• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[SWEDEN] Vanderlay 10.41 - Customs, RL Map

Vanderlay

Back on track
Premium User
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

jSYkBsZ.jpg

So, who am I?
I'm a computer geek with a huge interest when it comes to development.
I've been coding websites for a few years and just started to develop OT-servers more seriously now.
Many years ago I had my own servers, together with @Mark and another friend called SoftCores and IceChaw.
Vanderlay Online was up for almost a month before the players voted on a reset and wanted a new fresh start since the server only had about 10 players online.
The server was up for almost a month with no downtimes, except for server updates.
You can view the old thread here: http://otland.net/threads/sweden-va...as-of-2014-11-26-will-be-up-next-week.223821/
As you can see there, I'm an very active host, trying to help the community and answer any questions, as well as I'm developing the server all the time.

What have I been doing these few days since the server closed?
I've been working on the battleground system a lot and making sure its working properly, and it does!
This system has taken a lot of time to create because of how the queue system works, its rather complicated.
I have also remade the entire website layout!
A few questlines in-game have been updated.

Computer specs:
  • 16gig ram
  • 4.1ghz quadcore CPU
  • 100/10mb's internet

Server information:

I'm using the databack from this thread: http://otland.net/threads/best-rele...ests-optimized-bug-fixing-open-source.204514/
Big creds to @Printer for the release.
Website AAC is based on Znote AAC, creds to @Znote for all the work.

IP: vanderlay.net
Website: http://vanderlay.net - Create your account and characters on the website.
Register account: http://vanderlay.net/register.php
Client: 10.41
Server Engine: 1.0
Real Tibia Map
NEW AB'DENDRIEL!
NEW VENORE!
NEW DERFIA!
NEW Roshamuul!
All cities including Zao, Gray Beach and the Gnome Base!
All NPCs!
100% quests with missions: Annihilator, Demon Helmet, Pits of Inferno, Hot Cuisine, The Queen Of Banshee Quest, The Inquisition Quest, In Service of Yalahar, Isle of Evil, The Djinn War, The Ancient Tombs, Dreamer's Challenge, Bright Sword, The Unnatural Selection quest, Banshee Quest, Demon Oak, Svargrond Arena and many more!
Razachai & Quirefang.
Killing in the Name of quest (tasks)
Gnomish Warzones!
All new spells!
100% Boats, Carpets and etc!
Offline training!
Tame System!
Kazordoon Wagons System!
Bank System!
Exp stages can be viewed at: http://vanderlay.net/serverinfo.php

I will be active with updating the server, fixing bugs and so on.
I'm a developer myself so I will be handling all the coding and currently there is only me in the team.

Customs:

Battleground system!

Video not available in your country? Try this one without audio:
Read more about this system on the website!
Note: The rating system is not released yet but will be within this or next week!

EQ Leveling system!
NEW Equipment leveling system!
Something to take notice about these changes is that leveling equipment only works on Helmets, Armors, Legs, Boots(only boots that has armor stats), Weapons(only works on distance weapons that has +atk) and Shields(also Spell books).
And you only level up the equipment that you currently is wearing!
Also, wands/rods do not display their stats, but they do get bonuses to their damage as well.

Viewing EQ stats, by typing !eqstats
t0kQThQ.png

Looking at an item:

Original stats: 1 armor - After leveled up: 2 armor
HgDzkxh.png

Original stats: 14atk, 12def - After leveled up: 15atk, 13def
Xm8oJup.png

Original stats: 16def, 3magic level - After leveled up: 17def, 4magic level
gplnAOf.png

WORLD DROPS!
These materials drop from ANY monster after you killed it.
It has a very low drop chance.
When using one of the items, it increases your stat by +1% permanently on your character!
You do not lose these stats when dying.

How it looks like when it drops:
CEkfQ23.png

The item will be placed into your inventory automatically. If you don't have inventory space, it will be placed on the ground.
Different types of material:

NEW PvP Power Modification:
This stat increases your damage towards players by +1%!
27VxZto.png

B5NJTQ4.png

2cwfL5Z.png

0YAGd8m.png

fdvrHMd.png

To view your current stats, type !stats
bzLNTGO.png

If you have any questions regarding the server or anything, you can contact me either in-game or at this forum.

I hope you enjoy the server!

Updates:
Code:
v0.22 
- Melian no longer costs gold when traveling. 
- Pino no longer costs gold when traveling. 
- Dual wield has been added. 
- As the drops for attribute materials has been increased, the amount that can be bought from the shop has been increased.

v0.21
- Attribute material is no longer an item. It gets used automatically on your character when found.
- You can now buy all blessings with !bless command as well
- Lifesteal stats has been added.
- Critical strike chance as been added.
- Piercing bolts ability(not the item) has been added.
- Using wands/rods now gains mana if the weapon is above level 10.
- Attribute drop rate has been increased.

v0.20
- Brodrosch NPC no longer costs -50 to travel.
- You are now able to tame a Gravedigger when using a Nail case.
- Fixed an issue regarding Marked Crate not being able to re-use after leaving the quest area.
- Fixed an issue with a water tile causing errors in console within the Wrath of the emporer quest.
- Chance to find attribute materials has been increased a lot.
- The rewards granted from Warzone 1, 2 and 3 are now correct.
- You will no longer be able to enter the boss room again if you killed the boss within 2 hours in respectively Warzone challenge.

