• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Rise Of Abbadon 8.60 - 100% Custom RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might crash again in about 3-4 hours, IF it does, means the server has a memory leak (As I feared)

We actually thought about that for Cleave and Wolf Shift, but we decided IF we did that no one would ever take it off so we changed it back.

"Mini bosses, mini bosses everywheres" - Diesel

soon to be a famous quote.

hey my name is mealy and i love this server its just like a real rpg its the best server out there no joking.

i hate this server because
well i dont really HATE anything.. ppl stealing loot is annoying and there isnt much content but i know there will be a lot more content after bugs are fixed... oh actually i hate that u can atk ppl in ur party
i like this server because
mini bosses are cool, i like the spells that are available and think its cool that u get 3 basic spells and they upgrade depending on ur promotion..
i'll post more if i can think of more to post

edit - i wish that u'd use my toggle idea for wolf shift.. u say no one would turn it off? just make it cost like 4 or 5 mana a second.. ud be using more mana than u regen so u'd have to use mana pots

I hate this server because im not #1. - character name is eternal

I think there should be some kind of tutorials for a new players (like me.) like what spells vocations can use, what kind of speciality they have, so it would be much easier to decide what kind of character you will make, but its still really good server.

i dont like how much more profitable it is to hunt lower end enemys that you can 1 shot as oppose to things that can 1shot you back(or dam near), tiger/wasp are missing boss, you should also be able to buy gear for alot less tokens now imo (maby 5-10), boss to elfs is way op(maby cyc also), allquest npcs are missing

Umm I hate this server because.. Well not too much to hate but hate that when u put your own traps down u can own urself by them lmao. ALso hate how stuff will hit other players like cleave or volley even if u don't have pvp on..

As for likes: Like how there's mini bosses makes it more fun.. Also how it's all custom :p umm can't really think of anymore atm. But i'll edit later when i think of stuff :p

The server has potential, but at the moment the server gets bored quite fast. Despite it not being that exciting I do want to come back every now and then. Unlike other servers to which I got a little addictive in the past is that I can't play here non-stop for many hours since I just get too bored.

The main reason for the boredom is that there are little changes for the players. You start at level 8 with a few spells and you won't get any new spell till level 50 which is a huge bummer for me since the way you hunt doesn't change at all.

There are only a few hunting places and you will be stuck there for quite some time since you won't be able to go t more dangerous monsters without quite a team, which isn't ideal either (more about that later). Not getting new spells plays a part in this. New spells are often a power boost that allows you to hunt something easier or allows you to go to the 'next' hunting area. Right now it takes you quite some hours of grinding at a small spawn with weak monsters that respawn very fast.
If you manage to kill more difficult monsters you will most likely die by the backspawn and if you do you loses quite some exp and skills which makes it take longer till you can hunt somewhere else.

You could hunt those more difficult monsters in a team, but the chance of getting a mini boss is much bigger than. With a nice team you will be fighting mini bosses almost non-stop which is good for the loot, but you are kinda fighting 3 monsters at the same time plus the non-mini boss monster which makes it much harder. Quest are already hard, but when almost every monster you kill becomes a mini boss and when some mini bosses die it becomes an other mini boss it's really hard. I would suggest not to increase the chance on a mini boss when hunting in a party but increasing the drop chance instead.

What I also miss is a story line or quests where you have to solve something. Right now there are only a few quests which are just run into the spawn, kill the mobs, open the chest or kill the boss quests. Only difference with other quests like those are that these are really due to a lot of monsters and/or the problem of fighting mini bosses non-stop.

I also wonder how vocations that focus on massive AoE damage will be useful in teams later on since they will most likely kill there own team members. I especially wonder this since spike traps paralyses team members, even on levels where pvp protection is on. This can really mess things up for your team mates.

They probably just upgrade it and with the tier token gets w/e they need? If upgrade works they keep going on and on?Thats what i do personnaly. Item trading aint really an economy to me. You got a currency called gold and the only plan you got for it is buy noob pots? Im just curious here many people like your server and im just trying to understand what you guys got on your mind and if I personnaly like it or not.

teams of warrior+healer and other class have no roles? Since everyone hits about the same i mean? Why would they bring other people on their hunt they rather share the loot in 2 rather then having a 4-5man group? Guess ill just wait and see how it turns out but those as been my personnal concern and will just tag along and see how it turns outin the end.

The tier trading won't be the only economy, at higher levels characters can make rings, and runes, and those will want to be sold, and also there will be quests that require items for outfits and addons

Also, when you get up to higher tiered equipment, just buying a T4 from another player will be -much- better then hoping that your T1 and T2 collection will actually upgrade.. it gets pretty hard to actually get the higher tiers of equipment.

Furthermore, I would like for people to stop referring to this server as it is live.. this is an ALPHA TEST, and the reason we have people on right now is to see how progression is with the current content there is.

Explained at top level.
hahaha....

Well besides all that .. let the crying begin because the server is off.

The server has potential, but at the moment the server gets bored quite fast. Despite it not being that exciting I do want to come back every now and then. Unlike other servers to which I got a little addictive in the past is that I can't play here non-stop for many hours since I just get too bored.

The main reason for the boredom is that there are little changes for the players. You start at level 8 with a few spells and you won't get any new spell till level 50 which is a huge bummer for me since the way you hunt doesn't change at all.

There are only a few hunting places and you will be stuck there for quite some time since you won't be able to go t more dangerous monsters without quite a team, which isn't ideal either (more about that later). Not getting new spells plays a part in this. New spells are often a power boost that allows you to hunt something easier or allows you to go to the 'next' hunting area. Right now it takes you quite some hours of grinding at a small spawn with weak monsters that respawn very fast.
If you manage to kill more difficult monsters you will most likely die by the backspawn and if you do you loses quite some exp and skills which makes it take longer till you can hunt somewhere else.

You could hunt those more difficult monsters in a team, but the chance of getting a mini boss is much bigger than. With a nice team you will be fighting mini bosses almost non-stop which is good for the loot, but you are kinda fighting 3 monsters at the same time plus the non-mini boss monster which makes it much harder. Quest are already hard, but when almost every monster you kill becomes a mini boss and when some mini bosses die it becomes an other mini boss it's really hard. I would suggest not to increase the chance on a mini boss when hunting in a party but increasing the drop chance instead.

What I also miss is a story line or quests where you have to solve something. Right now there are only a few quests which are just run into the spawn, kill the mobs, open the chest or kill the boss quests. Only difference with other quests like those are that these are really due to a lot of monsters and/or the problem of fighting mini bosses non-stop.

I also wonder how vocations that focus on massive AoE damage will be useful in teams later on since they will most likely kill there own team members. I especially wonder this since spike traps paralyses team members, even on levels where pvp protection is on. This can really mess things up for your team mates.

edit - i wish that u'd use my toggle idea for wolf shift.. u say no one would turn it off? just make it cost like 4 or 5 mana a second.. ud be using more mana than u regen so u'd have to use mana pots

We are thinking about it, We might do it for both Cleave and Wolf Shift. (We are thinking about taking the speed boost off of Wolf Shift since it is already so powerful... it makes Druids WAY too good in PvP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back