• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A new kind of Tibia Project (Tibia 2?) (Fibula?)

Togu

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Now we have NaruTibia, PokéTibia, DragonBall Tibia...

I was thinking this days in making Tibia a little bit different. I never liked the training system of it, why do we have to train for hours? The game is already very repetitive just leveling, we dont want to train.

The skill by points system is so much better in RPG games. But it don't work so well because every knight will have a build full hp + full one melee + full def, every paladin will be full distance and every sorcerer/druid will be full magic level build.

So... What's the solution? Make it like Dark Souls (and other RPG games), where you have vitality, strenght, dexterity, endurance, resistance, intelligence and faith.

For Tibia, it would be like:
vitality (+ hp)
strenght (+ physical damage)
dexterity (+ char speed, + distance damage?)
endurance (+ cap, + def)
resistance (+ def, + magic resistance)
intelligence (+ attack spells)
faith (+ support spells)

And the concept of vocation would no longer exist (everybody would start just as a normal human, making your build the way that you want).

So here I am to ask the OTLand community, is this a good idea?
Is there someone here that would like to engage that project with me?
What tips do you have to give to me if I want to make these changes?
Where should I start?
Do I have to make changes in the client sourcecode too?

I'm using TFS 1.1 with this skill points system but I don't really know what to do in the sources. I was thinking in changing the formula of the attacks and I think it is in weapons.cpp (not sure), but I'm not sure if I should start from it. I know I'll have to change maaaany things in maaany modules of the entire system.

Give me your feedback.

Skill Point system works fine IF you set a max level.
With a max level. Lets say 200 and you make sure that you get enough Points to max 1 of the stats. Example follows.
*The first Knight chooses to be a Blocker. He choose mainstats Health, so that one goes to max. The majority of his remaining Points go to defence and the rest for damage/Walking-speed.
He can take big hits due to his Health and defence, but he needs companions to kill stronger monsters.

*The second Knight wants to use 2 handed weapons. He choose Attack Power over anything. But since he cant use a shield he will either take Health or defence to last in combat longer.

*The mage, obviously a damage dealer. Chooses magic level. Or Attack Power if you will, to make the most damage as possible. Maybe he picks a big mana pool as well, maybe he wants to run fast for PVP so the strong Knights cant get Close enough to fight back. But also, this choice makes the mage very fragile for damage and relies on suprise attacks. If he get cornered he wont last very long.

*The druid have two possible roles but many ways to do it. Understand?
-The first druid does small damage and wants to Group hunt to survive. He heals fairly good but has a big mana pool. He is the guy that heals the Group, not the main blocker in dungeons/raids. He doesnt have much Health or defence. But capacity for many potions and some loot. He runs fairly fast.
-One druid wants to do more damage. He picks attack Power as a main stat. Majority in mana pool. He can hunt solo and heal himself just enough no to die.

This only works if you put a limit to the skill Points or the higher level you get, the less Points you earn. 3 Points each level up to 50. then 2 Points every second level to 100. then two Points every 5th level to 200 maybe. idk. just thinking loud here.

Thanks for the feedback! I know we can make it work the way it is, but I want make a big change in the game, I want to eliminate the vocation system and create a build stats system.

If a player wants to use exura he would need a minimum of 8 faith, if he wants exura gran he would need 15...
If he wants to use utani hur, would need dexterity 15 and faith 12, something like that.

And I wanna make changes in the client, maybe make a ctrl + i command to popup the modal window with the points. Change the skills names, etc...

1) compile otclient (done)
2) edit otclient (done)

:)

<! -------------------- CLOSED TOPIC ------------------------->

NEW TOPIC: The Forgotten Tibia

Last edited:
Back