• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot v2 (The Restoration Project) | Live Update Thread & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xagul did you Speak With Sync about making game open beta?
Yes and we came to the conclusion that an open beta right now might be too early. While some people go into a beta and expect it to be a "beta" there are many people that log into a beta and expect it to be a server, and then they judge an unfinished server and it gets a bad rep before it has even begun, so for now it will remain closed until it is a bit more finished.

we know it is not finished yet that's why it called beta and maybe if you make it open beta many players going know about it and get some experience beacuse not all players in XDC know about Dzot so if you post in XDC about Dzot other players going join cuz you are not making the new game just for old players

Yes and we came to the conclusion that an open beta right now might be too early. While some people go into a beta and expect it to be a "beta" there are many people that log into a beta and expect it to be a server, and then they judge an unfinished server and it gets a bad rep before it has even begun, so for now it will remain closed until it is a bit more finished.

So true, people might say they don't expect it to be ready but they do. better let the people wait a bit and become more anxious to play the server then opening an open beta too soon.
I will for sure play this when it gets out and i wish you guys the best of luck during the further development!

1. I sent out the message to apply for the closed beta.
  2. People put their preferred vocs here on the forum.
  3. I went in order from first post to last post and assigned them an account.
  4. Once all the accounts were filled, beta was released.
There was no choosing of individual players, it was simply first come first serve. Nobody helped any more than the other, the people who botted non stop gave us some realistic testing of what most people are going to do in the live server, this helps us determine areas that are giving too much experience and making the server progress too fast. The people who explored found map bugs and other useful things that help us perfect the server. And the people pking helped us balance pvp and vocations. Everyone played an equal role in what this beta was put online for to begin with.

The next person that posts some dumb ass shit that doesn't help the development of this server will be excluded from the next beta test, simple as that. Enough flaming each other, stop acting like you are 12 because I have seen your names for the past 5 years so I know that even if you used to be 12, you are at least an adult now... so act like it...
Yes sorry about this

Well idk whats going on but hope to see this done soon was fun for whats was there ofc it seemed very incomplete so we might have to actually wait abit during this time come play xdc with me ^_^

Cant wait! Loving the changes I have seen so far.
~Excitement intensifies.

I also agree that tier combination should be raised to 4. At 3 per tier I progressed through mostly t1/t2 to almost t3/t4 in a matter of an hour at goblins.

I should note I was using luck on every piece of armor I had on me. Not sure if it mattered just thought it was worth noting. I also used all maps looted (around 5-8) with that luck period as well.

The progress is goin great!!
The updates look amazing!!
The vocations is spectacular!!

The mapping seems to be badass from the old mapping!!

Hopefully none of us will be let down!!
DEATHZOT FOREVER!!!!!?

Sorry for lack of updates but there's not much to update on. I'm working on bug fixes found in beta and I'm also fixing some things that were discovered in beta (Edrona map too small, etc).

would it be correct to assume that down the road there will be another beta test for farther progression? since no-1 was on long enough to even get into 2k area.

Also i would really like to see a revision of 1k creatures exp, as most people where leveling off 500 area after 1.2k... this doesnt mean nerf the 500 area as its a logical step up from 200 area, but the 1k area is lacking everywhere in hp vs reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back