• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Rise Of Abbadon 8.60 - 100% Custom RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok lets take your theory into practice.
Lets say I'm a Bastard Child and soon as I hit level 30 I get bored of hunting and start mass killing.
What will I loot? - Mainly just backpacks
What will I drop? - My equipment and then I can't PK anymore.
Problem Solved.

I never have enough pots to hunt for more then 30 min. So every 30 min, I sell the loot and use the money to buy new pots. I never have any spare money. If I would lose my backpack, I would be stuck or have to hunt rotworms till I have enough cash for pots again.

Imagine a few level 20's that get killed by a level 30 guy. They are all stuck in-game so early. I'd rather lose a piece of EQ then my BP, because without my pots I'd be stuck. Cant hunt --> cant loot --> cant buy new pots.

Chance of dropping an item is still really low, and when it does happen, yes it WILL suck. But that is the point, it can't all be flowers, butterflies, blowjobs and hookers. There has to be some deathloss.

When I die, I lose about ~30 min of hunting. This seems like a fair deathloss to me, it sucks to die.
I loved the bounty hunter idea, that you can only lose items & bp when you have frags. Not only would this decrease random PK, it would also make you think about killing somebody that has done something to you. Losing about ~30 or 40 min of hunting seems like a very fair deathloss to me.

Ok and lets take your solution into practice.
Lets say I'm bored guy who starts mass murder at 30. I make several people lose their backpacks and perhaps items and exp (more than PVE) and I'm the only one who loses if dies, heck, I was bored, I don't really care if I lose something or not, I want to have fun pking.

& than it's easy enough that if you're REALLY worried , if you have it possible, you can have a friend hold you're shit (I'll have a level 19 character for this sole purpose)

& than it's easy enough that if you're REALLY worried , if you have it possible, you can have a friend hold you're shit (I'll have a level 19 character for this sole purpose)

We could always set all Equipment Items on a PZ player to Non-Moveable. SO you could toss your BP but not any of your EQ.

- - - Updated - - -

I never have enough pots to hunt for more then 30 min. So every 30 min, I sell the loot and use the money to buy new pots. I never have any spare money. If I would lose my backpack, I would be stuck or have to hunt rotworms till I have enough cash for pots again.

Rotworms and Carrion worms are the least amount of profit out of any monster in the entire game.
So that might be your problem.
I know people of every vocation that have over 50k right now... so I don't know how you aren't profiting.

hope ppl stop complaining soon about the exp. its a lowrate rpg server. and its an alpha. which makes you guys TEST and EXPLORE. not POWERLEVEL cause you will loose it anyways. nuff said. keep it up fapplander.

Rotworms and Carrion worms are the least amount of profit out of any monster in the entire game.
So that might be your problem.
I know people of every vocation that have over 50k right now... so I don't know how you aren't profiting.

I am a level 32 warrior hunting at cys mainly. The cyclops toe's are in a 30 min hunt always about ~1cc. I need 1cc of pots for about 30 min of hunting.

hope ppl stop complaining soon about the exp. its a lowrate rpg server. and its an alpha. which makes you guys TEST and EXPLORE. not POWERLEVEL cause you will loose it anyways. nuff said. keep it up fapplander.

If you were to test, and explore, wouldn't you think there would be slightly faster experience to help do all those things? At least that's personally what I think, for the real release this would be fine.

If you were to test, and explore, wouldn't you think there would be slightly faster experience to help do all those things? At least that's personally what I think, for the real release this would be fine.

No. Because the low experience is the sence behind a alpha. its to test EVERYTHING. EVEN the leveling speed

Is it going to stay at 1x exp after level 41 ?

No it will be at around 6x at level 40-44, then it will drop to 3x at 45-49, then at level 50 it will go back up to 6x.

The reason it is at 1x at level 40 is because level 50+ isn't ready yet. So it would be stupid of us to let you easily get level 50 before we are done.

- - - Updated - - -

I am a level 32 warrior hunting at cys mainly. The cyclops toe's are in a 30 min hunt always about ~1cc. I need 1cc of pots for about 30 min of hunting.

What are your skills?

No it will be at around 6x at level 40-44, then it will drop to 3x at 45-49, then at level 50 it will go back up to 6x.

The reason it is at 1x at level 40 is because level 50+ isn't ready yet. So it would be stupid of us to let you easily get level 50 before we are done.

Oh ok !! well those exp stages looks great.. I got scared for a minute that it would be 1x haha.. I totally understand why now !

Yep!.
The reason we want it to Dip at the last bit before you promote is. Those last 5 levels you'll really have to Power Game at 3x exp.
Then you'll get your promotion and enter a new area, so we boost your experience back to 6x so you can get used to it.
We will probably leave it at 6x unless we find people are leveling too fast, in that case we'll reduce it to 5x at level 70 then 4x at level 90.
We don't want it to be too hard to level, but we don't want someone able to PG to level 100 in 2 weeks just starting out. I could understand if you already HAD a level 100+ and you gave a T4 or T5 set to a level 8 to PG it, but when you first start it should take time to level.

Add 10 to both of those skills and you'll really feel yourself start to profit.
Every single skill really does add a LOT of damage and defense. (That's why we made training slow, so we can make skills really count)

I AM TRADING MY TIER 3 WAND FOR YOUR TIER 3 CROSSBOW!

PM me Ingame. - ***** Please

All us Admin's are still debating everything about the Bounty Hunter Update.

Here is my Opinion:
Personally, I love deathloss. It is the almost the sole reason tibia is such a great game.
It is SUPPOSED to be a terrible thing when you die, and you are supposed to avoid it at all costs.
You should also be rewarded for doing good in PvP, but you should be punished for mass random killings.
- Dropping your backpack isn't that bad: potions, shovel, rope, and loot can all be replaced.
- Dropping Equipment is worse, but with T1 items being easier to get now, even if you lost an item it would be pretty easy to replace it.

