• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

7.4 Mapping and porting SPR+DATA to 7.7

fschuindt

Reaction score
GitHub
fschuindt
Hello there, folks.

For long I'm planning to start mapping my own 7.4 map, but I found it really hard to do it with RME lacking auto borders. So I started to map it in 7.6 map hopping it would be possible to play it in a 7.7 server like OTHire or Nostalrius and to use a 7.7 client with 7.4 sprites and data over the new ones, so it would look just like a 7.4 version but with a 7.7 protocol.

My questions are:

• Is there already a 7.7 client with 7.4 sprites and data released out there or I'll need to do it myself?
  • Is that the right way to map a 7.4 map?
  • Also I noticed Nostalrius release notes says it won't work with RME, what happened?

Many thanks!

Hello there, folks.

For long I'm planning to start mapping my own 7.4 map, but I found it really hard to do it with RME lacking auto borders. So I started to map it in 7.6 map hopping it would be possible to play it in a 7.7 server like OTHire or Nostalrius and to use a 7.7 client with 7.4 sprites and data over the new ones, so it would look just like a 7.4 version but with a 7.7 protocol.

My questions are:

• Is there already a 7.7 client with 7.4 sprites and data released out there or I'll need to do it myself?
  • Is that the right way to map a 7.4 map?
  • Also I noticed Nostalrius release notes says it won't work with RME, what happened?
Many thanks!
1- yes, go to downlaods sections datapack you will find a otx server with those features
2-its then you can simply replace the borders
3-it wont work because notsrarlius doesnt read items.otb files it uses another system

Back