• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Would you rather ..

Xikini

I whore myself out for likes
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Update: Added Question 9 - (12/02/2017, 10:33pm)

Titan Kingdoms, as it's been aptly named, is almost finished with it's core mechanics, and wants to start work on content decisions. Feel free to ask questions regarding each question as they relate to our server, however this isn't only for us! I'm sure this will turn into a good resource for other developers as well.

We realize that a good 90% of the playerbase will never see this thread, and of those that see the thread, only about 20-30% will post their opinions, but hopefully we will get some extra insight from some who would normally lurk in the shadows. :p

Have fun, and thanks for your responses.
If you have any questions or want to discuss the options further, or if you want to create an option C, feel free to post below, and I'll update this first post accordingly. :p

(1) Would you rather..
Be part of the creation of a server..
or
Simply play the server?

(2) Would you rather..
Lot's of quests, with lore and exploration being the forefront of activity..
or
Hunt creatures, collect loot, and become the most powerful/richest player on a given server?

(3) Would you rather..
Have multiple options to level up..
or
Have hunting creatures as the primary or only option to level up?

(4) Would you rather..
Would you like to have a level cap..
or
Not?

(5) Would you rather..
Have a place to view all updates..
or
Be surprised and pleased if you find something new?

(6) Would you rather..
Wait to hear about a server until it's fully ready to launch..
or
Be there for the development of a server from Alpha -> Beta -> Launch

(7) Would you rather..
Have a multitude of unique puzzles..
or
No puzzles please.

(8) Would you rather..
Standard boss monsters like regular tibia (higher hp / higher attack value)...
or
Unique boss fights, and/or a new mechanic for each boss type creature.

(9) Would you rather..
Have vocations to predetermine your spells/weapons/role in a team..
or
Have only one vocation capable of using any type of weapon/spell, but with unique limitations, such as a spell limit?

Armor/Weapons
How would you want to obtain them?

Would you rather..
Loot items like normal..
or
Or loot creature products, and have a blacksmith craft your gear?

Along with the blacksmith system..

Would you rather..
Only creature products to get gear..
or
Weapon/armor tier system. (Create Tier 1 armor, use Tier 1 armor to create Tier 2 armor, et cetera.)

Gotta head home, but that's some questions for now. :D

Last edited:
1) Be part of the creation of a server.. I guess because i know how to program :)
2) Lot's of quests, with lore and exploration being the forefront of activity.. But with some content dedicated to power gamers too, so the lore isn't mandatory and more players will be attracted
3) Have multiple options to level up.. Gaining xp through mining, crafting and other mechanics could be nice. But balancing must be taken into account!
4) Not. No way.
5) Depends, quality of life and mechanics updates should be easily available for all players, but content updates like new quests and areas could be more of a secret. You could say for example "There is a new continent named X with adventures waiting for you" without giving too much detail, like Tibia update teasers.
6) Be there for the development of a server from Alpha -> Beta -> Launch. I'm starting my own OTS project currently and soon i will probably discuss about the development in this forum too :D
7) What kind of puzzle?
8) Unique boss fights, and/or a new mechanic for each boss type creature. Only for important bosses. Mini bosses and area bosses could be stronger versions of normal creatures.
9) A mix of both. Gear could be rare/very rare drops, so crafting/smithing would play an important role but not be the only one option. Some items could be available only with smithing and some other items could be available only as rare monster drops.
10) Only creature products to get gear..

1. Simply play the server.
2. Lot's of quests, with lore and exploration being the forefront of activity.
3. Have multiple options to level up.
4. No level cap.
5. Have a place to view all updates.
6. Wait to hear about a server until it's fully ready to launch.
7. Have a multitude of unique puzzles.
8. Unique boss fights, and/or a new mechanic for each boss type creature.
Armor/Weapons:
"loot creature products, and have a blacksmith craft your gear"
"Weapon/armor tier system. (Create Tier 1 armor, use Tier 1 armor to create Tier 2 armor, et cetera.)"

(1) Would rather (C) do both, Lets enjoy the best of both worlds.

(2) Would rather (C) have a good lore that makes my brain work, and get emotional, but also the ocasional hunt for glory and be come a powerful adventurer .

