• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dear all Oldschool/Tibianic/Realots Tibia lovers, haters, and players.

Nymphis

Reaction score
I noticed a lot of people bitching about how the new update and impliments on Tibianic were useless or over powered or too late because the server died. Well here's what I have to say about it and why I never bothered playing Tibianic/Realots.

Do you guys really want to know what makes a successful server? Why Realots was SOOO successful? It was a great combination of uniqueness and customization, it had it's own personality, it had an active staff (during its peak years) and MOST IMPORTANTLY still had a strong sense of oldschool RL Tibia. It was able to create it's own history and success not only because it was an amazing server but because it had A TEAM not a single person but A TEAM of dedicated staff dead set on developing a successful server. Believe it or not Dennis wasn't always a lazy and shitty owner, at one point he was active and had a team to help map and support the server that literally grew into a massive god damn empire. I was meeting tons of new people on old Realots from EVERYWHERE every single day over the course of 2 years until its epic fall due to the xp drop and OP donations.

Before you sit on the Tibianic or OT forums bitching about xp, loot, and skill rates you have to think:

What the hell is so special about this server anyway?

Do you guys honestly feel like this server offers anything unique beyond low rates? Realots had many updates, a VERY active forum, took many suggestions and ACTED on them, and most importantly did unique shit with the community whether is be cool raids or events. Little tweaks and implements to slightly balance vocations were also it's forte and it always kept players active and looking forward to the next best thing regardless if it was Realots unique or not. Dagorlad was a prime example of that, Rogue gamemasters, special bosses, hard unique spawns and monsters on Dagorlad. Plus the few things Tibianic tried to update into it last minute from Realots like Light Crossbow, Assassin Stars, higher attack stats on knight weapons, ect.

Truth is, it isn't always about low rates, it's about attracting the average player. Dedicated players who play too much Tibia will ALWAYS flourish and be OP. That's a proven fact. But it's all about bringing in every type of player, whether it be bad or good, make it entertaining and easy for anyone to get on their feet yet challenging to reach a certain level of success that every player wants. Realots had it's xp rate higher than 3x at one point AND accepting skill and level and other donations and it fucking flourished. Not to mention all the GM's abused like crazy and gave levels to their characters and gave little gifts to the community to help them get on their feet here and there. That server didn't just suck you in, it made you hooked, and it didn't just have good and bad players, it created legends.

Sure the loot and level rates were ridiculous at one point but everyone was helping everyone out and the higher levels were supporting and being friendly to all the new players yet waring amongst themselves secretly sometimes. You wouldn't even know as a new player when shit was popping off unless the death broadcasts said otherwise because they were so busy with eachother they didn't fuck with you. Not to mention the custom areas were more popular for higher levels because they had harder monsters THUS keeping wars less focused on lower level public spawns (hint hint). Truth is EVERYONE is looking for a handout and it's not necessarily wrong to make a lot of things easier to obtain, especially when it comes not making level 100 the ultimate achievement Because to some thats amazing to get and will keep them around.But the hardcore PGer's will always set the highest standard, and 60% of realots didn't consist of hardcore PGers. There were level 200-300's on realots and that server was still booming, levels really don't mean shit. When you join a server and when someone sees that there is hope for them to have fun, meet new people, and have a UNIQUE experience with that strong sense of RL Tibia still there but with a twist, THEY STAY.

You guys are trying too hard to take the boring and bland and edit it to somehow create the "perfect rates", when in reality thats only going to bring back the same old players for a short period of time. There was so much personality and so many small and unique twists and things that were in Realots it's impossible to list them all because countless people missed half the Easter eggs the server had. You seriously need to think outside the box for once before releasing an oldschool server with the name Realots representing it. Is it just me who realizes you're always left with the same old PGers and complainers who wasted all their time on a server with the fate of failure? No server is permanently successful but when you provide an opportunity for all, like Dennis did, whether it be through donations or reasonable xp rates with premmy accounts but most importantly WITH UNIQUE ATTRACTIONS then you're on the right road for a long lasting success and history like Realots.

Realots will forever be a positive memory, and I feel like you should make some serious changes before releasing a server with that type of rep behind it because its been a huge fucking dissapointment and failure the last 2 rebirths compred to what it used to be. Iit's NOT impossible to create a server nearly as fun and addicting as it was. You really need to start by adding things to the map I think personally to make a step in the right direction. But then again this is just my opinion and I've wanted to get this out for a long time as a Realots player and huge fan.

If you read this rant, thanks, and feel free to leave opinions or share Realots memories.
Blaze-hero

Read it all and I liked the most parts even if I never played RealOTs.
Im glad to read about a custom ot server succeded and became great (if all what you wrote is true).

And Ampulsia, go do something better with your spare time instead of making a fool out of yourself.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

I'm playing realots since the start so already 2.5 month and havent got bored yet, how is that?
And how's that bsp, niklas and dempah are playing here even with 100 players online? Thats only noobs whining always and quitting server and then praying for reset or so. We are fighting each other and actually randoms barely are getting power abused so feel free to play.

Interesting reading. Thanks for sharing.

Your points are good and some obvious.
I feel that dedication is somewhat a keyword, customization and doing it yourself aswelll. Server owners should read this and if they havent applyed them, maybe they shoud.

Back