• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Rise Of Abbadon 8.60 - 100% Custom RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mages are not useless at all, as a archer you need to aim your volley to hit creatures and avoid hitting players, mages can just use a strike spell. Archers need to stop, turn, aim volley, and then cast the spell. Mages can just keep shoot wand plus stike spell and keep running.

If you run away from me, you being a mage and I being a archer, I cannot volley you in most cases if the mage runs a little bit smart. While you can keep casting strike spells on me.

only sorcs have strike spells
and if you are a druid u either have to be next to the person in wolf form or within like 2 []s for earthquake...

mage are still useless. Got less hp then everyone. Deal less damage. Minions dies in 2 hits.
I can careless i can just pick another class but the mage just plain suck as it is.

I actually main a Sorcerer, I use skeletons all the time (they aren't supposed to tank, skeletons actually USE their health to do damage, and then heal back up depending on your magic level)

I actually use skeletons more than any other spell for a Sorcerer.

Mages are not useless at all, as a archer you need to aim your volley to hit creatures and avoid hitting players, mages can just use a strike spell. Archers need to stop, turn, aim volley, and then cast the spell. Mages can just keep shoot wand plus stike spell and keep running.

If you run away from me, you being a mage and I being a archer, I cannot volley you in most cases if the mage runs a little bit smart. While you can keep casting strike spells on me.

Seriously without haste if you cant aim your volley in a 60second fight your need to stop playing.

If you go to kill a mage he cant run since everything just backspawn so its a 100% dead rate unless the paly is you i guess.

Seriously without haste if you cant aim your volley in a 60second fight your need to stop playing.

If you go to kill a mage he cant run since everything just backspawn so its a 100% dead rate unless the paly is you i guess.

In My experience no vocation can "really" solo another without help OR luck.

I have seen people get killed, but it isn't "unfair" it is after a long battle where both sides had a chance of winning.

In My experience no vocation can "really" solo another without help OR luck.

I have seen people get killed, but it isn't "unfair" it is after a long battle where both sides had a chance of winning.

See that is where your wrong sir. A level 25 sorcerer vs a level 25 paladin with full tier 1 with t2 weapons. The Paladin wins with a 1 shot kill due to volley.

See that is where your wrong sir. A level 25 sorcerer vs a level 25 paladin with full tier 1 with t2 weapons. The Paladin wins with a 1 shot kill due to volley.

I do agree Volley is powerful, maybe even too powerful, but to say a sorcerer gets 1 hit by a paladin is a bit of an stretch.
If you let them hit you point blank, you have a high chance of dieing (Currently it hits twice in the first square). But other than that the battle should be pretty even.

I do not agree, I do not think volley is OP.

It depens on several factors;

1. Can the archer close the gap between him and the guy he is trying to volley?
2. Can the mage/knight increase the gap between him and the guy who is trying to pk him.
3. Does the archer have enough pots to stay alive while chasing him, because the sorc is using wand+strike spell
4. If it is a group fight, the archer can almost never use volley since he will hit his teammates.

Now compair this; a sorc that can spam the strike spell, and a archer that can hit a volley once every ~5 or 6 seconds.
In this case, I think that the volley should indeed hit hard, because he cannot hit so often.

I do agree Volley is powerful, maybe even too powerful, but to say a sorcerer gets 1 hit by a paladin is a bit of an stretch.
If you let them hit you point blank, you have a high chance of dieing (Currently it hits twice in the first square). But other than that the battle should be pretty even.

But see there is another problem you have no choice but to get close due to no good attack spell and skeletons die fast and they are slow.. all the paladin has to do is volley once and rape all three skeleton's.

i accedently killed dr feelgood with 1 volley when he wolf formed and his auto follow walked him in front of me, it is possible
Edit- in pvp no one seems to run either lol

i accedently killed dr feelgood with 1 volley when he wolf formed and his auto follow walked him in front of me, it is possible
Edit- in pvp no one seems to run either lol

LOL I was there... What a mess...

About the tier EQ drops. I read the update on page 83 and since the website and stuff is down I don't know if you already addressed this or not, but if a tier 2 mini boss drops only tier 1 eq, i dont see any way for people to advance passed tier 3 if they are EXTREMELY lucky. Perhaps tier 2 monsters should drop tier 1 and tier 2 eq, tier 3 monsters tier 2 and tier 3 eq, etc. This would allow for people to hunt their eq they need in order to continue hunting the higher tier monsters as well as give access to higher tier armor to the mid level players that might be having a hard time in the 8-50 area.

yea i see no real incentive to hunt higher enemys seeing as how is the same loot,less exp/hour, and i can die
if all we ever get is t1 drops i belive no one will ever ever have a t5

Not only that, but if you are forced to hunt say dragons with tier 1 eq, you are gonna have to wait an additional 10-20 levels in order to even think about it. This is why we have alpha testing, though. To brainstorm these ideas and get them implemented is the best thing an OT developer can do. So thank you Heartless, for having a heart! xD

Not only that, but if you are forced to hunt say dragons with tier 1 eq, you are gonna have to wait an additional 10-20 levels in order to even think about it. This is why we have alpha testing, though. To brainstorm these ideas and get them implemented is the best thing an OT developer can do. So thank you Heartless, for having a heart! xD
just throwin this out there, im in full t2 dragons still hurt like hell

Status
Not open for further replies.