If you die by monsters we think you should lose LESS experience and Personally I'd say No Loot.
If you die by Players you should lose MORE experience and some loot.
We will probably start with really low Values on item drop and we can raise it if it feels too low.
I was also thinking about adding in a Revenge Kill Bonus. Where if you killed someone that killed you within a certain time you'd get a higher chance of getting loot.

What do you guys think?

I personally think that when you die to monsters, you should lose loot as well, and the EXP loss shouldn't be different between monsters and players.

You should always drop your backpack when you die, regardless of circumstances. (outside of AOLs, and etc).

You should also be able to drop more of your equipment pieces when you die in PVP, and also based on how many frags you got.

Skulls should be removed, because all a red skull does is tell the whole server that you will drop all your stuff when you die. If you want to find out how many frags someone has, you will have to visit the bounty hunter npcs in the game.

Bounty Hunters will keep a list of how many frags players in the game world have.

There will be different "outlaw" levels, and only the most notorious killers will be listed free of cost, but for a cost of gold you can look up any player in the game, or ask the npc to tell you about the "small fry" criminals.

Players will also be able to put bounty's on other players heads, and the "pay out" will be given to the person who brings back proof of that players death.

Killing notorious killers will also give pay out as well ,and reward you with bounty hunter points, which be turned in for various rewards (think outfits, and addons, and other interesting things).

Players can also visit the bounty hunter npcs to pay them off to get their frags taken away. The more notorious of a killer you are, the higher the cost to remove a frag. This also puts in an element of "counter play" to the frag system, so someone is never -forced- to just wait out their frags.

Because of how the bounty hunter system works, frag times will last a bit longer, but a player will never be banned for the amount of frags they have.

On revenge killing, I think the player should have 24 hours from the time they die to get "revenge" on who killed them. Revenge killing will always result with at least one piece of equipment dropped.

This post turned out to be a lot more serious then expected, but I also wanted to say I believe when a player dies, they should have to go on a soul journeying experience in the nether realm, before they can go back to the land of the living. This is so the player can re-piece their soul back together, and figure out how they can take better care of their life next time. Also, if a player dies too many dies within a short period of time, they will be unable to re-piece their soul back together, and will be unable to return to the land of the living.

ONE of these suggestions should be taken with a grain of salt.. it's up to you guys to figure out which one.

I personally think that when you die to monsters, you should lose loot as well, and the EXP loss shouldn't be different between monsters and players.

You should always drop your backpack when you die, regardless of circumstances. (outside of AOLs, and etc).

Lol, The reason me and Heartless thought no backpack loss from creatures was a good idea was ALOT of the time players are going to die (no matter what you do) in some circumstances due to our monster spawns being so fast.
- People are complaining NOW with no deathloss because they can't profit from monsters, If we made it even harder I am pretty scared a lot of people might just give up.

On revenge killing, I think the player should have 24 hours from the time they die to get "revenge" on who killed them. Revenge killing will always result with at least one piece of equipment dropped.

I think 24 hours is a BIT long. If I kill someone they should have to come get me before I lose PZ or they don't get anything extra. I don't want to have to stay in PZ for 24 hours just to ensure some idiot that was stealing my loot doesn't bring a team of 20 to take me out all day.

Lol, The reason me and Heartless thought no backpack loss from creatures was a good idea was ALOT of the time players are going to die (no matter what you do) in some circumstances due to our monster spawns being so fast.
- People are complaining NOW with no deathloss because they can't profit from monsters, If we made it even harder I am pretty scared a lot of people might just give up.

I think 24 hours is a BIT long. If I kill someone they should have to come get me before I lose PZ or they don't get anything extra. I don't want to have to stay in PZ for 24 hours just to ensure some idiot that was stealing my loot doesn't bring a team of 20 to take me out all day.

I don't think the backpack thing would be a big deal, it should be expected. I'll leave that one up to you guys.

As far as the revenge killing, 24 hours, or server save just feels right, and it also gives people a chance to "catch up" if say, it was a level 50 that killed a level 30. Again, either way this is implemented, will be fine to me.

Alright, so when I read that you'll have 6x I almost spilled out my drink...

This server needs insanely low exp, and why we are complaining about why it's so low is because it's Alpha at the moment, we want to be able to explore new areas and kill stuff faster, however...

On the official verision, I think that you should have the following rates...

8-20 10x
21-30 5x
31-40 3x
41-50 2x
50- 1x

I'm just gonna go ahead and point out that if you have 6x people will be 60-80 the first day of release, and trust me, you don't want that... People will quit insanely fast.

This is just my opinion, feel free to leave yours, but PLEASE, no 6x.

Alright, so when I read that you'll have 6x I almost spilled out my drink...

This server needs insanely low exp, and why we are complaining about why it's so low is because it's Alpha at the moment, we want to be able to explore new areas and kill stuff faster, however...

On the official verision, I think that you should have the following rates...

8-20 10x
21-30 5x
31-40 3x
41-50 2x
50- 1x

I'm just gonna go ahead and point out that if you have 6x people will be 60-80 the first day of release, and trust me, you don't want that... People will quit insanely fast.

This is just my opinion, feel free to leave yours, but PLEASE, no 6x.

Stages like that are without context. It should always be 1x exp, and players should be "rewarded" for killing monsters that are tough for their level.

Example: a level 8 should get 4x exp for killing a cyclops, but a level 50 should only get 1x

Stages are just the lazy way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back