- May 27, 2022
- Reaction score
Official Launch 26th May 2023
Trollheim Online is Open Tibia Server that is developed since 2017 based on TFS 1.2, but updated to TFS 1.4.2 and some features from 1.5. The main aim of this OT is to bring back excitement in playing tibia from hunting, looting unique items. finding new quests and wondering around map. It is based on Tibia 10.98 but many mechanics has been ripped from Tibia 7.4 - like not using hotkeys in PVP, luring monsters and dropping them to caves etc. We want to make it more classic experience with quality of life improvements form newer clients. We are also players of many games, so you can expect mechanics that you may know from Lineage 2, Diablo 2, WOW, Skyrim and others. We opted for custom map for players to explore. We want make it long term server. Premium system is not aggressive pay-to-win so you can see there only few QoL improvements items. Premium account grants you ability to sail and use more spells or spells on higher level.
Exp Stages: 1-6x (with 2x exp bonus after death in PVE)
Skill: x3 (no offline training, but possibility to train by skillbooks looted from monsters)
Protection till level 20 (only eq)
Map: 3 main cities, 3 smaller towns, 2 continents, lots of unique places
Trollheim Online is like older Tibia, slow exp with 1 or 2 monsters at time, no 8 monsters on chest bullshit. You have classic 4 vocations and 4 promotions (on level 50 after quest), plus rookslayer after 20 lvl and quest on rookgaard. Monsters have their own power, so each Troll can be stronger or weaker. Sometimes you can even meet Troll Leader or Troll Alpha, that are much much stronger. Stronger means more HP and greater Max DMG. Each looted item can be valuable, because of it's attributes. Items have Quality and Level that can give more attack or armor in weapons and equipment respectively. For players to feel powerful we prepared spell level system. You can learn every spell on level up to 10, each level grants additional power. Apart from vocations each player can choose 1 occupation: Alchemist (brewing potions out of ingredients and creature products), Blacksmith (Forging, Smelting, Salvaging), Hunter (Skinning, Staking, Tanning) and up to 2 from 6 subprofessions: Miner, Lumberjack, Fisherman, Treasure Hunter (wip), Jeweler (wip), Cook (wip). I will explain more in tl;dr; section and future posts.
Learn more about Trollheim on Social Media:
See you in game!
Who are You?
I know that this account is new. I am here at Otland since 2010, but on my main account I can not change nick, and I used that nick everywhere for 20+ years. I prefer to stay little bit more anonymous. Call me Feeltz
We made a few changes to Promotions. First of all, you have to be at least level 50 to get promotion. Secondly, you have to make certain quests. You can encounter some familiar names during those quests.:
Master Sorcerer: To become Master Sorcerer find head of Prodigy Tower north from Dion. Promotion difficulty: **
Elder Druid: To become Elder Druid find old Druid south-west from Oren in his temple, below Windy Hills. Promotion difficulty: **
Royal Paladin: To become Royal Paladin find paladins leader in Dion. Look for him in basement in King of Dion building (north from Dion fountain). Promotion difficulty: ****
Elite Knight: To become Elite Knight find knights guild in Oren (north-east part). Promotion difficulty: *
In our world, your character will have an opportunity to become much more than just a character we all know. Just become a blacksmith, alchemist or hunter and get unique skills to gain an advantage above others! Unique crafting system will guarantee an dependent economics, leading to interact with other players instead of the market itself! Want to craft enchanted equipment for yourself or profit from it? Become a blacksmith and make it out of crafting materials. Salvage looted equipment to get more materials. Regular equipment has been removed from the market, causing players to interact with each other, making the economy much more alive than it used to be. Tired of getting supplies in shops? Become Alchemist and brew unique potions for yourself and others whenever you want! Collect ingredients from monsters or buy them from other players. Becoming a hunter will help you with skinning various monsters and profit from it. I will explain more in future posts.
In world of Trollheim Online you can upgrade your equipment by using Magical Matters. You can use Matter of Practise to upgrade item Level, Matter of Greediness to upgrade item Enchantment and Matter of Ruthless to improve item Quality.
Enchantment helps you with upgrading your equipment with Magical Matters. Quality and Level improves your items by giving them more attack, more armor, more defense. On top of that, you can upgrade backpacks with Quality. Every point gives you more space in your backpack.
It is also commonly known, that many classic items changed their regular attributes. Like Blue robe gives additional mana, horseman helmet gives speed, and thawing knives give additional attack speed.