Last edited:
Your video is not enabled for my country... Can you unblock it?, I wanna see it :))

I really enjoyed this server the first time and I'm tempted to rejoin, I just hope you'll consider making things a little more accessible and removing the long ass quest chains required to get to certain parts of the game.. (or at least make them optional). Especially considering the semi-high exp rates, I don't think anyone is looking to spend hours just trying to get into Razzachai.

Anyway, the custom features are great and I hope the server will see a little more popularity this time around.

I really enjoyed this server the first time and I'm tempted to rejoin, I just hope you'll consider making things a little more accessible and removing the long ass quest chains required to get to certain parts of the game.. (or at least make them optional). Especially considering the semi-high exp rates, I don't think anyone is looking to spend hours just trying to get into Razzachai.

Anyway, the custom features are great and I hope the server will see a little more popularity this time around.
Some questlines have been updated, such as Warzones. You don't have to complete every tiny little bit as you had to before.

I admire the fiery passion that @Vanderlay has showed in developing this project.
I hope it is a success and a fun times for the players.

Good luck!

Great job @Vanderlay

I didn't really play the first version due to barely any players but I did keep up with the thread and watched how acvtive you were and all the updates you constantly made to your server, you did a fantastic job and I am anticipating the next start on Friday, will be there for sure this time!

I think adding Arena 2v2, 3v3, would be awesome, perhaps with a ranking system (ELO?)
Otherwise it looks awesome.

I think adding Arena 2v2, 3v3, would be awesome, perhaps with a ranking system (ELO?)
Otherwise it looks awesome.

Since the aspect of tibia doesn't really allow much skill based player events, its hard to do a 2v2, 3v3 etc.
The minimum player amount for the arena will be 6, so 3v3, and maximum(if enough players in the queue) will be 20, 10v10.
Ranking system will be introduced within a week or two after launch, just to make sure everything is running as expected.

Since the aspect of tibia doesn't really allow much skill based player events, its hard to do a 2v2, 3v3 etc.
The minimum player amount for the arena will be 6, so 3v3, and maximum(if enough players in the queue) will be 20, 10v10.
Ranking system will be introduced within a week or two after launch, just to make sure everything is running as expected.
Great, ill try it out.

This is great that you are making an official open date!

For those wondering why this server was online before and got shut down, to be re-opened..
last time it was opened without any early announcement, on the day it was advertised. And not many people knew about the project before there was already high level players on the server.
I hope people actually read through everything on this website (Recommend) and realise how much potential this server has.
These features are something very unique!
It brings a new style of play!
Battlegrounds is something completely new to tibia and should be very enjoyable. ( http://vanderlay.net/#battleground )
I hope every player who looks at this thread creates an account and tests the server, I guarantee its something you never tried and will enjoy.

Best of luck with this project.
Regards,
Tempz

Ill be there, Good luck!

Greetings, Liro.

Edit: Perhaps instead of RL map, adding a custom one? or some custom features (monsters, spells, vocations)... Its just a suggestion for a future.

what is your plan against botting?

seems a very professional server, good luck!

what is your plan against botting?

seems a very professional server, good luck!
You are allowed to use a bot with some rules:

• You are only allowed to use a bot if you are NOT afk.
  • Since you are not allowed to AFK-bot, you are not allowed to bot multiple characters, as you would be afk on all other characters except for one.
  • You are not allowed to use the bot to abuse the nature of PvP, using tools such as magebombing, combo attacks and/or heal characters.

More rules might come up later on, but these are the main rules for now.
Going to update the website regarding the rules as well.

Not allowing botting is something that is hard to accomplish,
The majority of players use bots.. don't try disagree with this, whether its a heal bot/cavebot/or just simply full light.

I think in early stages of the server botters should be let off with less of a punishment, not implying that they should be allowed to afk bot or anything.
Just while server takes a few days to gain players you cannot be banning players for small reasons such as using heal bot (pot friend) or something along them lines, It just makes sense to try maintain players in the server untill you are happy with a certain number of people actively playing your server.
That is when you can start taking vital actions against botters for, Botting afk and so on.

Just my opinion ;D

Returning players will get the following
  • If your character was promoted before the reset, you will still be promoted
  • If your character is promoted, you will start with 1,800 more gold than other players.
  • Every returning character will start with +25% in all attribute stats, except for PvP Power which will get +5%.
  • All donation points will be restored to your account so you can spend them again.
  • More things might come before the release.

Update:
v0.19
- World drops have been tweaked to prevent players from hunting weak monsters just to get the drops. You must gain atleast 3,000 experience points from a monster in order to be able to find attribute materials.
- PvP Power attribute has had its drop chance decreased.
- Teleports in Warzones has been fixed to correctly teleport players.

Last edited:
:( Giving players advantages over other players on start? Not so cool. But eh, who am i to tell you what to do.. :p

Really should consider not giving some players extra attribute stats.. Returning their donation points is completely understandable as this is something they pay real money for.
But a fresh start should mean fresh characters for everyone.