(3) Would rather have multiple options to level up, Ex. Farm, quests, build, explore.

(4) Would rather no level cap but progressively harder than it is.

(5) Would rather its good to keep track of updates but with out spoiling all the beans.

(6) Would rather be there for the development. its always good to see the game develop from bare bones to fully functional game

(7) Would rather have a multitude of unique puzzles but with good clues not making it impossible or too RNG.

(8) Would you rather Unique Boss fights, and new mechanics for each boss type. (hate the standard just stand in one place and use the exploit for monsters not to move <-- -->)

Would rather (C) loot normal items, and have a blacksmith craft better gear. Making tires like Normal, Magic, Rare, Unique with in the same armor/wepon. inclusive be Soul Bound making in it only for that player.

I think my past answer gives you another for here too

1. Creating a server is often more fun than actually playing it imo, so i'd rather say both.
2. Lots and lots of quests.
3. Would rather have multiple options to level up instead of brainless grinding.
4. Depends on gameplay nature.
5. Have a place with updates, but written as vaguely as possible.
6. Server tests serve more a developer, so yeah, those are important.
7. Looots of puzzles again.
8. Unique boss mechanics for sure.
9. Crafting all of your stuff sounds fun, but shouldn't be too annoying. Like in case of time spent to get products.
-- Some of armors/weapons should be able to get from a quest of course.
10. Why not both?

Done. What's my personality profile, doc? :p

Perhaps post this additional question?

Would you rather..
Have vocations to per-determine your spells/weapons/Role in a team.
Or.
Have 1 Vocation capable of using many different types of spells with interchangeable limitations.

1. I would have to say both. If there are certain features I wish to see I'd like to be able to post them on a forum and have them possibly implemented. Then as I am playing the server I will get a taste of it and suggest ways to make it more fun and of a higher quality.

2. You can't really pick between those, or at least I can't. I enjoy lots of quests with influential lure. But at the same time I enjoy hunting creatures, collecting loot and trying to be at the top (aka most powerful and or richest player). The server should contain a healthy amount of both.

3. It depends on what the other options are on leveling up. I would prefer to have many ways to level up though. If you want to do some quests in order to level up then cool. If you are in the mood to go hunt monsters and find some cool items, why not get some exp as well. If you want to explore the world and find out it's secrets perhaps there could be some kind of exp reward for each new area you discover.

4. No because I don't like the idea of limiting players. If you release content faster than players can progress then there should be no reason for a level cap. Although.. I wouldn't exactly mind to much if there was a level cap, but only if there are other fun things to do. Now that I think about it a level cap might actually be interesting. There are always those players that PG non-stop just so they can be the highest level and avoid everything else the game offers. With a level cap it could encourage players to explore, get the best possible equipment, etc.. as long as there is still content to complete then a level cap doesn't seem so bad.

5. I think players should know and be able to view all the updates, but... some of the updates should be hidden within the words. Would also be cool to find some new surprises, but with some hints of course. Don't just add some random NPC that no one will ever find and not tell anyone haha.

6. I'm not a fan of Alpha's due to how little there is. A Beta is situational as in sometimes it can go bad and sometimes it can help. The thing with Alpha and Beta is that most players go into the server expecting a complete server that's polished to the max. Then when they find out there isn't much to do, there's lots of bugs, etc.. they get bored and will most likely never play it again. I have to say I don't enjoy Alpha and Beta all that much because of a few reasons. The first being that you'll play the server, do all the stuff and then once it's time for Launch you start over but you already know most things. It's not new and exciting because you already did a lot of it in Beta. The other reason is that I get a taste of the game and I want to keep playing it only to find out there isn't much to do and that I have to wait forever to potentially play the full game. With that said I still end up trying almost all Alpha/Beta servers lmao.

7. Multitude of unique puzzles? Hell yeah! Add in some riddles and other cool mysteries. The more the better!

8. Standard boss monsters are so boring.. It's just you sit there for however long and press the same keys over and over again. You don't need to really dodge or think about strategies. Add in lots of crazy cool boss mechanics for ALL bosses and some monsters. Make us think about how we fight bosses.

