• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Damonia Custom RPG Discussion ~ Riseing from the shadows :) Give suggestions!

if u want to make it really hard and force people in teamhunting: only druid knows healing spells (maybe a costum at lower lvl like i allready mentioned earlier)
if u want to make solo hunting also possibe give everyone a little healing spell that heals little so they can still survive a bit.

i would go with the first one because i really enjoy that aspect of the game: teaming up together and clearing some spawns.
but some people wont like it and maybe quit because of it

if u want to make it really hard and force people in teamhunting: only druid knows healing spells (maybe a costum at lower lvl like i allready mentioned earlier)
if u want to make solo hunting also possibe give everyone a little healing spell that heals little so they can still survive a bit.

i would go with the first one because i really enjoy that aspect of the game: teaming up together and clearing some spawns.
but some people wont like it and maybe quit because of it

I see your point :) But I guess a spell like exura might be usefull for everyone because I love teamhunting, too.. But if u make one time payment to play then I atleast wanna make sure everyone can play :)

Any suggestions on the one time payment?
5€ ? I acctually wouldnt lower it to >5 because then it wont rly help , cuz if only low amount of players play 5€ are needed :p

If you intend to remove single player hunting then u will not gain that many of players. PPl wont start unless they got a team.

Well,
I already said I will make solohunting possible :)

I see your point :) But I guess a spell like exura might be usefull for everyone because I love teamhunting, too.. But if u make one time payment to play then I atleast wanna make sure everyone can play :)

With a one time payment the amount of players that will play will be very low and thus less fun for the people who does play. A server can be extremely awesome, but with only 5 players it's not that fun. People will also donate only once, while you will have to pay the host every month and the amount of new players coming is often not that big, especially if they have to donate quite early in the game in order to keep playing.

Suggestions for a donation shop which gives non or as good as no advantages to donators:
- one or multiple mounts that can only be donated for (zero advantage)
- one or multiple outfits/addons that can only be donated for (zero advantage)
- if there are multiple towns on one continent you could allow only vip players to travel between these cities with the boat. The non-vip players would have to walk. Not a big advantage, it only makes life easier.
- if you have emoticons on the server, make some special ones for donators only (zero advantage).
- maybe some donator items that are nothing than just visual items. Think about a stuffed dragon or other items like that which people might like to use as deco, fire rockets, party hats, snowball(s) (with 0 attack so it can't be used for training, but it can be used for fun and decoration).
- a nice looking backpack that maybe has four additional slots.
- Some kind of amulet or token, like a CM token for example, that does absolute nothing, but that contains a personal message written by you to thank the donator. This could be quite an expensive item, just for the people who like to donate to support the server, but don't really need anything for it in return.
- marriage, could be something only for vip players and it has zero advantages.
- if you have an own forum something like a coloured name or a special title.
- being able to create a guild.
- if rook is big enough for a rookstayer to be fun you could make it that only donators can buy a house on rook. On main it should be available for everyone of course.

These things do not give a big advantage, but people will donate for it. You could also combine multiple of these features into a vip bundle. People can then buy a vip bundle for a week, a month or 3 months. This way people will keep buying which gives you a more constant cash flow.

I must say that many of these ideas come from an other custom server I've played.

With a one time payment the amount of players that will play will be very low and thus less fun for the people who does play. A server can be extremely awesome, but with only 5 players it's not that fun. People will also donate only once, while you will have to pay the host every month and the amount of new players coming is often not that big, especially if they have to donate quite early in the game in order to keep playing.

Suggestions for a donation shop which gives non or as good as no advantages to donators:
- one or multiple mounts that can only be donated for (zero advantage)
- one or multiple outfits/addons that can only be donated for (zero advantage)
- if there are multiple towns on one continent you could allow only vip players to travel between these cities with the boat. The non-vip players would have to walk. Not a big advantage, it only makes life easier.
- if you have emoticons on the server, make some special ones for donators only (zero advantage).
- maybe some donator items that are nothing than just visual items. Think about a stuffed dragon or other items like that which people might like to use as deco, fire rockets, party hats, snowball(s) (with 0 attack so it can't be used for training, but it can be used for fun and decoration).
- a nice looking backpack that maybe has four additional slots.
- Some kind of amulet or token, like a CM token for example, that does absolute nothing, but that contains a personal message written by you to thank the donator. This could be quite an expensive item, just for the people who like to donate to support the server, but don't really need anything for it in return.
- marriage, could be something only for vip players and it has zero advantages.
- if you have an own forum something like a coloured name or a special title.
- being able to create a guild.
- if rook is big enough for a rookstayer to be fun you could make it that only donators can buy a house on rook. On main it should be available for everyone of course.

These things do not give a big advantage, but people will donate for it. You could also combine multiple of these features into a vip bundle. People can then buy a vip bundle for a week, a month or 3 months. This way people will keep buying which gives you a more constant cash flow.

I must say that many of these ideas come from an other custom server I've played.

Well Thanks for your advice :)
I guess I will make all spells available to free accounts.
Then I will use the premium system as donation:
With premium you get :
-access to all islands via boat (free accounts only reside on main island)
-access to Futura: a city where u can forget avout hard adventuring
And gamble instead or play other games.
Where you can get luxury houses or even make ur own ones!
-premium outfits
-special outfits
-all benefits premium players have in rl tibia, too..
--------
The shop might offer:
-backpacks, addons, furniture items,
A token which allows you to map your own house with RME , send it to me
And I will add it to "Futura", a city where premium players
Can gamble, play games, buy luxury houses (with gp), or have their own house added in this city :)

Regards,
//Damon

Payment methods:

Automatic options:
PayPal via ZnoteAAC

Manual:
Nitrado
Where u can charge ur accöunt with the needed
Amount of money using paysafecard, mobile phone, bank transfer, and much more options
And then donate the needed amount to my Nitrado Account.
Then I will check it and add points :)

Since the death penalty will be extremely high, it even used to be a hardcore server, I was wondering or the server is still challenging. When the death penalty is very high people will play very safe and doing a level 100 quest with 10 level 150s for example to avoid dying is not very challenging. Either the challenge is in bosses or difficult quests to solve, both would make me happy.
What level did you had in mind as a soft cap? With a 5x exp rate at level 151+ level 300 will be easy, 400 will request some dedication and with some no life playing level 500 shouldn't be impossible either. I myself enjoy it the most when the fast majority of your time is spend between level 100 and 200 (when reaching level 200 is already very/extremely hard) and where level 300 is impossible to reach.

I'm looking forward to it and I hope that the main island is gigantic, since I never donate. In the last 10 years I've donated once or twice and bought two indie games.
When I see an awesome server I support it with ideas, helping new players, make guides, a wiki or I buy donation stuff from others with in game stuff.
Seeing some old school training will also be nice, despite I will be a druid for sure :)

Mate, you have been shuting this server down and bringing it up so much, I am really suprised when I return to OTLand and see Damonia again.

News:
I am considering TFS 036pl1 and client 8.54 instead of my tfs 0.4 woth 8.70
Since im not sure if ZnoteAAC supports it :/
However I would for the gameplay for sure prefer 8.70 :D
Guess It will work if i just use a database schwna from tfs036pl1 and use tfs 0.4 as usual for the server^^

@hehemidu:
Well I did some npc scriptings, and some fix here and there

@NuxoHiz:
I appreciate that you want to help the server with ideas and supporting new players^^
Sadly u won't donate and I acctually DO hope someone will, because i will pay the server just 2 months by my own...
Then I would like atlast have ~30%-40% of hosting fees covered by donations.

@FreshMapper

So I can count on you once more? :)

@FreshMapper

So I can count on you once more? :)

tumblr_ltvyi9DXGo1qjokxe.gif

But, you can expect guidance if you need it.

It's understandable that you hope on donators. Hosting a server isn't cheap and the amount of custom servers I've played where donating is not possible can be counted on one hand.

If I love the server and there are good items in main or money is important, I will maybe be able to get premium by paying someone in game stuff for it. That way I can still donate indirectly :)
The main reason I don't donate myself is that I see way too often that a server shuts down or dies within 3 months or that there's simply no content left after less than a month. 130+ quests sounds very promising though.

Well it is difficult to host without donations, however this way of indirect donation is cool :)
I guess I should make an ingame premium item :)
And at level 50 everyone can pm me to grant his account 7 days free trial premmy to see some of the other islands :D

I do not plan to make much profit with this server , stilö I wouldn't mind to atleast cover the hosting fees ^^
I will asl for 1€~2€/ 7 days premmy...
So its 1€ x 4 = 4€/month ; 2€ x4= 8€/month...
I would be totally fine if I would go with 4€/month having a base of 5~10 donators atleast.
I guess 4€/month is a fair price and won't hurt you too much :)

Four euro a month by each donator plus perhaps additional donations for things that gives next to no advantages also covers the hosting costs much better than a one time 5 euro fee by less players I guess :)

Custom ot owners almost never make a server just for the profit I believe. For that it simply cost too much time and the profit for every hour of work you put in it is almost nothing compared with a normal job.

Back