Become powerful hero by learning all spells using spell scrolls. You can enchant known spells even to level 10! On Trollheim Online spells have their levels. So you can learn Energy Strike on level 5 or level 9. Each level of spell is more powerful. Some spells can even increase their area or range! You can learn spells from NPC up to level 5. To go further you have to hunt monsters and drop spell scrolls or buy them form other players.
To advance in spell level, you have to cast spell on your current level several times. Open spellbook to see how it is going.
During your journey you can find unidentified spell scrolls with spells of different levels. You can loot them from monsters, find them in quest chests or in treasure chests.
You can unite spell scrolls in special chambers. If you put 5 spell scrolls of the same spell and the same level you are going to get same spell but with higher (+1) level. In example: 5 Light Healing level 6 spells scrolls gives you 1 Light Healing level 7 spell scroll.
You can also unite different spell scrolls of same level to get random spell scroll of the same level as base spell scrolls.
We wanted PvP to be awesome in old school way! So we bring back pots but not all. You cannot use Hotkeys while you are Protection Zone Locked. It means that if you want to fight with someone, you have to do it by manually targeting your opponent with runes.
We know that not everyone like to PvP and we know, that sometimes fight is unfair. That’s why we are giving you opportunity to use your Hotkeys as long as you won’t hit other player. It means you can safely run away by spamming mana potions and health potions. But be aware, if you hit your opponent with GFB or Spell, you will have to manually target potions and runes.
And don't forget to bring pots with you
Each monster has different power, you can also face their leader which is much stronger. If you are (un)lucky enough, you can face Alpha monster which is most powerful of its kind. Leaders and Alphas loot rate is significantly increased. More power means more Health Points, stronger attacks and spells. They can also run faster.
- Now, you are able to lure monsters whole map like old times. It means you can also push them on stairs or to hole!
- Monster corpses can be thrown as soon as monster dies, so keep an eye on your loot.
- Some monsters like Trolls now are passive. They wont attack you unless you attack them.
- Other monsters can have different statistics or attacks than usual ie. Monks can shoot divine missile, Blood Crabs can attack with bubble beam.
- All "Winter" monsters are stronger than usual.
- You will get Blessing of the Fallen (2x exp) after death by monster until you reach experience points you had before death.
- Every server restart there are going to be 3 boosted and 2 weakened creatures one in each category. Monster in Extra Loot category can loot 4 additional items in 4 rarities: Common, Uncommon, Rare, Very Rare
Other minor changes
- Quivers – Something nice for paladins. You can put a lot of ammunition in there and don’t have to worry to refill so often. Quiver is container with ability to shoot different kind of ammunition in row.
- Runes – they are meant to be created by players. Because of that most of the more advanced runes are not available at shops and if they are, they prices are much
- Focus on magic level – from now on - wands and rods require magic level to use them instead of character level
- Additional Attack Speed - there are items, that can increase or decrease your attack speed
- Weapons changes – for example we have changed burst arrow, poison arrow, viper star and ice rapier damage.
- HP and MP Gain speed – changed formulas to gain HP, MP and Souls
- No stamina system – like good old times
- Food – some food can give you bonuses like health or mana
- Skill Books – gives you option to grow in skill by reading book. You can drop books from monster
- Loot channel – separate channel to see your and your party loot
- Monster changes – many monsters act different than you are used to (ie. Monks can shoot with divine missiles)
- New monsters – like Poison Dragon
- Railway system – buy ticket and enjoy the ride
- Credit Card – gives you ability to pay with your bank account money whenever you want
- Disintegrate rune – it can disintegrate also ore veins
- Distilling and sample tubes – use sample tubes on corpses or other fluid sources. If you have enough samples you can transform them in essences. Distilling machine can also change weak alcohol into a strong alcohol.
- New items – there are tons of new items
- Old items – rework of items you know
- Day and night cycle – just for better RPG immersion
- Market – you can use market to buy stackable items or quest items. Regular equipment can be bought via Trade Channel like old times
- Feather pieces – RMB on feather to get feather pieces. They are needed in arrows crafting
- Blessings – there are 5 blessings (like old times). They prevent of loosing a lot of experience and skills after death. To prevent yourself from loosing equipment you have to use Amulet of Loose
- Fishing – fishing is whole new activity - Subprofession
- Destroying things – we try to make Trollheim Online world looks really alive, so there are plenty occasions to perform some fun actions. Try destroy things like spider eggs with you weapon or open iron maidens with it. Sometimes you just need to touch something.
- Enchanted Staff – this item got some modifications. Now it deals physical and energy element damage. On 10 level of spell Enchant Staff it creates you staff that deals true damage (you always hit creature no mater what).
Last edited by a moderator: