• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Death of OT-Land

Dont think the average wait time for support determines if OTland is dying. Also I think the way you ask your questions, what info you give etc will help you a lot. Most questions are like "HELP IM HAVING ERROR PLS HELP". Hard to answer and, atleast in my opinion, if you cannot take more time to write your post I am not really interested in investing my time to help you.

Not sure if you noticed, but this is the gaming community as a whole right now. This problem is not unique to open/tibia alone. Constructive criticism has been replaced with crying/negativity for quite some time now.
As a developer you are going to have to adapt to:
  • Crying ("OMG I CANT") = Lack of knowledge on the user end.
  • Hate/Negativity ("SERVER SUCKS BECAUSE") = Something is wrong.
  • Silence ("...") = Working properly.

Don't forget that a very few people can make it sound like everybody thinks the same.
Happy players are quiet, not happy players are at most times the only one visible on forums.

The Support Team was supposed to be much more than it is today. It never had the oversight that was suggested by myself, even though we had planned to see to it that it did (at the time). I mentioned its flaws in this thread. As usual, it was ignored. But no, OtLand is not dead. It's changing and begs for someone to shape its new form.

@Shadowsong mentions some good stuff. Members need to stop expecting someone to solve all of their problems. Over the years I've noticed that those who have tried to solve a problem themselves, and have posted their results from doing so, have actually had better luck in the Support section than those who just make an empty thread expecting someone to fix something. Learn the definition of "support" and "help." And try to solve your own problems first before seeking help from others. Being self-sufficient is something this new generation needs to learn. ;)

Regards,
J.Dre

Last edited:
I like the idea of support, but not request. Since request is something people want other todo for them and support is more that they tried to code and post it in the support board. Which makes people be able to pitch in and point out flaws on their code.

If you will never take the step by yourself and try to develop, either that is coding, mapping, spriting and etc... Then the community will be doomed, since people are used to mommy's breast.

leech = Someone who randomly create an account, create a thread and ask for certain things and then turn around and never come back unless they need help with something else.
Also a leech is when someone keep asking for help, and find out problems of their question and doesn't share how they fixed it in their thread... there's countless of threads in otland there the thread started just says "fixed, close thread" and doesn't even bother to post the solution even if there's 2-8 other people asking him how he did it.

Good guy = Someone who ask for help, why he's script isn't working, or how to create a script for certain situation, while waiting for the reply he check around in the forum and see others need help and check the thread, if he have a slight idea about anything about the subject, he reply with the idea and try to help even thou he isn't a hardcore programmer.

Trolls/Flamer = The guys who make everyone prefer not posting.
A troll/flamer follow around and call anyone retard or worse just by a simple misspell, or any reason really.
This make experienced members get tired of the bullshit and consider better stay quiet than pour gas on the little flame that seems not to die too easy.....

There is nothing wrong with the OTLand community, at least in comparison to gaming as a whole.

Now if you want to try to fix all of gaming, or try to make OTLand different than the rest of gaming, good luck, it wont' happen.

The problem with gaming today is there is this small vocal minority of players that cry whenever ANYONE tries to make money or they see anything they don't like.
  • A game comes out with DLC. - this small vocal minority says the developers are trying to scam their customers.
  • A game has Micro-Transactions - this small vocal minority cries that the developers are greedy.
  • A game is too hard. - this small vocal minority cries that the game needs to be made easier.

You have to learn to completely IGNORE these people. They have learned that the internet is a powerful tool, and they are using it to be little bitches.

For example, anyone on here that complains about donations. You are part of the problem.
Anyone on here that complains about how people treat you, or how mean people are. You are part of the problem.
Anyone on here that complains about how hard or easy a server is using words like "server is bad" etc. You are part of the problem.

I personally, have developed a "I don't give a shit about my players" attitude. Making it so I am unaffected by these people.
But I see people on here LISTENING to these retards. Sir Knighter gets SO MUCH shit from his community, and he LISTENS to them and responds. Which basically FEEDS these idiots and they will trash him and his server even more.

You have to ignore basically 99% of players that respond about your game. You can read their feedback, but don't pretend the player has ANY idea what they are talking about.
YOU decide what happens to your game, just because someone donated, or someone is playing your server, does not mean they have any power over you; and it certainly doesn't give them any right to tell you what to do.

Over the years I've noticed that those who have tried to solve a problem themselves, and have posted their results from doing so, have actually had better luck in the Support section than those who just make an empty thread expecting someone to fix something.
confirmed.

There is nothing wrong with the OTLand community, at least in comparison to gaming as a whole.

Now if you want to try to fix all of gaming, or try to make OTLand different than the rest of gaming, good luck, it wont' happen.

The problem with gaming today is there is this small vocal minority of players that cry whenever ANYONE tries to make money or they see anything they don't like.
  • A game comes out with DLC. - this small vocal minority says the developers are trying to scam their customers.
  • A game has Micro-Transactions - this small vocal minority cries that the developers are greedy.
  • A game is too hard. - this small vocal minority cries that the game needs to be made easier.

You have to learn to completely IGNORE these people. They have learned that the internet is a powerful tool, and they are using it to be little bitches.

For example, anyone on here that complains about donations. You are part of the problem.
Anyone on here that complains about how people treat you, or how mean people are. You are part of the problem.
Anyone on here that complains about how hard or easy a server is using words like "server is bad" etc. You are part of the problem.

I personally, have developed a "I don't give a shit about my players" attitude. Making it so I am unaffected by these people.
But I see people on here LISTENING to these retards. Sir Knighter gets SO MUCH shit from his community, and he LISTENS to them and responds. Which basically FEEDS these idiots and they will trash him and his server even more.

You have to ignore basically 99% of players that respond about your game. You can read their feedback, but don't pretend the player has ANY idea what they are talking about.
YOU decide what happens to your game, just because someone donated, or someone is playing your server, does not mean they have any power over you; and it certainly doesn't give them any right to tell you what to do.

I couldn't have said that better myself in 100 years, I completely agree!

Back