• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

World of Therran BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
34s322s.jpg

You cannot open large seashells to get giant shimmering pearl.
Some of the ocean floor tiles are giving more speed than it is supposed to. + they don't give you drowning condition.
Everytime you step on ocean floor it takes away 20hp due to drowning. It's wrong. It should give you drown condition and remove you 20hp per 5 sec, no matter on how many tiles you step or how long you stay in one position and there should not be a 'poff' effect when the drown condition is trying to remove your hps when you wear helmet of the deep.

Last edited:
@Explorer :

1. +1
2. Not really a bug, I put it on purpose there because the bridge leads to west and it's not until very late the road starts heading south. But I have fixed the sentence anyways.
3. ? Not a bug.
4. Nah, it's suppose to have the same weight as a normal scroll (0.50 oz) and has been fixed. +1
5. A portal close to / inside the temple kinda speaks for itself. Not a bug and will not be changed.
6. +1
7. +1 (he responds to brothers, but not brother)
8. +1 (also noticed spelling error in that sentence)
9. All descriptions have been fixed already, but is not in the game yet.
10. Same as 9.
11. Not a bug.
12. Yeah, another market bug. I get it, it's bugged. ^^
13. Speech bubble changed. +1
14. +1
15. A known issue.
16. A known issue.
17. A known issue.

Thanks for the reports. I'll add 7 points.

@Moj mistrz :
+2 points

Last edited:
You ask for feedback. OK. So here is the feedback.
For me this server lacks of some low lvl quests for cash(needed for promotion or house), no need to be big amount, but some quest like desert quest would be nice to see. You will say that you have a quest for ring of the sky which is worth 26k, but you should mention that you can sell it after Merchant Guild quest, which requires some nice level(you can meet giant spiders during the mission).
That was first thing.
Second thing is that the server lacks of some equipment quests for ek's or rp's(there's mostly quests for eq for mages like magma items etc.), like you won't find a quest for boh, nor for blue legs or somekind of bow, better than elvish(yes we have now a quest for arbalest, but still not for bow) or some equipment which raises skills like yalahari leg piece(prolly other name here).
AFAIK you can't buy rings in shop, still, why?
Rewards for tasks could be a little higher specially the experience, like killing 200 giant spiders is worth 4k exp. Rpg is rpg but still the exp is too low.

But overall the server is great, loved specially the spire quest, pharaoh quest, and for mapping the pyramid tomb and other tombs which are sword and club shaped xD. Still the server is worth playing, but needs some fixes there and there. :)
That's I all remember for now.
Have a nice day!

Last edited:
1. When looting bloody pincers, the loot message says "a bloody pincers".

PDdjESx.png

TtVFPNQ.png

G7NxsEq.png

qh93iIo.png

KfCgzTi.png

VAYETHd.png

I have put a big focus on increasing experience gains from the tasks already, so you will definitely be seeing that. NPC Joah in the Lumberjack Society sells rings, and also trades life crystals for life rings once you have completed his quest.

But yeah, more quests will definitely be appearing for low to mid levels in order to keep up in gold and equipment. And I will make sure to provide more bows and knight equipment, haha. :p

My feedback of stuffs that in my opinion should be revised:

1. The amount of monsters for each task. Your journey begins in Ramurika (or Darudon) and the first and easy task you can start with is at the east gate's guard (can't remember his name): 75 rotworms and 25 carrion worms (perfect). Then, you are asked to kill 200 cyclops, 200 giant spiders, etc. (randoms npc though). I think that there is a huge difference when hunting these monsters and the amount of the lasts one mentioned should be lowered a bit, like 120 cyclops and 150 giant spiders.

2. The lack of custom items: it's a custom tibia server, therefore unique stuff should be available (it doesn't mean new sprites). The helmet of the ancients customized (available through a quest) is a good example of what I mean.

3. I'm not an experienced mapper, yet I want to say something about the environment: some of the places I've been through are not well-detailed and it makes the environment boring: both surface/ground floor and mountains has the same tile in a few places around Ramurika. My suggestion here is to make it look a bit more detailed: play with 2-3 different type of tile (I'm not judging the mapper, it's just an opinion and I'm not looking to see it changed directly, it's just a tip).

Not pointing more stuff as Moj Mistrz has already written a few I wanted to say. That's all I'd say :)

I can tease you guys by saying that I have been modifying a lot of the tasks that I felt were a but too long for poor rewards. And most quests reward a bigger amount of experience now. And more quests (not tasks!) are to be added that are similar to Stinker's quest where you travel around and do different things.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Love to hear what you guys think and feel. :)

One more map bug:

f7VsnAw.png

I'll also chime in with how I feel about the server. First of all, I just want to say that I think you've done an amazing job so far. Most of the map is really well-done, and I really enjoy walking around exploring all the different areas. Quests are scattered all over the world and are not exclusively "standard" quests where you do this and that and then get some reward. Instead, there are also plenty of hidden/semi-secret or just hard-to-find quests that reward the player for exploring and searching for hidden content. I also love that a lot of areas have challengs for several level ranges, which motivates the player to further build on the character to be able to access the more difficult content that one can't yet reach. An example of this is the Minotaur dungeon with its many locked doors and quests.

With that being said, I'll continue with my thoughts of areas that can be improved upon. One thing that I would like to see is some kind of introduction to a questline early in the levels, say around level 20. This could be a quest that follows the player through levels 20-whatever which will further accentuate the "there's this goal I want to reach" feeling. It'll also make the player aware of that there are very cool and interesting quests in the server just waiting to be explored. For instance, I had no clue of the Merchants quest until like level 40 when someone mentioned it to me. I'd also like to see more questlines and intricate questing "functions/features", as I feel they make the world feel much more engaging. An example could be a quest where the player has to "lay out a bridge of 2 SQM or similar using planks", of course being instructed on how to do so by an NPC or thing. Essentially, more quests that stray away from the killtasks/key+door/hi I'm Smith return this item to me please kind of deal.

I have more thoughts on things I feel would add to the experience, but I'm running short on time. I might provide some additional feedback later on. :)

You can add a quest which is similar to Roshamuul bridge and wall tasks(not that long tasks) which could open some new content like @kokokoko said - repairing a bridge or remove some stones blocking the way. There's much possibilites to make gameplay even more enjoyable and provides team play to achieve something faster :).

A npc which appears like Yasir on global tibia and buys all creature products, would be awesome!
Mailboxes all over popular spawns(can be required quest done postman-like).

Last edited:
You can add a quest which is similar to Roshamuul bridge and wall tasks(not that long tasks) which could open some new content like @kokokoko said - repairing a bridge or remove some stones blocking the way. There's much possibilites to make gameplay even more enjoyable and provides team play to achieve something faster :).
This is already planned as future content. ;)

Mailboxes all over popular spawns(can be required quest done postman-like).
This was on the table before we opened BETA, we'll look at it again and see if we can implement it in a good way.

BETA is now offline. Thanks for all participants and congratulations to @Explorer for winning the Bug Statue!
We will accept all constructive feedback and suggestions you may have for the server while we work to get it officially online asap.

Edit:
It's now impossible to lose items if you die in a boss room. But you will still lose experience and skills (got to have some punishment, right?)

Last edited:
If you need any help on creating custom monsters, just message me. :)

As stated in my my first post:
It is important to know that your characters will NOT be saved once the BETA ends.

So yeah, once the official server goes online, you will need to make a new account and start over.

Me too! Is there any kind of timeframe for the servers official launch? Are we talking weeks or months? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back