of an OT. With that said you don't have custom items which is a huge disappointment: yes I know you have weapon modification which looked pretty awesome from what I saw on the website, but the items themselves aren't custom which is lame. I never got farther on here so I'm not sure if there are any custom monsters. I know there are bosses and some rare creatures that can spawn which of course is nice, but I don't think there are any custom monsters aside from those (I could be wrong since I haven't got far) and if that is the case then it's boring. You know what items every monster can drop, how hard they are, the exp they wield, etc..
The server looks fantastic but I just can't bring myself to play a server still using Cipsofts cliche 4 vocations :/
With the low rate and same vocations, I feel like it's going to be much too similar to RL tib.
Another good point. I don't mind low rate as long as there is a ton of custom to make up for the lack of excitement, but not having custom vocations, or at least custom spells makes hunting very lackluster and gives you that real tibia feeling.

Lastly is the botters. I've heard so many people complain about botters and I don't blame them: I have a HUGE hatred towards botters and despise them. In a sense I don't blame the botters either because of how low rate the exp is so of course people will bot. The reason most people bot is because it's something repetitive or boring, that's why you need to give them something exciting to do, or make manual advantages to encourage them to not bot. You also need to be more serious about botters.
If the owners reset, increased the rates slightly and implemented strict anti bot rules(7 day ban first offense, account deletion second). The players would come.
This sounds more than fair. From reading previous posts I saw that the staff took a break for a while without informing the players which led to the rise of botters which created the effect of normal players quitting since they couldn't keep up or got power abused. If the server does get reset please don't let this happen again.

Not here to bash on the server or put negativeness towards it, but instead give some feedback and opinions. This server could have a lot of potential if a few things were changed and or managed differently.
I'm not sure if the owners are still around, but if they are, and are willing to give the server another shot then a few things need to happen. The server should be taken down and reset. After that's done take a look at
the server, see what you could add or improve: an exp raise is a must. You have 0 players right now, what do you have to lose? Even if players reach a high level after a month it's still better than the no players you have right now.
Botting will also need to be taken more seriously: don't be scared to punish people, you have to be ruthless when it comes to this. The last thing I have left to say is that if you do decide to reset the server and release it again you should delete this thread and start a new one with a few days notice so people have time to get ready, gather their friends, and build up for the release. Seeing an old thread makes the server less attractive.

Just wanted to let you know that I read your whole post.

For the guys who login from time to time. Tomorrow there'll be a version update, Nelvara now is 10.76 (also accepts 10.77 connection). If anything that was working before doesn't work now, please send a !report.

to be honest, iam bored right now. Wanted to play this server then i saw that its not resetted. So not gonna play it xd
And the really low exp rate is a problem for me too. Mak it at least 3x.