• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Unable to Edit Map - Repeated Error - Please Help

xSable

Reaction score
So here's the deal. I wanted to get back into OTs. Used to run two servers, everything worked fine. Used an 8.6 and a 7.6.

I wanted to start up a 7.6, but now I'm having an issue. A major issue.

From the beginning:

Downloaded the Yurots Server release for 7.6 from open-tibia.com to get started.

Downloaded RME, because mapping is the first thing I worry about, being the ground zero for my server.

(Side note, I can't find any working link to an item editor for 7.6. Any help with that is also appreciated.)

First, I open the server after changing the IP in config file. Then I use an IP changer (Asprate) and a 7.6 client, and login. It works just fine. No issues at all. I even moved all three characters to the point where I would be editing beforehand, so I wouldn't need to deal with the issue of changing their coords. I logout, and close the server.

So now I open up the map in RME, test.otbm is it's name. I don't change the name in anyway throughout this, so I don't need to change the config for which map to load.

After all of my editing, I save the map, close RME, and attempt to open up the server again. I want to see how it's looking in Tibia. Unfortunately, the black cmd window starts up, and disappears. It happens so fast I can't even see what it says. So I keep trying and trying, and what I can make out is this.

"FATAL: couldn't determine map format! exiting2"

Why is this happening?

I tried it again with the Thunder Tiger release, and same drill, it all works no problem. Different server, different map.
I changed 2 floor tiles, and saved, and when I tried to load it, same issue.

Help me please, this is a huge issue.

Without a map, there is no server. Period.

-X

I managed to get a screenshot of the Thunder Tiger cmd window when it was happening. NOTE: Even though it says SimOne in map description, that's just what was saved on that map. I used RME.

i39jro.png

Attachments

Last edited:
The year is 2023. I lost hope. I don't think I'll get to make any changes to my 7.6 map. I think I have to go to a higher version :(
Late reply, so sorry bud.

I used simones to do a bunch of changes.

And I think I got to a workaround but haven't tested it since I started fiddling again.
It's only 50% that it works, but I think I mapped some on remeres, saved the map, opened the map in simones and saved again to be able to run it. You could try that method and get back to this post to see if I remember it correctly or not.

I don't know why I never replied to the forum after finding a semi solution, such an a-hole with a bad memory...

One final note tho is that simones is rough to use because atleast to me it had a hard time keeping up, so u'd have to have patience haha.

I just found solution for this. To fix it i have found good simeone map editor and its working.. Server already ONLINE 87.167.139.11
I will test it. ACC maker pass 1/1
Post automatically merged:

So here's the deal. I wanted to get back into OTs. Used to run two servers, everything worked fine. Used an 8.6 and a 7.6.

I wanted to start up a 7.6, but now I'm having an issue. A major issue.

From the beginning:

Downloaded the Yurots Server release for 7.6 from open-tibia.com to get started.

Downloaded RME, because mapping is the first thing I worry about, being the ground zero for my server.

(Side note, I can't find any working link to an item editor for 7.6. Any help with that is also appreciated.)

First, I open the server after changing the IP in config file. Then I use an IP changer (Asprate) and a 7.6 client, and login. It works just fine. No issues at all. I even moved all three characters to the point where I would be editing beforehand, so I wouldn't need to deal with the issue of changing their coords. I logout, and close the server.

So now I open up the map in RME, test.otbm is it's name. I don't change the name in anyway throughout this, so I don't need to change the config for which map to load.

After all of my editing, I save the map, close RME, and attempt to open up the server again. I want to see how it's looking in Tibia. Unfortunately, the black cmd window starts up, and disappears. It happens so fast I can't even see what it says. So I keep trying and trying, and what I can make out is this.

"FATAL: couldn't determine map format! exiting2"

Why is this happening?

I tried it again with the Thunder Tiger release, and same drill, it all works no problem. Different server, different map.
I changed 2 floor tiles, and saved, and when I tried to load it, same issue.

Help me please, this is a huge issue.

Without a map, there is no server. Period.

-X

I managed to get a screenshot of the Thunder Tiger cmd window when it was happening. NOTE: Even though it says SimOne in map description, that's just what was saved on that map. I used RME.

i39jro.png
up

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2023-11-06 192837.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2023-11-06 192837.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 2 · VirusTotal
Back