9. I would like a combination of both. I will always like the idea of being able to find equipment from monsters. Finding only creatures products seems pretty boring. Perhaps you could still find equipment from monsters and then with the creature products you can upgrade your equipment. So if you collect like 35 pieces of royal steel (creature drops) you could upgrade your plate armor (found from monsters) and turn it into royal steel armor (final product). I think there should be some super rare equipment drops and super rare creature drops. There are just so many way to get about this... I could make an endless list lol.

10. Only creature products is a boring way to go about it. Creating a tier 2 armor using the tier 1 armor is also not a fun system for me. You basically end up using your current equipment to upgrade it to the next piece. This means you will never be able to sell your equipment to players because you will always use it to make your next piece.

11. Why not have a combination of both creatures? Some that are lazy and do nothing special and then others that are complex and destroy you unless you know what you are doing. Just don't go to overboard.

12. I think I'd like to have vocations with per-determine to your spells/weapons. I like the idea of having a vocation with interchangeable limitations but it will be to hard to balance and I'm not really sure how it would turn out.

13. It would be cool to see secondary effects that alter your combat, but it depends on how it's made and in what ways it effects it.

1. Be apart of the creation and also of course being a player

2. Both, the more options the better. (to keep it interesting)

3. Both, the more options the better. (to keep it interesting)

4. Level cap is alright but that can in most instances will kill a player base if there isn't enough extra content to keep people around.

If you look at other online games with a level cap, when an expansion is released its usually cleared within a few days.

5. Of course we would like to know what the updates are even before they are released.

6. I think every server should have a test server accessible to all players.

7. Puzzles are great as long as it isn't the main focus of the server. (not many people like repetitive tasks)

8. Unique boss types would be great. Simply killing a boss as you would any other creature except it may have higher damage and more health isn't exactly fun or interesting.

9. No limitations on player creation unless the vocations role is truly unique and essential to advancing in the server.

Tier systems are nice but they should work hand and hand with one another. Equipment should have stats which directly affect the role or vocation of the player.

Thanks for the replies so far!
I appreciate all the time that was spent posting your thoughts!

I'll be going off this current information for the moment, however..
If anyone else wants to pipe in before we finalize our plans to move forward with content updates, please do so before the end of the week.

I read everything you guys say, and I love you for it.

(1) Would you rather..
Be part of the creation of a server..
Play the server because I could not create the server with no experience, but i only know how to make monsters :(

(2) Would you rather..
Hunt creatures, collect loot, and become the most powerful/richest player on a given server
Because its the only way to play tibia :D

(3) Would you rather..
Have multiple options to level up
Because its time to switch up tibia and put a plot twist into the boring grinding and stuff

(4) Would you rather..
Would you like to have a level cap
Yes, because it would make the game interesting without too op pvp and stuff

(5) Would you rather..
Have a place to view all updates
Because having to look for stuff, no one will do that not even on servers because signs have all the information but no one reads them rather than alone let people explore

(6) Would you rather..
Be there for the development of a server from Alpha -> Beta -> Launch
Because I would like to know the game before I play

(7) Would you rather..
Have a multitude of unique puzzles
Yes, because puzzles are fun and creative

(8) Would you rather..
Unique boss fights, and/or a new mechanic for each boss type creature
Because boring boss fights are boring if you just wait for atking and stuff you have to add some wow into the factor

(9) Would you rather..
Have vocations to predetermine your spells/weapons/role in a team
Yes, because a team is always needed to play games

Armor/Weapons
I would like to obtain them by getting creature products until i have enough to craft armors/weapons

Would you rather..
Or loot creature products, and have a blacksmith craft your gear

Along with the blacksmith system..

Would you rather..
Creature products because it will be easier to get rather than a tier system, i hate tier systems

I don't know if im welcome here but ill give my opinion as well :D

1) Both creating it and playing, but at this point of my life I doubt I have enough time to actively play.

2) A lot of different quests with different mechanics would be awesome

3) Different options to level up, maybe even some hunt places designed for parties with different vocations

4) No level cap

5) Some patch notes would be nice, a video explanation would be awesome!

6) I think seeing the development its always good and awesome, buuuut ofc with just the launch you get more impact.

7) Lots of puzzles with hints and easter eggs, the puzzles made originally (each )

8) Both would be really cool

9) Maybe a mix of both? Have limitations so vocations are still a thing but maybe some spells/abilities shared to every other voc but with a limit on how many can you choose.

By normal looting, only creature items and maybe some blacksmith/crafting with a chance to fail and break or waste material/items

:)

1. Be a part of the creation

2. Both, choosing either forces players to play a certain way, players should be able to choose how they want to play and what they want to do.

3. Multiple options, whether it be quests or finding secrets throughout the server, or just manually leveling up.

4. No level cap

5. Have a place to view all updates, but make them be patch notes, have them organized each patch

6. Be there for development, it helps fix bugs, figure out what needs fixing, balancing, etc.

7. Puzzles, but what kind of puzzles?

8. Both, but have unique bosses give more rewards

9. Vocations should have access to base spells, but maybe be able to learn more through quests/missions to keep it interesting

Armor/Weapons

Maybe loot regular items, and then craft better gear using normal pieces + creature products

Blacksmith system

Only use creature products

(1)
Simply play the server? -->
due to time limitations i would just rather play the server when it's finished although it's nice to work on something

(2)
Lot's of quests, with lore and exploration being the forefront of activity..
or
Hunt creatures, collect loot, and become the most powerful/richest player on a given server?

Both --> i like doing quest and exploring but still would be nice to have the option to just do some mindless hunting once in a while and getting some exp/loot at the same time ^^

(3)
Have multiple options to level up.. --> always nice to have multiple options when you get bored of one thing

(4)
No level cap --> there is no need for a level cap imo to make the game more interesting

(5)
Have a place to view all updates.. -->
yes please but no major spoilers, just like --> added this monster or added this quest and maybe a little hint to start looking where but nothing that spoils all the exploring fun :p

(6) Would you rather..
Wait to hear about a server until it's fully ready to launch.. --> although it's nice to get feedback from the community, it is still a very small part of your actual playing community that will give feedback/ having a full open beta also makes players lose interest in playing the actual server as they already rushed through the content. i prefer doing a small closed beta with trusted people (that can later be some kind of tutor or so on server) than a very short open beta to test how server handles more people online and then doing full release.

and personally again for me due to very little time to play nowadays i prefer to play a server that is ready ^^

(7)
Have a multitude of unique puzzles.. --> yes please , the more the better :D but i imagine that most people don't really like too much puzzles so don't make them obligatory to start playing but more endgame crucial stuff and maybe early/midgame to get some cool stuff but not mandatory

(8)
Standard boss monsters like regular tibia (higher hp / higher attack value)...
or
Unique boss fights, and/or a new mechanic for each boss type creature.

again both: cool unique boss fights are amazeballs but i also like the idea of minibosses which are just a stronger version of normal monsters but have the chance of dropping some cool unique loot (low chance ofcourse). People can then just go look for em to show of the juicy rares :D

(9)
Have vocations to predetermine your spells/weapons/role in a team.. --> it's easier for people to learn and also much easier for balancing. i haven't seen a server where the no vocations really was well designed and really enjoyable to play. in the end people tend to just recreate one of the original vocations.

(10)Armor/Weapons

again bit of both xD --> the feeling when looting that epic weapon or armor is one of the best feelings in the game ( ask the people who played tibialight server xD) but i also like some crafting system so you could add some upgrading system where you have the possibility to craft the armors but also can craft em (but difficult to make has to scale with rarity ofc) and then being able to upgrade these items with special creature products.

simple example with real tibia items (Srry @Alan xD): you loot knight armor and then have the possibility to upgrade in multiple ways; adding some dragon scales makes it more fortified (+ x armor), but adding some ice shards can make it more resistent to ice. then you can also have an item that removes the upgrade so that you can really modify it when you want.

