• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] DeathZot 8.60 | Custom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two questions:
1) Why are DDoS protection plans out of the question? Considering all the donations to the server it doesn't seem so expensive. Aren't donations supposed to go towards the development and bettering of the server?
2) Regarding your break from the server... isn't hosting this server something you do for fun? I mean, if the server feels like a job (to the point where you need to take a break from it) then I'm not sure it's a good idea to keep hosting it. Plus, the timing of this break couldn't possibly be worse: during the middle of a really important update? Especially considering there are no other GMs to take care of the server (except Xagul but he barely logs in). I've talked to a bunch of people who wanted to talk to a GM about bugs/donation issues/custom houses/etc but they just couldn't find anyone. People can't even report bugs, since the only method of talking to a GM is through this thread and if a bug was posted here then everyone else would go and abuse it.

DDoS protection services are meant for companies, not teenagers running online games.

Based on the amount of traffic that flooded DeathZot, it would cost an additional 1800$ a month ontop of a base fee of 169$ for the dedicated server.

2000$ + tax a month to host DeathZot? Based on the amount of donations the server gets for it's player base, I would need at least 3x more players who are willing to donate to afford that.

Also, taking a break for me is 3-4 days which would be the biggest break I've taken from the server as of yet, and I still worked a little on the server over those days.

I'm sure this isn't the only server that gets DDoSed. How do other servers manage to stay alive but this one may get shut down because of it? That's what I'm asking. I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm just genuinely interested. I've put time into this server as well and wouldn't like to see it shut down.
And I don't intend to say that you can't take a break, that would be silly. But during this time (middle of important update), and considering the amount of active GMs (zero), I wouldn't exactly call it a good idea.

Why not look at the logs of the connections if u ever get a chance and see who is sending a lot of packets and what kind of packets. Then just block that kind of packet and that ip/ips?

Why not look at the logs of the connections if u ever get a chance and see who is sending a lot of packets and what kind of packets. Then just block that kind of packet and that ip/ips?

Easier said then done, and people can change there ips, only way you would be able to do is block MACs which is a largest and more complicated process

lol mac is just as easy to spoof. Trust me Im a network guy. Like i was saying though u can look at connection logs and see what is out of place and just block that kind of incoming traffic.

Plus banning the ip would stop the current attacks if the program doesnt do a random ip change in it every so often. Which most of them don't.

I seen this comin thats why I sold all my stuff. It was fun while it lasted and $350.00 made from nothing is pretty decent too :)

If anyone finds another decent server pm me ill try it out

I can't believe you guys think its over? when did HE say it was done? he didn't he is just having troubles atm with his dedicated host... so stop assuming.

Last edited:

Because the current hosting company I'm with is null routing my server because of the excessive amounts of traffic it is receiving. They are blocking my server the instant it gets the attacks because they don't want my server's problems to interfere with their network.

Because the current hosting company I'm with is null routing my server because of the excessive amounts of traffic it is receiving. They are blocking my server the instant it gets the attacks because they don't want my server's problems to interfere with their network.

Well you said that your about to get another host. When you do just watch out for the attacks and block the packets then.

I can't believe you guys think its over? when did HE say it was done? he didn't he is just having troubles atm with his dedicated host... so stop assuming.

Also this, I haven't given up on DeathZot I just thought I'd let you guys know whats going on

when someone DDoS's a server its usuaully not THEIR IP they are pinging it from, its a botnet which is a program that uses a bunch of other computers to DDoS, not actually theirs.

i just hope we can play soon xD but i doubt it, probebly we have to w8 till about the same time as yesterday, so 7hours togo.

So I still haven't heard back from the dedicated company whether or not they will be enabling the server again or not. I still cannot access it because they null routed the IP. I wonder if they will even give me access to it to get the latest database backup.. Anyways, hopefully I get the temporary host soon (it will be in Sweden, so be prepared for 200~300 ping.. but it's better then nothing right?)

So I still haven't heard back from the dedicated company whether or not they will be enabling the server again or not. I still cannot access it because they null routed the IP. I wonder if they will even give me access to it to get the latest database backup.. Anyways, hopefully I get the temporary host soon (it will be in Sweden, so be prepared for 200~300 ping.. but it's better then nothing right?)

cant get a temporary host in the states?!

so i still haven't heard back from the dedicated company whether or not they will be enabling the server again or not. I still cannot access it because they null routed the ip. I wonder if they will even give me access to it to get the latest database backup.. Anyways, hopefully i get the temporary host soon (it will be in sweden, so be prepared for 200~300 ping.. But it's better then nothing right?)

bring server up now ! I have withdrawl ! Need deathzot nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Well i think only 50% of the population of the server would mind the servers going to swe becuese the other 50 % lives in europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back