• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[United States] Cyntara [8.7] - Custom Map!

Red

Cyntara.org
Staff member
Global Moderator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
2jdp5cw.png
npl2du.png
xkx6ja.png
Credits: Divise

Prelude:

Greetings, I'm Red, as I would hope that at least the majority of you know me, or have seen me posting here before. I would like to show you all a bit of work I've done on my server, Cyntara, over the past few months. I'm releasing the server on April 1, 2011 - 3:00PM EST. and I would like to get some final suggestions for players who like custom/RoXoR maps to try and make my server as successful as it can be. Once I release the server, I will move this thread from discussion, to advertisement, and include IPs/etc. But for now, this as much of a prequel and information as I will provide toward the server. The rest will be information regarding the server.

Here are some picture panels. They read from left to right, top to bottom:

1. Our beautiful temple. This will be the first thing you see when you login. To the left is the beginner's area, and north is the general entrance to the teleport room.
2. This is how our teleport room looks. Cyntara has over 80 spawns where players can hunt and battle!
3. Cyntara has dozens of unique NPCs and NPC Systems. Queen Panda is the rebirth NPC. Once you reach level 1,200 you can ask her for a rebirth, and you will restart at level 15, with a big base health and mana boost. You can only do this once!
4. Cyntara has over 40 bosses! Some only spawn in raids, some spawn randomly in secret locations, and some bosses have set locations where they spawn. Most of the bosses in this image are some of Cyntara's most unique and difficult bosses. Each boss has a different variety of attacks, summons, environment, defenses, and strategy to defeating!
cyntara1.png

1. Cyntara has over 15 custom NPCs which sell certain items or allow you to start quests. Marathon Man Chan is an NPC that collects rare items that are difficult to obtain throughout the game. Either secret drops from common monsters, rare drops from bosses, or items that you get from completing other quests!
2. Bane Ka is the Dark Knight of Vanda quest. It's very similar to the Vampire Hunter Quest, where you can only receive tokens from Zombie Events (more on that next) and from killing Vampire Bosses that spawn randomly! After completing Bane Ka's task, you get the opportunity to fight a special boss, with a unique reward!
3. Like the Call of Duty games? Cyntara also has an automatic event that starts every day at 7:00PM EST. Nazi Zombies! A team of no less than 15 players can try their luck against multiple waves of Zombie invasions. If you die, you don't lose anything! But you get to keep all the experience you gain from killing Zomibes! Only certain attacks affect Zombies, so be careful! (AOEs won't work. So you have to shoot them!) This is one of Cyntara's few daily events. Cyntara also has Man Vs. Zombie, where players get split into teams of either humans or zombies. When a human dies, he becomes a Zombie, and the last human alive wins! Cyntara also has King of the Hill, and Capture The Flag events that are daily!
4. Cyntara has a copious amount of special modified items in-game. This is the best three sets of the four vocations. Cyntara also has a unique potion system, which you can read about on the website, which makes Cyntara have an 100% unique PvP feel. And with balanced vocations!
cyntara2.png

Server Info:

Cyntara is a high-rate experience server, with a rebirth option. This means you can achieve level 1,200 twice. And go beyond that, even.

Rates:
Code:
Magic Rate: 	32x
Skill Rate: 	650x
Loot Rate:	3x
Guild Level:	300
House Level: 	300

Experience Rates:

Code:
Level 1-50: 		1000x
Level 51-100: 		500x
Level 101-149: 		300x
Level 150-200: 		180x
Level 201-250: 		150x
Level 251-300: 		50x
Level 301-500: 		20x
Level 501-650: 		10x
Level 651-999: 		5x
Level 1000-1199: 	4x
Level 1200-1299: 	2x
Level 1300+ 		1x

PvP Information:

Code:
Protection Level: 			N/A
Experience for killing players: 	yes
Frags to Red Skull: 			7
Weekly frags to Red Skull: 		N/A
Monthly frags to Red Skull: 		N/A
Frags to Black skull: 			14
Frag Duration: 				7 minutes each

Custom Spells:
All:
Code:
Exito Sio - Mana Burn (uses 100% of mana)

Knight:
Code:
utani rai - Super Haste
cruor incurso - Blood Strike
augminis viris - Vigor Up: Increases all skills (20 second exhaust)
exori flam vita - Flame Berserk
exori rai - Fierce Berserk
augminis mas viris - Buffout (Like Vigor Up, for higher levels)
curatio vicis - Regen (Like Final Fantasy games)
exori mas rai - Berserker

Paladin:
Code:
Exori Con Rai - Super Ethreal Lance
utani rai - Super Haste
augminis distantia - Focus: Increases distance (20 second exhaust)
exevo san rai - Speedy Caldera
exori con hur - Fire Lance
augminis mas distantia - Lock-On (Like Focus, for higher levels)

Sorcerer:
Code:
venaliter - Curse (500 damage over few seconds *stackable*)
augminis patronus - Concentration: Raises magic level (20 second exhaust)
exevo gran mas mort - Void Core (Mort UE)
augminis mas patronus - Grand Concentration (Like Concentration, for higher levels)

Druid:
Code:
exura rai sio - Super Heal Friend
exevo gran mas mort - Void Core (Mort UE)
augminis patronus - Concentration: Raises magic level (20 second exhaust)
augminis mas patronus - Grand Concentration (Like Concentration, for higher levels)

Super Spells (Require Soul):
Code:
exorita con - Swift Strike - Paladin
exorita - Blitz Berserk - Knight
exevo gran rai lux - Special Beam Cannon - Sorcerers
exevo mas rai - Burnout - Mages
exura mas rai res - Invigorate (Heals health/mana like exura gran mas res) - Druids
exevo tera rai - Soul Terra Wave - Druids 
Exevo Rai Hur - Soul Energy Wave - Sorcerers

Conclusion:

Players have to be getting sick of nothing besides "RL MAP 24/7 W/ ZAO". This is my alternative.

Cyntara has been hosted for two years, and since its creation, has never had more than a day's worth of downtime. I've been working on and off this project for the entire duration, and most of the work is done 100% by me. (I take no credit for the advanced scripting. It's mostly RoXoR team & Chojrak). I thank everybody for who made all of this possible. There's a lot of you, I don't have all your names, unfortunately.

Connection Information:

IP: Cyntara.servegame.com
Port: 7171
Client: 8.7
Web: http://cyntara.servegame.com/
Download the Custom Client!

Thanks for reading.
Red

Last edited:
Always glad to see another custom server, especially when the owner is a good friend.

Good luck with it.

Two hours after release. A frenzy of players trying to finish a quest!

cyntaraday1.png

Day 2 - War breaks out!

cyntaraday2.png

cyntaraday22.png

cyntaraday23.png

This thread has had quite a few viewers, but only one post.
If you provide me with some genuine criticism, I'll give you some reputation. But you have to earn it.

Red

Last edited:
ban br's n' mexican's that cant speak English.

/kidding.

its actually a nice server, altho, I've heard that it's kinda like a pay2play, if its not, I would join.

ban br's n' mexican's that cant speak English.

/kidding.

its actually a nice server, altho, I've heard that it's kinda like a pay2play, if its not, I would join.

It was like that until about August of last year. We introduced a whole area for non-donors only, and they have almost identical (but lowered) stats of donor equipment. For example, a full donor level 600 shouldn't be able to kill a level 600 without any donors. A full donor level 1k should have significant problems trying to kill a level 600 non donor. Three non-donors should easily be able to kill a full donor. I didn't get to see a lot of donor vs. non-donor pre-5.0 release (release in three days) because non-donors would stay in their designated area past level 600 (which is now not possible).

Any further discussion would be very much appreciated. But I'll look at the differences between donors & non-donors carefully before the final release, thanks for the tip.

Red

Looks nice, I'll give it a try =) xD

BTW : Where will you host it? plx Europe :d

Host it in us so no lag D:

and ye i would play this server looks realy nice and i bet you worked hard on it

to make it better maybe add a quest that gives you a potion that raises ml for mages/dist for pallys/skills for knights

and maybe a quest at level 1k for a custom spell for your vocation.

Well, please wait until our update / player reset on the first. (I'm also not providing an IP on this thread):

I suppose that's another piece of discussion I should bring to the board. I have plans on definitely hosting it in North America. (This is always where Cyntara has been hosted) Although, if I have a huge influx of European players that desire to play a server like Cyntara, I'll definitely open up a server in Europe, too. I'm just curious as to how many [Europeans] would be interested in playing.

Host it in us so no lag D:

and ye i would play this server looks realy nice and i bet you worked hard on it

to make it better maybe add a quest that gives you a potion that raises ml for mages/dist for pallys/skills for knights

and maybe a quest at level 1k for a custom spell for your vocation.

There will definitely be one hosted in the USA.
And you're talking about berserk/mastermind/bullseye potions?
I like the idea of a quest to use custom spells (we have 30 custom spells). Perhaps I should make our super spells require a completed quest to use!

Red

Last edited:
Well, please wait until our update / player reset on the first. (I'm also not providing an IP on this thread):

I suppose that's another piece of discussion I should bring to the board. I have plans on definitely hosting it in North America. (This is always where Cyntara has been hosted) Although, if I have a huge influx of European players that desire to play a server like Cyntara, I'll definitely open up a server in Europe, too. I'm just curious as to how many [Europeans] would be interested in playing.

I like the idea of a quest to use custom spells (we have over 30 custom spells). Perhaps I should make our super spells require a completed quest to use!

Red

Ok then cant you make a list of europeans who wanna play on ur main post? (and europeans who wanna play will post here / PM u) and ull add them to the list, and then when its like uhmm I donno 20? how many u want, U can open? =) I bet it will be 50~ online minimum :p

A general idea of the following, if I may have a moment of your time:

1 Would you play Cyntara? (If no, then why not)
2 Would you suggest it your friends?
3 What would you suggest to make the server better? (please explain if it's not obvious why)
4 What would you like to see more of? (I can post screenshots)
5 What could I add to make this server better?
6 Anything else you want to include. (I hate you, this server sucks, RoXoRs are dead, etc.)

1. Sure I'd test it out to see what's changed.
2. Yes because it's more fun to play with friends
3. Maybe add a storyline? TP ots are somewhat boring but if you add a storyline it'd stand out and add something different..
4. Spawn ss's
5. Add random raids throughout the week and do them only once in a while to make them special.
6. I've played the last cyntara and I got bored because either things were REALLY difficult or things were really easy.. Imo facepalm easy is boring since it's not challenging and facerake instant death is a waste of time.. balancing monsters could be a good idea.. you want players to be challenged with a chance to kill things.

Goodluck with the server ;D

I like the idea of a quest to use custom spells (we have 30 custom spells). Perhaps I should make our super spells require a completed quest to use!

Red

na i mean a potion that raises the ml/dist/and skills perminently when drinking the potion

Ok then cant you make a list of europeans who wanna play on ur main post? (and europeans who wanna play will post here / PM u) and ull add them to the list, and then when its like uhmm I donno 20? how many u want, U can open? =) I bet it will be 50~ online minimum :p

I've edited my second post.

3. Maybe add a storyline? TP ots are somewhat boring but if you add a storyline it'd stand out and add something different..

A storyline, huh? I'm sure I could think of something! I'll add that to my list of ideas!

4. Spawn ss's
5. Add random raids throughout the week and do them only once in a while to make them special.
6. I've played the last cyntara and I got bored because either things were REALLY difficult or things were really easy.. Imo facepalm easy is boring since it's not challenging and facerake instant death is a waste of time.. balancing monsters could be a good idea.. you want players to be challenged with a chance to kill things.

Goodluck with the server ;D

I'll post some more screenshots if I get a chance. Composing those took quite a while. I also have on my list that more raids should be added to make the server more fun. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks so.
I'm not sure exactly at which levels players are hitting a wall at when it comes to leveling becoming difficult (can you remember from an older version of Cyntara when it went from "facepalm" or "facerake"?
Thank you for your feedback!

na i mean a potion that raises the ml/dist/and skills perminently when drinking the potion

Alright, I've got that on my list. I like that idea!

I will give it a try ;)
+1 lookin good

Thank you both, are either of you from USA or Europe? And if so, can I add you to the Europe list?

Red

I'm not sure if I want a USA hosted server and Europian. Since I played last cyntara map which was hosted in the USA and I didn't really get that much lagg I don't bother playing on a map from the USA. I guess if both europe and usa players play on the same map there would be bigger wars out there.

Pira~

I agree with the one up, I mostly don't have laggs on EU servers, but im from Europe, so you could add me there ^^

I've decided that there will be a Cyntara release in Europe if there is an abundant amount of players on our USA host that want to play lag-free. If not, then we'll just keep Cyntara in America.

Red

haha saw youtube video of ur server getting magebombed ;p

There are a lot of YouTube videos from earlier versions of Cyntara!
Today we have finalized our fixes with the differences between donors & non-donors. There is now a much smaller significance between donors & non-donors, where non-donors should be able to compete and hold their ground respectively.

Tomorrow is our update to Cyntara 5.0 - Which means this thread will include an IP address & website information, and also be moved to Advertisement board.

Any last-minute feedback is very appreciated, and I will still give you reputation for your help!
Red