(11)Would you rather..
or
Weapon/armor tier system. (Create Tier 1 armor, use Tier 1 armor to create Tier 2 armor, et cetera.)

nop: creature products can also be used for example for outfits but can also be implemented in puzzles (like have to sacrifice some stone wings or so to enter some place.
weapons and armor can be tiered but imo i just prefer having a upgrade system that is similar to tiers but that the higher tiered items can also just be looted and that you don't have to grind al the way to get that tiered item.

that was a lot of questions xD good luck ^^

(11)Would you rather..
or

nop: creature products can also be used for example for outfits but can also be implemented in puzzles (like have to sacrifice some stone wings or so to enter some place.
weapons and armor can be tiered but imo i just prefer having a upgrade system that is similar to tiers but that the higher tiered items can also just be looted and that you don't have to grind al the way to get that tiered item.

that was a lot of questions xD good luck ^^
Yeah, the creature products will have multiple uses, not just for gear creation.
To be more exact, almost every item in the game will have multiple purposes, but I just wanted to clarify that for you. :p

Thanks everyone. :cool:

Received this from another source, figured I'd share it here.

(1) Would you rather.. Be part of the creation of a server.. or Simply play the server? -------- both----------------
(2) Would you rather.. Lot's of quests, with lore and exploration being the forefront of activity.. or Hunt creatures, collect loot, and become the most powerful/richest player on a given server? ------------ first, always first -----------------
(3) Would you rather.. Have multiple options to level up.. or Have hunting creatures as the primary or only option to level up? ---------- First again------------
(4) Would you rather.. Would you like to have a level cap.. or Not? ------- Not--------------
(5) Would you rather.. Have a place to view all updates.. or Be surprised and pleased if you find something new? ----------- Both again, some secrets, someting you know what to expect---------------
(6) Would you rather.. Wait to hear about a server until it's fully ready to launch.. or Be there for the development of a server from Alpha -> Beta -> Launch ----------- Second, be there from start-------------
(7) Would you rather.. Have a multitude of unique puzzles.. or No puzzles please. ------ PUZZLES!!!!----------
(8) Would you rather.. Standard boss monsters like regular tibia (higher hp / higher attack value)... or Unique boss fights, and/or a new mechanic for each boss type creature. ---------------- Uique!-------
(9) Would you rather.. Have vocations to predetermine your spells/weapons/role in a team.. or Have only one vocation capable of using any type of weapon/spell, but with unique limitations, such as a spell limit? ----------- Hard one, Maby a mix of both?--------------
Armor/Weapons How would you want to obtain them? -------------- Loot or crafting-----------
Would you rather.. Loot items like normal.. or Or loot creature products, and have a blacksmith craft your gear? ------------- Both again, some items obtinable thru fights, and others thru crafting--------------
Would you rather.. Only creature products to get gear.. or Weapon/armor tier system. (Create Tier 1 armor, use Tier 1 armor to create Tier 2 armor, et cetera.) ------------ Second again, upgrade your current armor------------

Last edited:
(1) Simply play the server.
(2) Both. Lot's of quests, with lore and exploration being the forefront of activity. And hunt creatures, collect loot, and become the most powerful/richest player on a given server.
(3) Have multiple options to level up. I prefer Gothic-like system where monsters are just obstacles in my way.
(4) Yeah. I would like to have a level cap..
(5) I would like very vague teasers/trailers for new content.
(6) Wait to hear about a server until it's fully ready to launch..
(7) Have a multitude of unique puzzles.. But... You know... Do no go mental with them, because no matter what you do, the channels will be full of spam related to how finish them.
(8) Unique boss fights, and/or a new mechanic for each boss type creature.
(9) Have only one vocation capable of using any type of weapon/spell, but with unique limitations, such as a spell limit?
To be honest I like Skyrim system, so none restrictions would be better. Just keep capacity low and delete all of the retarded blessing so people who will try to be few vocations at once will suffer more when they die and lose few different types of EQ
(10) Armor/Weapons
Loot items like normal - for weak and medium items.
Loot creature products, and have a blacksmith craft your gear - for more powerful items.
(11) Along with the blacksmith system..
Both. Creature products to get gear and weapon/armor tier system, but without that stupid "You broke your armor" bullshit.

To be honest this is the worst place for questionnaire like that. This is OtLand. This is not forum for casual OTS players. I'm pretty much sure that most of our answers don't represent the general trends in preferences of players and if You listen to us you'll make yet another fancy/advanced but empty server.

Back